Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

Dont beleave a word google spymaster says. 😂switch to the duck.(y)

Which returns the same results, the copper mine (copper is used for many things) was used as a fake comparison with shale/sand mining in Canada in a stupid attempt by climate deniers to make it seem Lithium mining was much worse than shale mining which is quite obviously not correct.
p.s. Twofaced Trudeau likes to promote Canada as environmentally friendly when the facts are they operate the worlds largest commercial operation in Alberta which is the worlds worst for environmental damage.

Last edited:
Is this a Lithium mine :unsure:😅

WA-lithium.png

Modern limestone quarries in the UK look similar to those mines although not as many levels to them, most things used are extracted from somewhere.

I was surprised recently to find that the big wind turbines are also a problem, I have always liked them and thought they were a great idea. https://www.energyvoice.com/otheren...be-recycled-so-theyre-piling-up-in-landfills/
Billions of people trying to move 100s of billions of miles, keep themselves warm and enjoy the latest gadgets, is never going to be environmentally friendly.

"New petrol and diesel cars banned from 2035. A ban on selling new petrol and diesel cars will be brought forward by five years to improve air quality, the prime minister will announce today. Boris Johnson will say that the sale of new combustion engine cars and vans will end in 2035 rather than 2040."

Don't panic, don't panic, no mention of MH's or vans or lorries.

That's alright then? :unsure:
Also no mention of hydrogen or LPG powered internal combustion engines. They may take over where battery power won't do.

Tax has a great affect, as witnessed by the shift to deisel when the gov brought in tax based on co2 output.
There was good reason to switch to diesel: much more efficient and they cause less climate change. However, diesels can put out some pollutants, and they do because car makers made cars to pass the spec, not to be clean in real-world conditions.
That's because the specs were badly written, and because there are no NOX tests in MOTs because the equipment would cost too much.

Interesting article Rob, vertainly squashes some of

Does it have the supercharged enabled mode? 0-60 in 2.5 seconds is pants changingly fast. If money was no object it would be a Tesla for me too, I love the styling, the speed and the price is a lot less than some super fast sports car.
A four year old, 39k on clock, supercharged Tesla currently on Ebay for £50k. Now, what's all this crowd funding malarkey about? ;)
I think they are too bulky, too flashy, too unreliable, too expensive to insure, too difficult to get spares for and much too complicated. And very expensive. Something between a Leaf and a Tesla might suit. I wonder what Mercedes will offer?

I think they are too bulky, too flashy, too unreliable, too expensive to insure, too difficult to get spares for and much too complicated. And very expensive. Something between a Leaf and a Tesla might suit. I wonder what Mercedes will offer?

Here you are.

259 miles quoted.

I wonder if that's nearer 150 in the winter. That would be only 75 miles each way (approx).

Well saw the new electric Porsche on tv last night and I wasn’t one. Only 4 recharging points in the U.K. may have been a problem had I a spare £120,000. Looked truly excellent though 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back