Spain/Portugal where are you?

Just back from a 26 mile drive on the N270.
We only saw one Motorhome...And that was Portuguese.
Where are they all ?

Campsite till Tuesday. The. A few days just S of Lisbon and then heading to Porto for 21st February.

i
Is it any good? Planning to be there next month, some of the aiires or Parkings look a bit iffy, might have to resort to campsites

i
Is it any good? Planning to be there next month, some of the aiires or Parkings look a bit iffy, might have to resort to campsites

Some of the campsites may be closed.
Check out the POIs. . Generally, away from the big cities, Portugal is safe and welcoming.
Ask on here, for tips.

Autogas/ GLP at Quelfes East Algarve.

Has anyone topped up a calor bottle there, recently.?
Ages since we last did.

If you head a few miles south on N340 coast road there’s a Repsol garage on the right hand side of road (not the one on the left just outside Torrox). There’s a laundrette on forecourt as well. There’s also a lorry wash place so you can give mh a bit of a once over if you get into a bit of a sandstorm and need roofs/solar panels cleaning.
We usually make that garage one of our clean up days.

Last edited:
Just to warn anyone setting off soon...
CHECK THE WEATHER..
IT'S FLIPPING COLD DOWN HERE AND LOOKS TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT MONTH.
Dreaming of shorts and tee shirts 24/24.. ?
Dream on.. Bring some thermals.

Filling Calor Cylinders.

Good news.
We can confirm that the Autogas ..GPL, at Quelfes, North of Olhâo is happy to fill these.

" Cheap as chips ", say our delighted campervanners.

Last edited:
Warm

Weather is variable down here on the costas...sometimes jeans but also some t-shirt days as well Paul !!
Spose to be 19/20'C for next couple of days....you will have to come down from them there hills for some warmth LOL 😂. Maja

Apparently this was Tavira this morning... ?:scared:

Fake news or fact? Anyone??

50485336_2289761251261158_3847065892802265088_n.jpg

Know Tavira very well but don't recognise that roundabout.....sign looks a bit Photoshop to my technophobic unskilled eye. I look after a house 5km from there that has been in the same family for over 30 years and in that time there has never been a frost.
Lowest temp recorded on terrace at house in last 15 years is 3 degrees.
I stand to be corrected but doubt it's real.
Rodders...

Definitely a fake, I'm 50KM away the other side of Faro and it has been a little bit nippy in the evenings and early morning, to the extent that a jumper is required, but absolutely nothing like that pic!

attachment.php

Tavira.jpg

Nice one, Marie, you Minx.

We thought it was quiet in Tavira this morning... Hardly a motorhome to be seen.
They all must have seen that pic, if it was posted on other websites.. Maybe they have all fled to Morocco.
What is all that white stuff called? Remind me please.

Definitely Fake, there are no roundabouts with palm trees I can recall in Tavira but can assure has been no snow as long as I can remember (33 yrs.) just one year was a freak couple of flakes fell from the sky. Having said though it’s blooming chilly right now and I’m sure the locals would love to see snow like in the pic. !!

Wishful thinking, maybe? :) it’s beautiful in Nerja now the wind has dropped btw ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back