New rules limiting gatherings to 6

There dropping like flys here now,we are in a lockdown again,many here just dont bother with masks,no masks in any place of work from what i see except my bank and chemist shop,all pubs are full to the neck with no meals being served,police are powerless to do anything,many of them are of work .

They are still not sure of the long term effects of the covid and some that have had it are still struggling to get fit again according to reports - just have to learn to live with it and be cautious in closed enviroments

Very good friend of mine is seriously suffering with post-covid syndrome.

She has been since January this year and it is not pleasant at all. She's a workaholic and is totally fed up with it.
They are only just starting to get into looking at some of the physical after effects of covid.

She tells me she was recently given some sort of help line number to phone and the operator told her they have literally been dealing with thousands of calls from people who appear to be suffering long term from a whole variety of nasty after effects, the biggest one being effect on breathing ability.

I'm told it's causing potential problems with disability and PIP benefits too.
'Post-covid syndrome' is so new it's not recognised by their current systems (no surprise there though!).

I thought the idea of track and trace was if you had been in contact with a person who had tested positive then you too self isolate? If that’s the case then why has:
1) a police friend who spent all day in a car with a colleague who tested pos, being told to carry on working until he gets symptoms or tests pos himself?
2) A doctors surgery (who test ever 2 weeks), have a receptionist who tested positive, she had mixed (they don’t use masks) with other reception staff, yet only she has to self isolate?
Call me crazy but a doctors surgery is where the most vulnerable are being seen/need to go, yet they’re being put at risk by the very people who are supposed to be there to help them. Oh I forgot to mention - the doctors surgery have told staff to keep it all very hush hush, so before going to your doctors/dentists etc I would ask them if they have had any Covid cases on their staff, and then make a decision if you think it’s safe to be seen.

I thought the idea of track and trace was if you had been in contact with a person who had tested positive then you too self isolate? If that’s the case then why has:
1) a police friend who spent all day in a car with a colleague who tested pos, being told to carry on working until he gets symptoms or tests pos himself?
2) A doctors surgery (who test ever 2 weeks), have a receptionist who tested positive, she had mixed (they don’t use masks) with other reception staff, yet only she has to self isolate?
Call me crazy but a doctors surgery is where the most vulnerable are being seen/need to go, yet they’re being put at risk by the very people who are supposed to be there to help them. Oh I forgot to mention - the doctors surgery have told staff to keep it all very hush hush, so before going to your doctors/dentists etc I would ask them if they have had any Covid cases on their staff, and then make a decision if you think it’s safe to be seen.

Cynically not surprised to hear this at all. The whole world is insane right now and it is going to get even more so.

I think track and trace is currently a joke and I've stopped taking any notice of anything except what my own common sense is telling me.

It's very sad, but you just have to constantly be on your guard and keep doing the best you can for you and yours.

I thought the idea of track and trace was if you had been in contact with a person who had tested positive then you too self isolate?

Joe bloggs can't currently get tested without symptoms. So the only way to be safe is to have them isolate.

The people you speak of are key workers, who can be tested without symptoms. If they are not positive, then they can safely go back to work.

Joe bloggs can't currently get tested without symptoms. So the only way to be safe is to have them isolate.

The people you speak of are key workers, who can be tested without symptoms. If they are not positive, then they can safely go back to work.
How can you say ‘safely go back to work’? To my mind if you’ve been in close physical contact (and for many hours) with someone who has tested positive then you are no longer safe to mix with anybody especially vulnerable people. I know it’s not workable to have people self isolate under these circumstances, but to me it makes a mockery of the whole track and trace system, especially as the people that are then sent for a test have to travel many miles in some cases, and as it’s not compulsory don’t always bother.

I'm only explaining how the system works. If they've been tested negative, why isolate them?

Someone far more in the know than us has decided it's an acceptable risk, when people are getting regular tests.
Sorry if it sounded like I was having a pop at you, I wasn’t, just can’t get my head around what the government deem as ‘safe’ practice and what isn’t.

'Post-covid syndrome' is so new it's not recognised by their current systems (no surprise there though!).
Just read that this Covid that could give a horrible long term lifechanging effect for younger people.
A german teenager now has type 1 diabetes only 6 weeks after getting infected.
Scary stuff indeed! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lots of young people develop type 1 Diabetes, so one teenager getting it after having Covid 19 means nothing. It's just scaremongering.
Covid affects different people in different ways and the aftereffects of this are still being found out.
Most young people recover well but others have longer term debilitating effects.
You call it scaremongering - I call it a possible side effect warning that Covid is not a virus that for young people is simply mild.

Seems to me that new symptons keep appearing so doctors and scientists are still learning about the disease and if you want some sort of life still allowing for new rules and regulations coming in - think you just need to be aware of your surroundings and get on with life with whatever safety measures you feel comfortable with

You call it scaremongering - I call it a possible side effect warning that Covid is not a virus that for young people is simply mild.

One Swallow doesn't make a summer.

Until a direct link is proved it is just an unhappy coincidence, and to publish it at this time is scaremongering.
My sister in law developed type 1 Diabetes in her teens, she was diagnosed shortly after coming home from a holiday in Cyprus. Does this mean teenagers shouldn't go to Cyprus?

One Swallow doesn't make a summer.

Until a direct link is proved it is just an unhappy coincidence, and to publish it at this time is scaremongering.
My sister in law developed type 1 Diabetes in her teens, she was diagnosed shortly after coming home from a holiday in Cyprus. Does this mean teenagers shouldn't go to Cyprus?
I think it is best to wrap this up as we both have opposing views and neither will convince each other as to which view is valid.

Lets not wrap it up, lets talk about what has happened to me.
Whilst I wasn't tested at the time, both the hospital and doctor believe I had CV-19 in early April.
Quite out of the blue I have been diagnosed as 'pre-diabetic', after discussions with the doctor this makes no sense as other changes with my health should have meant less of a chance of this happening. I've been looking into this and there is the possibility that CV-19 has affected my pancreas.

I don't believe in the conspiracy very simply because government's globally are in agreement that there is a viral pandemic. East agreeing with West, communist, democracies and dictatorships, religious governments etc etc. Never before have they all sung from the same hymn sheet. Surely we would have had a 'whistle blower' by now

Our surgerys are all closed,,you have to ph in and consultation is over the ph,other wise you have to go to a hospital,i was very unwell after xmas when i visited a hospital,now my lungs are shot,could i of had cov 19,tested last week and clear but there is no test as yet to tell if you did have it in the past.

Last edited:
Lets not wrap it up, lets talk about what has happened to me.
Whilst I wasn't tested at the time, both the hospital and doctor believe I had CV-19 in early April.
Quite out of the blue I have been diagnosed as 'pre-diabetic', after discussions with the doctor this makes no sense as other changes with my health should have meant less of a chance of this happening. I've been looking into this and there is the possibility that CV-19 has affected my pancreas.
Sorry - My 'wrap it up' reference was in regard to my response to ending my discussion with Groyne as we had opposing views

I don't believe in the conspiracy very simply because government's globally are in agreement that there is a viral pandemic. East agreeing with West, communist, democracies and dictatorships, religious governments etc etc. Never before have they all sung from the same hymn sheet. Surely we would have had a 'whistle blower' by now

Thats the biggest clue it's a conspiracy though. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back