Trustpilot Review Request

wildebus

You hear and see "Trustpilot" mentioned a lot in adverts for companies. I setup a Trustpilot account up for my 'Wildebus' business but like so many things in life, forgot about it.
But it would be great if I could get some more reviews posted up on Trustpilot, as even if you have 5* only reviews, you still don't get 5* rating until you get a certain amount of feedback from customers.

So ... if anyone has bought anything from me, or has got any advice or info from me, whether at Wildebus or here on the forum, it would be really appreciated if you could spend a couple of minutes to rate me at https://uk.trustpilot.com/evaluate/wildebus.com.

Cheers!

Done and legitimately as well. Always had great advice from you on here and you were very helpful to me as regards my battery issues and other stuff a while back. Says it's pending

Done and legitimately as well. Always had great advice from you on here and you were very helpful to me as regards my battery issues and other stuff a while back. Says it's pending
Thanks Barry. Appreciated.

Ref pending, I think it is part of an Anti-spam system ...
"That’s why we’re introducing a delay of up to two hours in posting reviews. Our automated software will proactively detect potentially fake reviews so we can catch them before anyone ever sees them. It’s like a spam filter—protecting users by catching offenders before they even hit the inbox. By proactively detecting fake reviews, we help increase the quality of reviews that make it to our site and improve the experience for our community .....
it should be published within a couple of hours after our software has done its thing. You’ll receive an email notification once your review is posted. In the event our automated systems filter your review, you’ll receive an email notification and have the opportunity to challenge any incorrect decisions"

Ditto, I will do it now.

Its pending David.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reviews, guys. all gone live and my rating is climbing (need a regular flow to keep it up (if you know what I mean!) so have to remember to ask every customer to do a review :) useful as well of course to check how I am doing anyway :) )

Give the thread a bump every now and again. Better still if you keep customer email addresses (you should if you don't) contact them with a link. Maybe even do a regular newsletter, hints and tips etc.

Give the thread a bump every now and again. Better still if you keep customer email addresses (you should if you don't) contact them with a link. Maybe even do a regular newsletter, hints and tips etc.
keeping info is tricky nowadays with Data Protection. But when someone registers in the shop, I do have their info on record (needed for warranty, etc for any issues) but .... NEVER any financial info stored (or even known to start with - deliberate policy).
Little newsletter could be an idea? I sometimes post new info on motorhomebuilder.com but could do a newsletter instead :)

keeping info is tricky nowadays with Data Protection. But when someone registers in the shop, I do have their info on record (needed for warranty, etc for any issues) but .... NEVER any financial info stored (or even known to start with - deliberate policy).
Little newsletter could be an idea? I sometimes post new info on motorhomebuilder.com but could do a newsletter instead :)

If the info is offered up voluntarily I think your ok. I used to be all over data protection in my consultancy days but I'm well out of date now being semi retired for the past decade or so. Asking people if they want to receive a free newsletter full of free advice is a good idea though. Most people will say yes to that I reckon. I certainly would. I used to do a tech blog once a month when I was working. Just a page of hints and tips or opinions on the latest technology or business IT related stuff etc. I even occasionally used to do some articles in the business and IT free rags. I bet Phil would let you do something on the two sites maybe. Does he still send out a newsletter? If he does, I'm not getting it. :D

You've given me some excellent advice in the past, David, so it was a pleasure to submit a review noting this to Trustpilot. HTH.

@barryd : Phil still sends out newsletters for both WC and Motorhomer, perhaps they're something you need to sign up for in your profile settings?

Thanks for the reviews. All appreciated. I think I will do some ad-hoc newsletters :) (I have a blog on the website with some interesting (hopefully!) stuff which I could use as initial newsletter content for those who haven't looked at the blog posts :)

Review posted.

I was very grateful for your advice a few weeks ago. You couldn’t have been more helpful and your advice was much appreciated.

By the way, I managed to find a rigid panel that would just fit but and I bought a MPPT controller to go with it. So thanks again.

You're welcome and believe me I know the value of reviews and the damage too. In the "happy" days when we had no right of reply a guest rolled into our carpark where at the time we had a skip as our outside rooms were under renovation. They turned and went so were no shows to start with then gave us an utterly shocking review on Tripadvisor. Still nips all these years later. Please review thoughtfully.

I'm not happy because Trustpilot have removed my review, questioning its authenticity :( Perhaps it's because I've never actually bought anything from David, but that's only because I'm the other end of the country -- an almost thousand mile round trip away. Anyway, they invited an email response if I thought they'd got it wrong. Here's my reply:

Thank you for your message in which you questioned the authenticity of my review of wildebus.com. I can assure you that my review was 100% accurate and set out the circumstances below:

As have many businesses, Wildebus reached out to their customers to ask for reviews with no incentives offered. I've been a user of wildcamping.co.uk since I bought my motorhome in 2017 and have posed a number of questions related to motorhome electrics on that platform. David, the proprietor of wildebus.com, has answered my queries providing consistently sound advice. As I wrote in my review, I have never actually bought anything from Wildebus. However, that is because I'm snookered by distance: I live in Cornwall while Wildebus is located in the Scottish Borders. Unbeknown to me at the time of asking is that system design is one of the services Wildebus sells. Yet David gave his advice -- effectively providing elements of this service -- to me for free. I felt that deserved a five-star review and would hope that you do also.

I'm not happy because Trustpilot have removed my review, questioning its authenticity :( Perhaps it's because I've never actually bought anything from David, but that's only because I'm the other end of the country -- an almost thousand mile round trip away. Anyway, they invited an email response if I thought they'd got it wrong. Here's my reply:

I got an email from them today, saying they had removed 6 reviews, which is a bit annoying as I know they were all genuine. And I can see that those reviewers, such as yourself, will be equally annoyed after spending time writing a review and having thrown back at them.

This is what Trustpilot say ...
"We’ve emailed each reviewer to let them know that their review has been removed, and we’ve asked them to get in touch with us if there’s been a mistake. If a reviewer disputes our decision and can document that they've had a valid experience, we can reinstate their review".
I wonder how many reviewers will spend more time collecting some kind of documentation that can validate their review when it could just get rejected again?

Geoff, I really appreciate the time taken for you to respond to Trustpilot and I hope your effort is not wasted for both of us, as it no doubt makes you (and anyone else with rejected reviews for any businesses) less inclined to bother again :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back