Jabs over 55 now...

Yet 30+% of 60-64 year olds have already been vaccinated in Scotland as of 5th March?
Not a calculation actual vaccinations

Yet 30+% of 60-64 year olds have already been vaccinated in Scotland as of 5th March?
Not a calculation actual vaccinations

No problem with that, perhaps NHS or key workers. It’s the remaining population that are weeks behind other parts of the UK. If you care to look I have posted elsewhere a partial explanation, omitting any political elements.
Edited to add post #33.

No problem with that, perhaps NHS or key workers. It’s the remaining population that are weeks behind other parts of the UK. If you care to look I have posted elsewhere a partial explanation, omitting any political elements.
Edited to add post #33.
The article you quoted was 4 weeks old and the only stat they used was not up to date
30% of 60+ year olds are NHS workers ?
Seems unlikely
I'm quoting actual NHS figures and according to them Scotland has vaccinated a higher percentage .
I'm sure there are individual cases (such as , maybe , yours) where people have missed out Haven't seen any stats saying we are weeks behind .
What percentage of 60+ have been vaccinated in England , Wales ?

The article you quoted was 4 weeks old and the only stat they used was not up to date
30% of 60+ year olds are NHS workers ?
Seems unlikely
I'm quoting actual NHS figures and according to them Scotland has vaccinated a higher percentage .
I'm sure there are individual cases (such as , maybe , yours) where people have missed out Haven't seen any stats saying we are weeks behind .
What percentage of 60+ have been vaccinated in England , Wales ?

Any person over 60 in England can book a vaccination within days (as can anyone over 55). In Scotland the estimated date for a 61 year old is 12th to 30th April. Whatever statistics are drummed up this means that at present to get a jab in Scotland means being at least 6 weeks behind England, that is indisputable if unpalatable.
The article quoted in the earlier post was indeed written 4 weeks ago, but it’s explanation of the non political part of the problem mentioned is still equally applicable.

Any person over 60 in England can book a vaccination within days (as can anyone over 55). In Scotland the estimated date for a 61 year old is 12th to 30th April. Whatever statistics are drummed up this means that at present to get a jab in Scotland means being at least 6 weeks behind England, that is indisputable if unpalatable.
The article quoted in the earlier post was indeed written 4 weeks ago, but it’s explanation of the non political part of the problem mentioned is still equally applicable.
Here's the situation with our wider family, we have been proactive in ensuring we get jab ASAP, it will give an indication as to rest of England.
All 65+ and clinically vulnerable have had jab.
Right now 60+ are having jab.
56+ are all booked in, first one gets jab next week.

Reactions: 2cv
No, thread title says over 55.

Oddly someone must be monitoring this thread at the NHS and being an important Rock Star both our appointments came through this morning for next week!! Me Monday in Barnard Castle and Michelle Tuesday near Darlington.
rUcFndIoGheASCZbyvGb.gif

Oddly someone must be monitoring this thread at the NHS and being an important Rock Star both our appointments came through this morning for next week!! Me Monday in Barnard Castle and Michelle Tuesday near Darlington.
rUcFndIoGheASCZbyvGb.gif

Spooky, very glad to say that after contacting the helpline again Susie now has a jab booked. It’s 3 weeks away so still over a month behind England, but much better than the up to two months later originally forecast. This thread seems to work. 😁

Last warning...

Stop posting political, judgemental or blame post or I will ban Coronavirus completely again!

Figures in Scotland for 65-69 yearold is 96% vaccinated , 60-64 group 42% . Not drummed up , NHS source . I would emphasise these are the figures for those vaccinated not booking arrangements .
I think your 6 week figure is disputable as it appears to be based on an online calculator not actual vaccinations ? I know I did use one if these calculators for myself and it was out by 2 months
The article did explain what appears to be an extremely clumsy system . My point was re the date of the article was that the relative figures have changed dramatically since it was written . The only figure quoted in the article was , as I recall , already out of date at time of publication .
No idea what the comparable figures for other countries are ? Genuinely interested , even though not a race , it provides some local interest
I know , at present , the supply of vaccines to Britain are down at present but they are expected to be back up again soon .

Is it not good to hear from others from all over the UK their experiences, whether + or -. At least those of us of an age can learn from others, and we too, have information to move forward towards getting first jab?
Yes, but blaming political parties on this forum is not going to change anything, all it will do is cause negativity and fights. I understand members frustrations, I am frustrated too.

So I get a text message invitation for stabbing, I get home and a letter with the same offer. What they don’t say is what’s on offer. It seems there will be a note on the door stating what they’ll give you that day. So if they are not offering a uk made product I’ll book another day until I get what I want.

So I get a text message invitation for stabbing, I get home and a letter with the same offer. What they don’t say is what’s on offer. It seems there will be a note on the door stating what they’ll give you that day. So if they are not offering a uk made product I’ll book another day until I get what I want.

It *might* be safe to assume the local GP's is Oxford, the big hubs AZ.

Sweeping generalisation but, better than nothing lol

AZ has less side effects I recon

I hope this is a joke.

It *might* be safe to assume the local GP's is Oxford, the big hubs AZ.

Sweeping generalisation but, better than nothing lol

AZ has less side effects I recon
Ummm.... That vaccine is Oxford/Astra-Zeneca . Called that as it was a collaboration. "Oxford/Astra-Zeneca" is one vaccine, it is not 2 vaccines - "Oxford" OR "Astra-Zeneca"

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back