Spain/Portugal where are you?

Now on the marina at Almerimar. Just an hour after me, I had the lovely
surprise of Richard and Margaret arriving.

It's great have some company,and we just enjoyed a nice meal together in the Stumble inn.

Having been on the move most days, I think I might stay here now and see the New Year in.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Hi Bill, I’m arriving in Santander on the 9th, heading south. How long are you out there for? Would be great to meet up!

Almerimar

Now on the marina at Almerimar. Just an hour after me, I had the lovely
surprise of Richard and Margaret arriving.

It's great have some company,and we just enjoyed a nice meal together in the Stumble inn.

Having been on the move most days, I think I might stay here now and see the New Year in.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Hi. We were recommended this spot too, what is the price please, or is it a wild camp? Cheers

Hi. We were recommended this spot too, what is the price please, or is it a wild camp? Cheers

Hi.....It's a very large marina, and you have to pay. 10 euros per night or 13 if you need electric.

Good spot with supermarkets,pubs and restaurants all around.

Hi Bill, I’m arriving in Santander on the 9th, heading south. How long are you out there for? Would be great to meet up!

Hi Carol.....that's great news....would love to meet up with you.

Text or call me when you get down south.
I'll pm you my number.

Hopefully will be in Spain for the three kings.
I’ve heard it’s a good night, anyone know of a good place to go to?

Hopefully will be in Spain for the three kings.
I’ve heard it’s a good night, anyone know of a good place to go to?

How far south are you going..
Google El Roccio . Don't overnight there. Go down to the coast at Masacarenas .. about 3 miles south. You can overernight in the big carpark, by the bars. They celebrate on the 6th with an afternoon camel and scantily clad ladies parade,
El Roccio has a BIG celebration on the 5th, go early and tour the cowboy town.

Back to Quarteira for the third time in a month as I tootle up and down the Algarve coastline. This was my spot for Christmas week. Pooch happy to get a good, long walk on the beach every day.

0862-Quarteira-Portugal-22-Dec-2018.jpg

Last edited:
How far south are you going..
Google El Roccio . Don't overnight there. Go down to the coast at Masacarenas .. about 3 miles south. You can overernight in the big carpark, by the bars. They celebrate on the 6th with an afternoon camel and scantily clad ladies parade,
El Roccio has a BIG celebration on the 5th, go early and tour the cowboy town.

Fascinating place El Rocio.

Well worth a visit ...

What's the wildcamping situation like at Quarteira, Shaun?
Is it crowded?
Are the GNR moving vans on?

Is it crowded?

I stayed there last year - it was packed. A couple of days after I left they were all moved on. Bet the beach bar didn’t like it! Having said that I wouldn’t go in again ... they charged us about €10 for a couple of glasses of red! Might even have been more. 😱

I stayed there last year - it was packed. A couple of days after I left they were all moved on. Bet the beach bar didn’t like it! Having said that I wouldn’t go in again ... they charged us about €10 for a couple of glasses of red! Might even have been more.

Shocking, Carol !
Thanks for the warning. We've relatives staying there, self catering , soon.
I'll make sure the come an visit us up here.
10 € goes a long way in our greasy spoon cafe.
It'll buy wild boar casserole for both of us tonight.

Is it crowded?

Apparently everyone was moved on early December but Guns 'n' Roses as I call them have driven past a few times since and seem to be content with the situation. I arrived here mid December, stayed for a few days then came back for 6 days over Christmas. Spent a few days at the free aire at Ameixial and now I'm back at Quarteira again. I love it here, more importantly the pooch loves rolling around on the lovely beach. People come and go every day so there are always free spots available if you arrive by mid afternoon. There are a few people still here from my first stay. There is an aire near to the Lidl where you can pay 2E for disposal and water so people tend to go and see to the services and return an hour later. I'm off back west tomorrow to check out other spots that have been recommended to me but will definitely be back here, it's my favourite spot in 4 months on the road.

Route Map | Woolly Ramblers

Welcome to Paradise. Might be a bit parky of a night, but no rain expected.
Is it busy at Silves ?

We have woke to frost every morning since getting into France, it was dark when we got to silves last night, so parked up on a side street near to the castle,

Looks like you brought it with you.
Jenny tells me it was 4 degrees at Sun-up. Better now..12 in the shade 15 expected by 3pm.
Is that pink walled restaurant, opposite the castle, still offering a special motorhomers menu. They used to tuck a flyer under the windscreen wipers? Always great value and half the price that the tourists were paying at adjoining tables.

Looks like you brought it with you.
Jenny tells me it was 4 degrees at Sun-up. Better now..12 in the shade 15 expected by 3pm.
Is that pink walled restaurant, opposite the castle, still offering a special motorhomers menu. They used to tuck a flyer under the windscreen wipers? Always great value and half the price that the tourists were paying at adjoining tables.

Not had a flyer but will go and have a look especially if half price

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back