Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

If you are wrong civilisation may break down, Nuclear warfare may ensue, millions maybe even billions will die from starvation.
I do agree however that we are small fry with China contributing 29% and rising against our 1%. Our levels have fallen by 38% since 1990.
It's also important to remember that those figures are of the man-made greenhouse gases rather than natural, the man-made element is around 3.87% 29 Gtons as opposed to the natural element which is estimated at 750 Gtons - so a smallish percentage shift of say 5% could mean curtains for us.

anyone got any reliable polar ice data, bearing in mind that the uss skate managed to surface at the north pole in about 1960. and again with another submarine some 2 years later

Yes, my sister is the same, shes in a farmhouse and uses her motorhome connector (commando socket) to charge hers. She had similar issues when she needed petrol as shes miles away from the nearest petrol station too. Good point about the flats esp high rise.

As for anyone else using it, you trip the switch when not in use.
I look at it like this, back when petrol powered motors started to become common place, I suspect these same questions where asked, how do I get to fill it up, the only fuel stations are x y or z,

Ive just had some bad news about a friend of mine on the south coast and will be going to his funeral soon, Ill see how this all stacks up on a 300 mile run. (which will be rare for me)
Commando ,does that mean charging with no underpants worn. :unsure: 😂 😂 😂

After killing the IC engine the next plan is to ban gas heating in homes starting with new builds in 20025

Last edited:
95% of a lithium battery is recycled,it's been going on for over 20 years apparently...
Fully Charged podcast for those that are interested.

Yes, my sister is the same, shes in a farmhouse and uses her motorhome connector (commando socket) to charge hers. She had similar issues when she needed petrol as shes miles away from the nearest petrol station too. Good point about the flats esp high rise.

As for anyone else using it, you trip the switch when not in use.
I look at it like this, back when petrol powered motors started to become common place, I suspect these same questions where asked, how do I get to fill it up, the only fuel stations are x y or z,

Ive just had some bad news about a friend of mine on the south coast and will be going to his funeral soon, Ill see how this all stacks up on a 300 mile run. (which will be rare for me)

Just did a 300 mile run today (Aberdeen to Preston) in the model X in the most appalling conditions - very strong winds and really heavy snow plus a closed M74. Just to be safe I made 2 charging stops of 15 minutes each but probably could have got away with one. Really pleased with how the Tesla coped.

Just did a 300 mile run today (Aberdeen to Preston) in the model X in the most appalling conditions - very strong winds and really heavy snow plus a closed M74. Just to be safe I made 2 charging stops of 15 minutes each but probably could have got away with one. Really pleased with how the Tesla coped.
What kind of heater do EVs have? kind of curious - obviously electric but what kind?

What kind of heater do EVs have? kind of curious - obviously electric but what kind?
Don’t know to be honest but very effective!
All I know is that if I turn the car heaters on at home while the vehicle is plugged in they take around 2kw of power.

Just looked it up - it’s a resistance heater, but I am no further forward in my knowledge than that!!!!

I found during a business trip to Duns using our BMW i3 fleet car not long after the Beast from the East storm, and still very cold, miles dropped off when I applied heater, then I found the bum warmer (heated seats) used that instead of the norm as we know it. Less miles dropping off.

EV's are a learning curve.
Yeah I see this recommended on Tesla forums aswell.

Seat heaters aren’t really a substitute though, extremities get cold. If I was spending as much as some of these cars I would expect a minimum of full climate. I get that in my much, much cheaper petrol car along with heated seats, heated steering wheel, mirrors etc. Etc.

I think including hybrid cars in the ban was a mistake, they weren’t in initially and manufacturers will have developed them as can be seen by some new hybrids. We are still building houses without solar and living walls/roofs being compulsory. Our city’s are way behind a lot of the USA ones. The governments is going for easy targets thinking motorists can’t fight back and in the U.K. they are probably right.
Let them ban everything except electric in London and see what happens, spineless politicians. We do need change but they are point scoring instead of doing things meaningful. Oh yes, it will probably costs money though, maybe why Joe Bloggs doesn’t want to lose their vehicle. Current ev’s are not the solution, electric motors driven by a fuel source or power cell are much better option. Does anyone expect the government to chose or do the right thing though?

I was advised that if you have the energy use it!! (Not sure if they were referring to the EV though!). Unless I know that I am going to be pushed for range I always have the car heater on as I find this much more comfortable than just the bum warmers. Sometimes as a special treat I also switch the steering wheel heater on as well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back