Is it worth becoming a Full Member?

On my second MH, the first one was an old dog, but I got a newer one and just signed up to full membership, downloaded the map with the POI and its all I could ask for and more, Brilliant. ;)

On my second MH, the first one was an old dog, but I got a newer one and just signed up to full membership, downloaded the map with the POI and its all I could ask for and more, Brilliant. ;)

Nice 1 :welcome: now get out there :drive: and enjoy :wave:

Full membership paid for itself in one trip - I toured the north west of Scotland for 5 days and only stayed on Wild Camping spots highlighted by other members. Prior to that I was paying for 2 annual memberships of the two main caravan and camping clubs and then paying premium rates to use their sites - with the fear of being moved on because i have an excited spaniel pup who is not very well behaved (although I am working on that). I love travelling with the Sat Nav on and spotting places other people have camped at and finding new places to camp. I have also started to contribute to the forum and had some good suggestions for making my travelling more comfortable (drink holders) advice on fixing a problem (broken cupboard catches) and the building anticipation of joining up on a meet later this year.

I have not used GAS IT or John Cross and my insurance was cheaper with my existing company.

Admin support when requested has always been good and quick to respond.

Keep up the good work

I know I am tempting fate here but.....

Is it worth becoming a Full Member?
Do you feel that you get good value for the 39p per week?
Have you saved money on your insurance from AIB?
Have you used the discount from GAS IT or Johns Cross?
Do you feel happier supporting the the community and helping pay the running costs?
Are you happy with the support you get from me?

Please only respond if you are a Full Member.

And please try and keep this thread serious, there is a place for banter and comedy. (this is not it)
Any posts that are off topic and do not directly relate to the questions above will be deleted without notice.

Worth every penny

Found out about site through best buddies that we go away with and although we could have used shared info we joined as full members immediately to support a fabulous community. POIs are worth the membership alone and we think it is really well run.Thanks to you all

First and foremost,the people I've met are great,help abso brilliant,banter most of the time superb,all for under 40p!
I am still a member of the bongo fury forum and there were and are great members on it but I have to confess I'm very surprised how great this forum is!.ive been to meets and everybody very friendly,I experianced a battery failure and Mitch without a thought gave me a battery for the weekend.i have seen others doing good deeds,just this weekend I'm getting a help from tezza33 regarding my solar regulator,he is even doing the phone call.we are heading to Orkney ,getting discount crossings due to member Brandyman (thanks merv).
Even at meetings we have had admin attending albeit a long journey for him,I know others travel far also but from other forum/clubs I've seen admins not attending,this is very refreshing to see and experiance indeed and makes putting in to help others worthwhile,
Two years back we met iampatman in France and have remained friends on this site ever since.
In my opinion in this day and age I cannot say thanks enough to all of you who are on this forum.lets hope it keeps going the way admin are shaping it up and thank you for their hard work with us muppets pushing their buttons.
Great value and great friends

Last edited:
well worth every penny lots of useful information good banter great to be in touch with others in the m/h community on top of all that poi`s by the thousands

The very first thing i did (after saying hello) was to become a full member. Great knowledge to be had and hopefully i can submit info too. ;)

Defo

Only been a member a short time after meeting & talking to a member Braveheart,living in our van the POI has been a God send to us,so thank you Braveheart for pointing us to this site.We have not used any offers of yet or not met any other members, but hope to do in the future.

It certainly is worth it but only if you use what is on offer. It has saved me not only money but a great deal of stress when it comes to finding a place to park up for the night, I find it absolutely brilliant whether I am in Inverness or Cornwall there is always somewhere to spend a night.

Apologies if it's a daft question but I'm not a techie. Strictly a map man until I ordered a SatNav the other day.
Am I right in thinking when you become a full member you get POI info that you download to your laptop and then from your laptop to Sat Nav ?

Apologies if it's a daft question but I'm not a techie. Strictly a map man until I ordered a SatNav the other day.
Am I right in thinking when you become a full member you get POI info that you download to your laptop and then from your laptop to Sat Nav ?

If you have a compatible Sat Nav, Yes

Richard

If it is one of the many that will accept 3rd party POIs you will be able to. Plenty of help & advice on here.

This was the major selling point for me! :)

I love the fact that it's regularly updated too!

It is deffo worth being a member....

And I say this for the use of the POI's alone which allows us to fill with water and empty the other essentials when out and about. Have not used any of the discounts available at present or joined in a meet.

However I must thank all of the admin team and those who contribute to this amazing MH community, from recipes to tech assistance it all adds to a wealth of info for all.

Thank you

Barnyb:lol-049:

Subscription

I've just joined again for my 2nd year.. Done a Scottish tour last year and Welsh one this year and used the POI. Some not so good but some were fab.

It's a no brainer. Just 1 or 2 nights Wild Camping and you have recovered the annual fee. But it is not only the POI's that provides value. The wealth of experience that exists whether you have a technical, mechanical or travel question there is always someone willing to help. We are going to Scotland for 7 days only in a week or so. Last night I posted a question on where to go and what to see because of short duration of trip etc and by teatime today I have received 19 responses all with good points to consider. The kind of info provided is invaluable as it is based on people's experience of doing like things.

It's a no brainer. Just 1 or 2 nights Wild Camping and you have recovered the annual fee.

So true, I had two nights last weekend, one in the Forest of Dean and one in Wales, so I more than saved my membership fee :D Both stops were found using the Wild Camping POIs on my Garmin, I have also had some great help from other members. So the answer to the original question is YES!

Regards,
Del

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back