Spain/Portugal where are you?

Not had a flyer but will go and have a look especially if half price

We were last there, 5 years ago. We left the night before the tornado demolished the football stand, Overturned some motorhomes, killing a woman in the van that had been parked next to us.
The attitude towards motorhomers might have changed, since then. I believe the new Mayor is not as sympathetic, since the French vans flooded in.
What's it like now?

We were last there, 5 years ago. We left the night before the tornado demolished the football stand, Overturned some motorhomes, killing a woman in the van that had been parked next to us.
The attitude towards motorhomers might have changed, since then. I believe the new Mayor is not as sympathetic, since the French vans flooded in.
What's it like now?

The big car park at the rear of the castle has no motorhome parking signs at any time of day or night but we are now in a small aire opposite which is quite handy and well kept

The big car park at the rear of the castle has no motorhome parking signs at any time of day or night but we are now in a small aire opposite which is quite handy and well kept

Enjoy your stay. Have you time for the boat ride down to Portimao.. Depends on the tides.?
Sardines on the riverside, then take the service bus back to Silves.

Enjoy your stay. Have you time for the boat ride down to Portimao.. Depends on the tides.?

I don’t do boats if I can avoid them, that is the reason we always go on the tunnel

Sounds good will look into when next down there, thanks

Parked up for the night on the beach at Sanlucar de Barrameda

Have they still got water and a dump point? Have a nice cool glass of fino for me.
We would normally have been round that neck of the woods, at this time of the year, but expecting building work to start, soon.
Is it crowded?

I've just been chatting to a MHer who spent 3 nights at TOMAR.. the municipal campsite is officially closed, but they are allowing MHs to use it as a free aire. Just a dump point and access to a tap.
He said it was fairly empty, mainly Portuguese vans, the odd German, and remarkably few French ones.

Have they still got water and a dump point? Have a nice cool glass of fino for me.
We would normally have been round that neck of the woods, at this time of the year, but expecting building work to start, soon.
Is it crowded?

I've just been chatting to a MHer who spent 3 nights at TOMAR.. the municipal campsite is officially closed, but they are allowing MHs to use it as a free aire. Just a dump point and access to a tap.
He said it was fairly empty, mainly Portuguese vans, the odd German, and remarkably few French ones.

Very quiet here about 4 vans parked up here on the beach, we went to what used to be the free aire first but it is now closed to motorhomes as apparently it was getting abused with people using it like a campsite with awnings table and chairs out, also some staying for weeks and even months on end, and leaving rubbish behind.

Just had a couple of days at Gibraltar, we will be moving on later today to Estepona

Last edited:
The football ground car park is they now charge 5 euros collecting late afternoon. But as you look at the football ground sea behind you the road on the left is free you will see a few MH actually in the bowling club car park I believe this is free with a few beers purchased there ;) but look closely the road is a dead end you can park in.

Not for those of a nervous disposition.

IMG_20190113_172726.jpg

We're here..... Aguilas

Altea

At the moment in a car park at Altea, no services but ok for a night or two. Very close to the town. Going in tomorrow as there is a charity shop. Hopefully they will have books for sale!

At the moment in a car park at Altea, no services but ok for a night or two. Very close to the town. Going in tomorrow as there is a charity shop. Hopefully they will have books for sale!

Do you have address or GPS coordinates please

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back