Jabs over 55 now...

Just got my invitation letter but it's for Hubs 20 plus miles away.Mrs had hers up the road 5 miles at community centre

If one doesn't rush to book at Hub will the local centre run by local Gp contact me?

On the day I got my letter my wife got a phone call from GP to book her appointment at the local vaccination centre, I waited over a week to see if the GP would ring me before booking my jab online at a vaccination centre just over 10 miles away, my local vaccination centre is 2 miles away.

Glasgow vaccines are dictated by the supply from the manufactures, the last few weeks the Astra Zeneca vaccine has been delayed because of a manufacturing problem. Not political just simply that. Vaccine availability will pick up again in the next few weeks. The people behind delivering this vaccine are bursting a gut to make it happen. If procedures fail at manufacturing there is nothing can be done. Hope this clarifies things .

Glasgow vaccines are dictated by the supply from the manufactures, the last few weeks the Astra Zeneca vaccine has been delayed because of a manufacturing problem. Not political just simply that. Vaccine availability will pick up again in the next few weeks. The people behind delivering this vaccine are bursting a gut to make it happen. If procedures fail at manufacturing there is nothing can be done. Hope this clarifies things .

What a miracle then that in England they are at least a month ahead, despite the vaccines being scrupulously shared equally between the four nations according to population. How good it would be to go online and get an appointment.
Edited to add that despite being vulnerable and still a while to a jab I’m still very grateful that the UK have progressed with vaccinations much quicker than virtually anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:
If one doesn't rush to book at Hub will the local centre run by local Gp contact me?
someone i know had invite letter \\\phoned for appt..they gave him one 20 odd miles away........i told him to call up and request local one...which he did ...the appt was then 19 march..........next day he either got a phone call from gp or a letter saying appt made at local hub for next day.........i would say call gp.

Ditto what Trixie says.

But I'm unsure about GP surgeries at the minute?

Some may not be giving first vaccines any more where areas have moved rapidly down the group/age lists, and vaccinations moved to hubs only, or at least as first offering?

Someone posted not so long ago that this was the case in their area, but can't remember who or which thread, so don't know whether this is true or not?
:unsure: 🤷‍♀️

I'm 9 weeks away from my second vaccine, that's if they give it bang on 12 weeks after the first. Who knows? 🤷‍♀️

Neil's mother is getting her second Pfizer vaccine 14 weeks after her first, sometime in April, but guessing that will be down to the fact that the second UK delivery of Pfizer wasn't due until April anyway. Guessing the first Pfizer vaccines have been used up now, or are still waiting to be used in whatever part of the country they were delivered to initially.

Last edited:
I have just this minute went back to ScotGov covid calculator. See below for detail for my age @ 64.

"This calculator estimates where you are in the queue to receive a Covid vaccine. It is based on the proportion of people vaccinated since December 8 - the government have vowed that all adults will be offered the first dose by July 31.
Updated to latest figures, including the additional people newly identified with multiple risk factors that make them more vulnerable to Covid-19
Given a vaccination average of 23,727 people a day, you should expect to receive your first dose between 04/04/2021 and 16/04/2021"

The above jab window date is same when I did an on-line check two week ago. So if there is a delay, Jean, why are dates the same? Bear in mind NHS Lothian are one of the worst for getting the vaccine out and into arms. Also, what are your credentials to justify the claims you make in your post?

What excuses do they trot out for such a miserable daily jab rate. Are they only doing it part time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back