Trustpilot Review Request

Then the problem would be such as post #15 who has had no dealings with Wildebus yet leaves a review thinking he is doing a favour, how many others are doing the same. We will never know. Trustpilot do have to try to protect their end or they have no business as no one will trust the reviews. It's A massive problem for such sites
Yes I totally take your point, but making it difficult for people to do reviews is not good for them either.
The fact is they have erred here, because everyone who did a review did so in good faith having in some way dealt with David.
Perfectly good honest and viable reviews earned by David have been consigned to the bin.

Then the problem would be such as post #15 who has had no dealings with Wildebus yet leaves a review thinking he is doing a favour, how many others are doing the same. We will never know. Trustpilot do have to try to protect their end or they have no business as no one will trust the reviews. It's A massive problem for such sites
The daft thing is Daves review (mentioned in #15) IS still alive and kicking.
And actually he and I HAVE had dealings, even though he has forgotten ;)

Got another email from Trustpilot .... "As part of Trustpilot’s efforts to ensure the integrity of reviews, we have customized software that checks our platform for unusual review patterns and reviewer behavior. We’re writing to let you know that our software has removed 12 reviews of wildebus.com that were flagged as suspicious, fake, or otherwise don't meet our guidelines."

I won't be spending any time posting reviews on misTrustpilot as it is clealy a pointless activity.

Maybe because everyone has suddenly jumped in within quite a short time frame and left a bunch of reviews after a long period of inactivity has triggered some sort of spam bot alert?

Just a thought, probably way off mark. 🤷‍♀️

I have never used Trustpilot to leave a review for anything.

Does it not send out an email to the person leaving the review making them click back through to confirm before anything gets posted?

Maybe because everyone has suddenly jumped in within quite a short time frame and left a bunch of reviews after a long period of inactivity has triggered some sort of spam bot alert?

Does it not send out an email to the person leaving the review making them click back through to confirm before anything gets posted?
While I can't remember being asked for confirmation for my review, I did have to log in with a "two factor authentication" code sent to my verified phone. That should have been enough to stop spam bots. However, another thing that Trustpilot have to counter are paid-for reviews. For example, a business might offer incentives for positive reviews of their own company or negative reviews of a competitor. I suspect the bunch of reviews might have appeared to their algorithm to be symptomatic of paid-for reviews, which are explicitly against their T&Cs.

One thing I did wonder is if all the reviewers posted after clicking the link in my initial post on the thread? I would think so, and Trustpilot (and all website systems for that matter) can identify if a visitor came from a specific site - and having multiples all from the same site could be deemed suspicious.
In hindsite I should have not had a link, but just said something like "type in www . trustpilot . com in your browser and search for 'wildebus' " - that would mean every visit was unique.

I've never actually reviewed anything on trustpilot either so don't know what happens.

I have previously left a review on another company - a stinker if I remember correctly.
I reckon that the fact that I had that history on Trustpilot meant that it was accepted more readily.

I have previously left a review on another company - a stinker if I remember correctly.
I reckon that the fact that I had that history on Trustpilot meant that it was accepted more readily.
I was about to agree with you as mine is still showing and I have previously posted another review, but there is one review for David still showing that is their first Trustpilot submission ......... so who knows what mystical method they use 🤣🤣

Davis: I just had a look at the reviews posted and despite there only being 5 star reviews posted you only have an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5!!

How is that if every review has been 5 star?

FWIW, my review was taken down despite my giving two previous reviews for different companies. One was glowing (for Gear4Music) the other was a 'one-star stinker' for the outfit that scammed me in 2020. This suggests that previous reviews count less than how the reviews were worded?

I'm not happy because Trustpilot have removed my review, questioning its authenticity :( Perhaps it's because I've never actually bought anything from David, but that's only because I'm the other end of the country -- an almost thousand mile round trip away. Anyway, they invited an email response if I thought they'd got it wrong. Here's my reply:
Almost a dead certainty that a heap of reviews, especially a swag of 5 star ones, all landing within a short time frame would trigger lots of warning bells. If it didn't then who could trust trust pilot eh?
If anyone would like to not have any reviews removed, it is also possible to send a Review directly to my website by visiting https://www.wildebus.com/contact/ and selecting "Testimonial" in the 'Topic' field. :)

Trustpilot had the advantage of being independant as I guess some people may see reviews and testimonials on someones own website as maybe not genuine but who knows!
Just a very frustrating occurance and clearly their algorithm for detecting false reviews is quite poor.
Seems to me it is working quite well. Lots of reviews directly solicited by the business owner have raised suspicions. Next step might be revocation of your trust pilot credentials

Almost a dead certainty that a heap of reviews, especially a swag of 5 star ones, all landing within a short time frame would trigger lots of warning bells. If it didn't then who could trust trust pilot eh?

Seems to me it is working quite well. Lots of reviews directly solicited by the business owner have raised suspicions. Next step might be revocation of your trust pilot credentials
I would say it is overall poor from Trustpilot as they have removed valid reviews.
If they were invalid, you might be correct, but what is especially poor is the way they expect people posting a review to jump through hoops and provide personal information to Trustpilot in order to be allowed to post a review.
Revocation of my trust pilot credentials? The way they operate, I am more likely to dump them first.

David: I just had a look at the reviews posted and despite there only being 5 star reviews posted you only have an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5!!

How is that if every review has been 5 star?
It is interesting, isn't it. There is a reason for this - when a business registers with Trustpilot, they automatically are given seven ratings of 3.5 stars, which is a dead average score to give a starting point.
As you get actual reviews posted, those seven starter ratings become less and less relevant, but what it will do is prevent a big ratings swing one way or the other due to a couple of initial good or bad reviews, so I think that is quite a good idea.

For your information I have had dealings with David as he and I know, so no false review from me.

For your information I have had dealings with David as he and I know, so no false review from me.
So he has already said and I accepted and acknowledged with a thumbs up, but that's not what your post #15 implied

I have had yet another email from Trustpilot who patently did not read my first reply as they are still asking for documentation etc despite my pointing out that there is none as it was a free service that I received.

They have now had another apt reply from me pointing out the error of their ways!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back