Is it worth becoming a Full Member?

Yep,

I've just joined myself this week, no probs with the fee, these things don't run themselves, works out about 4 or 5 pints round here, for the year, not even half a good night out! I will be making full use of the poi once van finished, and meanwhile I ain't got a problem with buying the man a pint every three months for providing what everyone seems to agree is the best motor home forum around, keep up the good work, ignore those who think you should do it for nowt, or worse still, pay for it all yourself

Happy

I am yet to use any of the options as Harry [HRE xxxV] is coming to the refit stage of its overhaul, having just received an uprated [70+A alternator] and is now mechanically A1. Internally, it is now dry, all leaks stopped [I think] and the shower unit needs to be finished.

I have been reading the site and have found it has just the right balance of info, banter, etc to be a light, useful and pleasant read.
Please keep it up.
We look forward to meeting others soon.
Pete

Yes, Really useful site, well administered, good vfm, pooling of information and experience

Rob H.

becoming a full member does it open up more places in my iphone app ?
many thanks

yes all ready saved the cost on a handy tip in one of the threads :dance:
willdbill

Newish member

I know I am tempting fate here but.....

Is it worth becoming a Full Member?
Do you feel that you get good value for the 39p per week?
Have you saved money on your insurance from AIB?
Have you used the discount from GAS IT or Johns Cross?
Do you feel happier supporting the the community and helping pay the running costs?
Are you happy with the support you get from me?

Please only respond if you are a Full Member.

And please try and keep this thread serious, there is a place for banter and comedy. (this is not it)
Any posts that are off topic and do not directly relate to the questions above will be deleted without notice.
Hi I'm glad I joined the things I've learned just listening and finding out how other people resolve problems.
I've not had much time to use van this year so far but went to meet at kirby Lonsdale it cost 25 quit for four nights so membership covered with my first trip. Olson met some great wild campers. Can't wait to get to more . Cheers

Is it worth becoming a full member

This is our first year as full members and have wild camped on numerous occasions, more than getting our subscription fee back.
Although we haven't used any of the members offers yet, we have downloaded the POI onto both the iPad and sat nav. That means we can sit in the comfort of our home and plan where we are going to camp, including seeing it in the flesh, as it were, on street view. Then, when we are travelling and get close to the spot, we programme it into the sat nav and it directs us straight there.
We have found some wonderful, secluded spots with brilliant views, especially in Scotland.
I would say it was worth it if just for the POI info.
PS I also like to read the forum comments - some people could get into an argument if they were the only ones on a desert island and others have fun winding them up. 😊

This site apart from being just excellent has saved us a fortune. How?

well apart from the excellent POI set and now the water points which to our minds are even more important... is the savings we have made on insurance which we found via the site.

We not only insure the vehicle but 7 properties as well and they have been very good insurers, cost effective and efficient.

This is a truly excellent forum and many thanks from us to MR Admin, an outstanding individual in our view.

We would thoroughly recommend the modest annual fee as a very good investment.

PW

This site apart from being just excellent has saved us a fortune. How?

well apart from the excellent POI set and now the water points which to our minds are even more important... is the savings we have made on insurance which we found via the site.

We not only insure the vehicle but 7 properties as well and they have been very good insurers, cost effective and efficient.

This is a truly excellent forum and many thanks from us to MR Admin, an outstanding individual in our view.

We would thoroughly recommend the modest annual fee as a very good investment.

PW

The Saving I made form AIB would cover membership for the next 35 years !!! ( don't tell Phil and give him strange ideas :eek:) plus I wouldnt inflict myself upon you lot for that long.....thats if i make it to 87 !!!:drive:

Channa

the great debate

I opened a thread titled "self defeating" and was in exactly same mind set as yourself, not regarding the cost so much as the ethics of promoting some free spots to the extent that they will cause local opposition and overnighting would then be banned.

The response to my dilemma from other members was quite refreshing, always bearing in mind the old 80/20 rule in any organisation. Anyway the upshot is I have sent away my full membership fee and will see how it goes. Bear in mind the fee for seven weeks is the price of a cup of coffee these days.....

Old thread I know, but i love this forum. I haven't used any of the POI's or any of the discounts yet, but I have learned so much reading the posts so much from the full members.

Neil

I opened a thread titled "self defeating" and was in exactly same mind set as yourself, not regarding the cost so much as the ethics of promoting some free spots to the extent that they will cause local opposition and overnighting would then be banned.

The response to my dilemma from other members was quite refreshing, always bearing in mind the old 80/20 rule in any organisation. Anyway the upshot is I have sent away my full membership fee and will see how it goes. Bear in mind the fee for seven weeks is the price of a cup of coffee these days.....

You need to come to Ossett market. You could get 2 from us for that price. :have fun:

Worth the price just for the entertainment!

Not used the discounts yet (not been a member long enough) but the knowledge sharing, banter and POI stuff is worth it on its own.

Probably worth it just for the Gas it discount code.....if only I knew how to get it!

Can anybody PM me with it?

Just spent three weeks wilding around Cornwall and Devon with the help of the POI set and app.
We spent two nights on campsites in 18 days.
The locations were fantastic and perfect for us.
Must have saved £200 in site fees.
Thanks.

Yes its a no brainer !

Been a full member for one week !
Very pleased,used a Wild Site close to Chirk on Saturday night.
Will contribute as much as we can after all it's good to put in as much as you take out !
Keep up the good work guys !! :heart::dog:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back