Is it worth becoming a Full Member?

Not a regular contributor but pop in every now and then for a read. Joined before last summer with a view to using over the summer. This didn’t work out because of family health issues. Now this summer hit by virus. Never mind. Could be worse. Still alive and kicking. Point is to me is keep up the membership if you can afford to. Keep sites like this running both for the info and the camaraderie. Camping will be back. Steve

I know I am tempting fate here but.....

Do you feel that you get good value for the 39p per week?
Have you saved money on your insurance from AIB?
Have you used the discount from GAS IT or Johns Cross?
Do you feel happier supporting the the community and helping pay the running costs?
Are you happy with the support you get from me?

Please only respond if you are a Full Member.

And please try and keep this thread serious, there is a place for banter and comedy. (this is not it)
Any posts that are off topic and do not directly relate to the questions above will be deleted without notice.
Yes, we've learnt so much over the years from this site.😊

Do you feel happier supporting the the community and helping pay the running costs?

And please try and keep this thread serious, there is a place for banter and comedy. (this is not it)
Any posts that are off topic and do not directly relate to the questions above will be deleted without notice.
Hi Phil can you tell me how to renew my membership as it was taken automatically before cheers Big Al.

I, for one, would carry on my membership even if we are not allowed out by renewal time. Trying to keep on doing as many " normal" things, and the support and laughs from the forums, make it one of my important luxuries.

It‘s important that we support this site, and other organisations during this crisis.
We want them still to be here when it’s finished.
And don’t forget, at this time of year wild camping would have been welcoming new members, I doubt if there will be many of them this year. I will be paying my C&M and my C&C memberships also.

Worth the fee and double I’d say. Over my 9 year membership I have holidayed in France every year for a few weeks and have always found our stops on the PoI. The occasional ones have been a paid aire but 95% have been free. On top of that we go away for a week every month and always use the POI here in UK. I have never added up what it has saved me but it’s a huge amount. I have used the discounts available too. Most most important of all of that is the technical information I have been given. The information given to me on here gave me the confidence to go to the workshop who were supposed to be repairing my MH and demand my money back £200 which I got.

Hi mate.i joined this site years ago and ymthis says member since 2020..its a great site and community

In all honesty, I’m not sure it is. I feel it’s quite expensive for what you get. There are other free forums out there to get advice & have that community feel. As for the other bug plus, the poi download I really find it very ‘clunky’ & hard work. There is very little info available when I look for it & tonight many are returning poi not found. I cannot see that I could use it as a stand-alone app (or map) whereas for a small fee other good apps are available. Also AIG refused to give me any discount for site membership though I don’t hold the site to blame for this, but maybe the claim should not be made?

In all honesty, I’m not sure it is. I feel it’s quite expensive for what you get. There are other free forums out there to get advice & have that community feel. As for the other bug plus, the poi download I really find it very ‘clunky’ & hard work. There is very little info available when I look for it & tonight many are returning poi not found. I cannot see that I could use it as a stand-alone app (or map) whereas for a small fee other good apps are available. Also AIG refused to give me any discount for site membership though I don’t hold the site to blame for this, but maybe the claim should not be made?
Hello,
First let me say that for your membership fee you get access to three forums, a staff maintained poi database, a membership pack including vehicle stickers, discounts, monthly raffles, rallies on Motorhomer.com and raffles on Motorhomer.com. No other service offers this. The yearly fee is less that the cost of a meal out.

I agree that the app is outdated but a replacement service is due to be released before the end of this month.

I have had no reports of POI not found in the apps, I know that Google Street View has some issues if we try to look at a place that they have not been. This issue has been solved in the new app.

I am surprised that AIB refused to insure you. AIB only insure Motorhomes that are club members, so they only quote policies with the 15% club discount. Sometimes members then ask to have a new price with the 15% discount applied again, but it is already applied. I know that this is correct as I have to supply the letters to the insurers proving the membership so that member can have the discount.

Finally, I lowered the standard membership fee from £24.95 to £19.75 to make it even better value.

Definitely yes,

We have just come back from a few days wild camping, we used the online map to find locations and it was spot on. So on that note, just being able to use the online map and all the other benefits, it is definitely worth the money.

Well done Philip, and the other members of the admin team. Keep up the great work, but make sure you have time to enjoy yourselves as well.

Yes yes yes.
Fell off the wagon for a year and missed it terribly, aside from the poi's it is a mine of advice from people with a passion and not people with profit in mind

Only been here a Dog Watch (short time) but all of that in lockdown but feel good so far. Hoping to get back up Scotland again to do the North Coast 500 we did anti clockwise fm Inverness this time clockwise same friendly stops but a totally different view from drivers view. This looks better value than CCC or CAMC CC acsii.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back