Jabs over 55 now...

I was born In December 1961 so have a Jab Appointment next Tues 16th so sometimes age helps BUT it would be great to be born in December 1966 and would be great to be 5 years younger but each year you young uns are catching us duffers up. ;) And my Mrs who was born 1955 had her 1st 3 weeks ago and I was in your shoes then awaiting my letter or text. Patience is all we need

1961.... Blimey did they still have gas lights back then ;-)

In all seriousness.... I'm happy to wait as I realise I'm pretty far down the list as a whole (even having pretty bad asthma)
I'm so anti social as a general rule that the lockdown felt Normal for me....
Just meant I could stay home and not answer the door rather than having to drive miles to a deserted spot to avoid folks.

Hopefully as, more and more folks get jabbed there will be enough folks resistant to the virus to keep the rate dropping even when the lockdown is lifted.

There really has been some incredible work done by lots of folks to get things moving as they have done.

I would note that the supply of vaccine is soon to increase, and more hubs are opening to deal with greater numbers needing first and second jab.

1961.... Blimey did they still have gas lights back then ;-)

In all seriousness.... I'm happy to wait as I realise I'm pretty far down the list as a whole (even having pretty bad asthma)
I'm so anti social as a general rule that the lockdown felt Normal for me....
Just meant I could stay home and not answer the door rather than having to drive miles to a deserted spot to avoid folks.

Hopefully as, more and more folks get jabbed there will be enough folks resistant to the virus to keep the rate dropping even when the lockdown is lifted.

There really has been some incredible work done by lots of folks to get things moving as they have done.

Mistericeman sorry to hear you suffer with asthma I realise how you must be suffering, and like yourself sadly my wife for a long time has suffered with panic attacks and nervousness so like yourself we dont go far at the moment and havent been far since October 2019 (in campervan) and Dont answer the door although luckily we have a short drive with a locked gate so have no need to let anyone in. I do encourage us out to go for a local walk when Swmbo can face it but this doesnt happen often at present due to the situation we are in countrywide.

Im with you on your comment above about the virus rate dropping and yes hope the Vaccine is the get out of jail card we sorely need only time will tell?

I would note that the supply of vaccine is soon to increase, and more hubs are opening to deal with greater numbers needing first and second jab.

Starting to get their act together now.

Last edited:
I think the 64 only came into it for vulnerable adults between 16-64... because the 65 and over group (vulnerable or not) had already been done. Here's the JCVI list from .gov...
  1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality[footnote 3]
  7. all those 60 years of age and over
  8. all those 55 years of age and over
  9. all those 50 years of age and over
No, that was the wording on the web site, nothing to do with vulnerability.

As it now says..............

Who can use this service
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 55 or over

Previously it has stated.
65 & over, then 64 & over then 60 & over, then 56 & over

Dunno i'm still waiting and i'm over 60 although got a spot now west sussex not going to brighton which was offered

If I booked my jab through the NHS link that was texted to me the nearest centre was about 13 miles away. So instead I booked it through the Swiftqueue website at my local centre just 3 miles away! It seems odd that these two booking platforms have such different availability.

Yes we are getting there . Over a third of 50-59 year olds vaccinated [in Scotland] now .
I'd like to think we could travel within Scotland [hopefully England and Wales too] sometime next month
[call me a cockeyed optimist]
They are? where did you see this info?

1615556980406.png
1615556980406.png

They are? where did you see this info?
Slow but steady increase at the moment , apparently supply to UK will get back to previous levels in next week or so . Think we will see pretty rapid progress through the age groups after that .
Optimistic but not checking levels or filling water tank quite yet

Statistics strike again. I bet that's CEV only.
Given our poor health statistics[!] you may be right . But 31% of 50-54 and 38% of 55-59 is quite a lot . Point is they have been vaccinated

Given our poor health statistics[!] you may be right . But 31% of 50-54 and 38% of 55-59 is quite a lot . Point is they have been vaccinated

The chart from Biggarmac shows probably still working on 65-69, definitely working on 60-64 so saying " Over a third of 50-59 year olds vaccinated [in Scotland] now " is misleading as it implies everyone over 59 is done, which doesn't appear to be the case.

The chart from Biggarmac shows probably still working on 65-69, definitely working on 60-64 so saying " Over a third of 50-59 year olds vaccinated [in Scotland] now " is misleading as it implies everyone over 59 is done, which doesn't appear to be the case.
I was responding to Biggarmac's post about over 50s being vaccinated in his area . Baffled as to how you think I implied anything apart from what I stated ?
What I actually wrote was 'Over a third of 50-59 year olds vaccinated [in Scotland] now'
Certainly not my intention to mislead . To avoid any possible confusion read below
96% of 65-69 , 46% of 60-64 vaccinated

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back