Vaccine

I saw something on the news a day or two ago, a report from a hospital in Derby, I think. The frazzled burnt out intensive care staff were telling their stories, all worked way beyond what would acceptable in normal circumstances. Having done their twelve hour shift of hell they then had to run the gauntlet outside the hospital with the anti-vac/covid denying idiots.
I worked on the ambulances, my other half is a nurse and a number of friends and family work for the nhs. One niece in the west county hasn’t had a full day off in five months. Two ambulance crew I know are dead from covid.
So, please stay home and take the vaccination when it’s offered to you. Remember the two hundred or so nhs staff that have died of covid (because of their contact in the workplace) have wives, husbands, daughters, sons, mums and dads. Tell the children of a dead nurse why you don’t want the vaccine.
I suspect this will be deleted from the thread, but I hope at least a few will see it.

I never said I wouldn't get vaccinated. I will when I get the notice. As for the doctors and nurses in hospitals, they should have been given full protection from the start.

As far as I know and have read, the Pfizer vaccine is made in Germany and America, not France. Also, it has to be kept at between -80 & -60 degrees C, whereas the Oxford one can be kept at room temperature which makes it much better for transporting to different vaccination areas. This sounds a lot safer to me because if something goes wrong in any of the freezer lorries while it is being transported and nobody notices, then the whole lot will have to be thrown out, and that would be a heck of a lot of people having to wait longer for their vaccination.
when i recieved my vaccine pfizer manufacured in germany..........there were a dozen or more kidnesy trays laid out with everything in them ready to give jabs.........when i said should those not be stored in fridge....doc said they are good for use up to 6 hrs after coming out of freezer.............so yes i was i bit worried about it...hopefully there will be people keeping an eye open as to how long they have been out of freezer/fridge...........

when i recieved my vaccine pfizer manufacured in germany..........there were a dozen or more kidnesy trays laid out with everything in them ready to give jabs.........when i said should those not be stored in fridge....doc said they are good for use up to 6 hrs after coming out of freezer.............so yes i was i bit worried about it...hopefully there will be people keeping an eye open as to how long they have been out of freezer/fridge...........

Trixie, you're worrying too much, as usual! ;)

Just to repeat. Both me and the missus had the Pfiezer one and have had no side effects. All my colleagues also had the pfiezer one. The only side effects of note are a sore arm, a bit of tiredness from one and one had a mild headache. So far so good.
i had no side effects what so ever..............very concerned in case it may compromise teatment i am having.........it appears each health authority seems to have its own views on length of time between vaccine and treatment........

Sorry, I wasn’t having a go at any particular individual here. I’m just generally annoyed at the attitude of a minority that believe that covid is some sort of hoax, or just like flu. No it isn’t!
That anyone should whinge about getting a life protecting vaccine is bonkers. I am so looking forward to a time when our collective liberties are no longer restricted, to achieve this we ALL must play our part. Who made a fuss about getting a TB shot, a measles shot, a smallpox shot or any other vaccination? Get used to it, I strongly suspect that we’ll be getting annual covid shots.
Someone was asking whether it was okay to take their van for a service, no it isn’t! You can’t go anywhere in it, so why take any chance at all of spreading the disease. What don’t people understand? This disease spreads through contact, not by magic.

My Son is in his late 40's and fit as a Butchers dog (he works in the Fire Service). At the moment he is going through a bad time with Covid but not bad enough to need a Hospital bed. If it does that to him, you lot have got no chance.

The Country Park was very busy this morning and still had its share of idiots who are not aware of basic rules like social distancing.

You really wouldn't want to be injected with vaccine straight out the freezer, then you would have 'side effects'. Once taken out the freezer it can be kept for 5 day in a fridge and several hours at room temperature.

i’m not in the covid denier covid hoax camp and can’t wait for my vaccination and don’t personally think we’ll see much safety till easter, but one american guy was saying to put it in perspective 100 years ago the world population was 25% of the present day and spanish flu killed approximately one third of them estimated at 20-50million people !! today covid has killed 2million of a population 4 times as large making it only 1% as deadly, he then started quoting lack of deaths by flu etc & i realised he had an agenda but if his base figures are correct think how terrifying it must have been when the spanish flu was rampaging around or was the fact there was no tv so no endless restating of everything a blessing in disguise,

i’m not in the covid denier covid hoax camp and can’t wait for my vaccination and don’t personally think we’ll see much safety till easter, but one american guy was saying to put it in perspective 100 years ago the world population was 25% of the present day and spanish flu killed approximately one third of them estimated at 20-50million people !! today covid has killed 2million of a population 4 times as large making it only 1% as deadly, he then started quoting lack of deaths by flu etc & i realised he had an agenda but if his base figures are correct think how terrifying it must have been when the spanish flu was rampaging around or was the fact there was no tv so no endless restating of everything a blessing in disguise,
The thing is, most of the world has taken extreme measures to contain CV-19, without that the death toll would no doubt be similar per head of population to Spanish flu.

reading up on it most of the deaths occurred in the second wave lots of countries cities had gone into a lockdown but then they opened up in america most of the deaths were recorded sept-november

You really wouldn't want to be injected with vaccine straight out the freezer, then you would have 'side effects'. Once taken out the freezer it can be kept for 5 day in a fridge and several hours at room temperature.
if vaccine came straight out of freezer.......it wouldnt flow thru the syringe obviously it would have to defrost first....in the fridge and kept for a length of time in there........i was meaning how long would it keep once taken from fridge...answer was 6 hrs......... slip of the old grey matter when i said freezer...it should have said fridge....thanks for correcting it................................just saying what doc told me......i was surprised that it could stay out of fridge (room temp for that amount of time...........

Last edited:
20210124_143221.jpg

I mentioned a couple of weeks back the physio's from one of my sites had been draughted to help on wards at Royal Blackburn, chatting to one of them on Friday (they're doing 3 days a week on the wards). He has personally had 3 patients die on his shifts and he has only been there the proverbial 5 minutes.

What is worrying is he shared that a FEW off the full timers that now have clocked up months of this now have a 'don't give a £$%^' attitude as it's their only way of coping and still function professionally. It's sad to hear but it immediately reminded me of conflict medics that I've read about and for some it's the only way they can keep going. He wasn't there on the wards worse day, lost 10

I mentioned a couple of weeks back the physio's from one of my sites had been draughted to help on wards at Royal Blackburn, chatting to one of them on Friday (they're doing 3 days a week on the wards). He has personally had 3 patients die on his shifts and he has only been there the proverbial 5 minutes.

What is worrying is he shared that a FEW off the full timers that now have clocked up months of this now have a 'don't give a £$%^' attitude as it's their only way of coping and still functioning professionally. It's sad to hear but it immediately reminded me of conflict medics that I've read about and for some it's the only way they can keep going. He wasn't there on the wards worse day, lost 10

Sadly, this is the reality.

A lot pf people won't realise this, or don't want to know.

Understandable, as this is a very stressful, distressing, and now unavoidable, situation. :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back