New rules limiting gatherings to 6

I am thoroughly sick to death with the latest nasty restrictions regarding all this Covid flu stuff .. (more panic overreaction)
Looks like my annual family and friends bonfire night do will now have to be binned because of the "6 people max" rule probably along with Christmas Day with my boys and grandkids .. GRRRRR :mad:
Anyway all is not lost.. we can at least enjoy a "virtual" bonfire night from a few years ago..
(saves me about a grand in fireworks this year though :))

I am thoroughly sick to death with the latest nasty restrictions regarding all this Covid flu stuff .. (more panic overreaction)
Looks like my annual family and friends bonfire night do will now have to be binned because of the "6 people max" rule probably along with Christmas Day with my boys and grandkids .. GRRRRR :mad:
Anyway all is not lost.. we can at least enjoy a "virtual" bonfire night from a few years ago..
(saves me about a grand in fireworks this year though :))

Wow, loved watching that Tim!

We always make a big thing of Bonfire Night and spend a fortune on fireworks (for the kids you understand) along with a feast of jacket spuds, mushy peas, hot dogs, burgers, soup etc. etc. We've been doing this for the last 30 years or so, even my dog likes fireworks!

We usually seat 11 for Christmas dinner and will be devastated to miss out on that this year.

It is interesting that Sweden, the only country in Europe that didn't impose lockdown, is about to be added to the list of safe countries to visit but France and Spain, which have had some of the most severe lockdown measures, are not. I don't believe in conspiracy theories, so it must just be a gigantic cock-up somewhere along the line :)

Wow, loved watching that Tim!

We always make a big thing of Bonfire Night and spend a fortune on fireworks (for the kids you understand) along with a feast of jacket spuds, mushy peas, hot dogs, burgers, soup etc. etc. We've been doing this for the last 30 years or so, even my dog likes fireworks!

We usually seat 11 for Christmas dinner and will be devastated to miss out on that this year.
Thanks Rob.. glad you enjoyed the display.. to be fair I love Bonfire Night a little bit more that Christmas.
Always have loved the smell and excitement of the fireworks. Childhood nostalgia. Like you I only buy the fireworks for the kids (he says lying) the food and soup and fellowship etc.. all good! If the stupid restriction is lifted prior I will continue with it.. otherwise I will have to bin it..
I can just imagine a snooping jealous neighbor reporting me to the gestapo police for having more than 6 folks in my garden.. the cops wouldn't have to look far to see where the fireworks were coming from after all :ROFLMAO:
lets all hope this crap all goes away..
As for Christmas I usually seat and cater for 10 .. I don't care if this nonsense persists.. they are all coming round here anyway
Matt (hand to cock) isn't ruining my Christmas with my family.. NO WAY!

Our surgerys are all closed,its ,you have to ph in and consultation is over the ph,other wise you have to go to a hospital,i was very unwell after xmas when i visited a hospital,now my lungs are shot,could i of had cov 19,tested last week and clear but there is no test as yet to tell if you did have it in the past.

There's a fair possibility you had covid, Trev. My friend was given the antibody test at the hospital just 2 weeks ago. She and her GP had to fight pretty hard to get it though. The time lapse between her being very ill in January and her getting an antibody test is about 8 months, so it's obvious there are unknowns/disagreements in the 'scientific community' about this very thing of testing to see if you've had it in the past?

Anyway, the test was positive. Yes, we know there are arguments raging all over about how accurate the antibody tests actually are, please don't go through them all again in this thread, thanks folks! 🙏

There are lots more people who appear to be long-term affected by covid than you might imagine. It's only actual deaths everyone seems to be obsessed about, but some of the after effects for survivors appear to be very real and potentially very life changing.

Last edited:
There are lots more people who appear to be long-term affected by covid than you might imagine. It's only actual deaths everyone seems to be obsessed about, but some of the after effects for survivors appear to be very real and potentially very life changing.
Yes, seems that most of the people who die were none too well in the first place, but a lot of people have survived with some long-lasting serious damage.
Possibly even permanent. It's too early to tell.
All we really know is that we don't know much, and the little good information out there is being twisted and misinterpreted for political ends

i was hospitalised 2 years ago with pneumonia took 3 months to fully recover , last christmas started on the same route diagnosed chest infection 27th of December breathing still not right 8 months on, so all the conspiracy theorists that say covid has been around a while have a believer,

If you look at the way we are mistreating the eco-systems on this wee planet of ours it is far from surprising that viruses like covid will start appearing more often.

If the purpose of a virus is to propagate itself and spread, then when we are decimating whole species to the brink of extinction it seems perfectly valid to me that we will see far more incidents of zoonoses, i.e. viruses trying to survive but running out of access to their 'normal' hosts.

Nature will always have the last word no matter how clever we think we are as the 'top species' :p

Here are the new rules from monday.
covid rules.png

So folks dying is not happening, get real
Not really the POSITIVE tests are just that and not illness the more they test the more false positive/negative they will find. PCR test finds segments of virus and it is not a screening test, but only a confirmation in those with a definite diagnosis, just to confirm it. They are using all the figures to make their case and cause more mayhem.
Those that are at risk are those that are vulnerable from having a weak immune system from deficiency of vitamin D3. there are many clinical trials that confirm this but it is studiously ignored by those that are in charge. The ones that are at risk are Black/ Fat/ Diabetic and the old who are kept indoors also those who never get into the sunshine with their skin exposed. Kids are not normally getting ill as they tend to be a lot more outside and not metabolically challenged. The odds of getting ill at the moment are in the millions to one. You need to look very closely at the lies put out by the BBC and media, because they are lies and the causation of grief and fear in the general public, who know little about it other than the media say.
It is a COUP and it is coming to a head again in November when it all kicks off properly.
Those that partake in the organisations might do well to remember that it is going to affect them as well and their families as well. It is worldwide and organised for 40+ years.
The virus is an ordinary coronavirus, same as Flu, and even the common cold, it opens the vulnerable to Cytokine storm which is the dangerous state. However, cutting your finger can lead to septicaemia and another cytokine storm can strike with exactly the same result. 1500 people on average die every day and the excess deaths from 'THE VIRUS' has not added many to that figure until all of those causes got moved around. The hospital system is grinding along trying to play catch up with tens of thousands of neglected patients on the various treatment pathways that were CANCELLED.
I had to go into ITU every day at work, and there always a load of ventilated critical cases, My Wife was a senior Sister in ITU
as well and she knows what is going on day in day out.
You might like to ask Lord Rothschild what his views are on the whole debacle, next time you see him.
Those of you that might want to troll me over this posting might like to ask at their next lodge meeting, what their policy is about it.

Last edited:
Not really the POSITIVE tests are just that and not illness the more they test the more false positive/negative they will find. PCR test finds segments of virus and it is not a screening test, but only a confirmation in those with a definite diagnosis, just to confirm it. They are using all the figures to make their case and cause more mayhem.
Those that are at risk are those that are vulnerable from having a weak immune system from deficiency of vitamin D3. there are many clinical trials that confirm this but it is studiously ignored by those that are in charge. The ones that are at risk are Black/ Fat/ Diabetic and the old who are kept indoors also those who never get into the sunshine with their skin exposed. Kids are not normally getting ill as they tend to be a lot more outside and not metabolically challenged. The odds of getting ill at the moment are in the millions to one. You need to look very closely at the lies put out by the BBC and media, because they are lies and the causation of grief and fear in the general public, who know little about it other than the media say.
It is a COUP and it is coming to a head again in November when it all kicks off properly.
Those that partake in the organisations might do well to remember that it is going to affect them as well and their families as well. It is worldwide and organised for 40+ years.
The virus is an ordinary coronavirus, same as Flu, and even the common cold, it opens the vulnerable to Cytokine storm which is the dangerous state. However, cutting your finger can lead to septicaemia and another cytokine storm can strike with exactly the same result. 1500 people on average die every day and the excess deaths from 'THE VIRUS' has not added many to that figure until all of those causes got moved around. The hospital system is grinding along trying to play catch up with tens of thousands of neglected patients on the various treatment pathways that were CANCELLED.
I had to go into ITU every day at work, and there always a load of ventilated critical cases, My Wife was a senior Sister in ITU
You might like to ask Lord Rothschild what his views are on the whole debacle, next time you see him.
Those of you that might want to troll me over this posting might like to ask at their next lodge meeting, what their policy is about it.
I'll get back to you in November then.

Hi GWAY,

I still properly read your posts and give them thought. The main reason I still can't get on board with your thinking is why 'they' would do it. Presently I see no political or economic gain and can't forecast any either. When looking at it from your viewpoint maybe I could argue it was a mass social experiment of population control but that's the best I can do, I would also counter that argument by saying that you could achieve that in a manner that didn't cost the government billions.

This has also been humiliating for China, what possible incentive could they have. They have complete social and political control within their borders and globally they are an economic giant. What will/has China gained other than being embarrassed?

Last edited:
A lot of the stuff Graham talks about makes sense to me (the health stuff), apart from the conspiracy side of things.
Who knows? Stranger things happen at sea...

If anyone watched the David Attenborough program last night I think that's a better explanation of why we are where we are in the world right now.

Hi GWAY,

I still properly read your posts and give them thought. The main reason I still can't get on board with your thinking is why 'they' would do it. Presently I see no political or economic gain and can't forecast any either. When looking at it from your viewpoint maybe I could argue it was a mass social experiment of population control but that's the best I can do, I would also counter that argument by saying that you could achieve that in a manner that didn't cost the government billions.

This has also been humiliating for China, what possible incentive could they have. They have complete social and political control within their borders and globally they are an economic giant. What will/has China gained other than being embarrassed?

I agree. Apart from the lack of obvious motive, my argument against conspiracy theories is that I don't believe there is enough collective wit or intelligence around to sustain such a conspiracy. Take a look at our current government, for example, who bumble from one crisis to another, can't agree amongst themselves and seem not to have any plan at all. How long do you think they could sustain a conspiracy? And it is the same with most organisations, business or otherwise, that I have had dealings with in my life.

I agree. Apart from the lack of obvious motive, my argument against conspiracy theories is that I don't believe there is enough collective wit or intelligence around to sustain such a conspiracy. Take a look at our current government, for example, who bumble from one crisis to another, can't agree amongst themselves and seem not to have any plan at all. How long do you think they could sustain a conspiracy? And it is the same with most organisations, business or otherwise, that I have had dealings with in my life.
Agreed. The ultimate conspiracy theory, the moon landing, it rightly had to be questioned and still is today by some because the gains were huge on the political platform and due to the cold war it was also a very internal affair to the US.

The programme 'mythbusters' finally convinced me that it genuine and I suppose the fact that the then superpower the USSR couldn't prove it was fake probably helped :LOL:

In terms of conspiracies, the only one I still cannot dismiss for sure is the 9/11 one and building collapses, especially the third one that collapsed seemingly all on its own without being hit by anything.

In terms of conspiracies, the only one I still cannot dismiss for sure is the 9/11 one and building collapses, especially the third one that collapsed seemingly all on its own without being hit by anything.

I don't know anything about engineering and I was unaware of a third building but it seems to me that if two large objects start to fall apart then the vibrations alone would undermine anything around.

.....and still continues not to add up

That event surely is propaganda gold for Trump to rally his nationalist rednecks and he doesn't use it, odd

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back