Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

Like others in my mind the jury is out, but I would certainly err on the side of caution.

President trump has already been dismissed as some lunatic which overall maybe true,but when he wouldn’t sign the Paris accord , it was one sided reporting.in that he wasn’t bothered and sticking two fingers up at the world.

The USA is addressing climate change but are approaching the matter from a diffent angle. At Paris one of the major topics was animal flatulance causing global warming and subsequently there has been a big shift to move away from meat as part of our diet

What Trump actually did rather than put a significant industry at risk was concentrate on the feed namely grazing grass. There is a significant attempt in the Us to genetically modify the grass that they graze thus protecting an industry and the thousand of jobs.. that is what happened but rare you read reports

Of course genetic modification of food stuffs is controversial but in essence no different to other vegetation where the yield is maximised.

So which ever side you bat ,all is not what it seems

There are no such difficulties in forming factual evidence on global warming. I think some may disagree with that.

Astronomy is not a perfect science. Nor the science around global warming, otherwise all scientist would agree.

I could go on. Please don't.

Please don't what exactly.?

There is no difficulty whatsoever in determining that CO2, methane, and water vapour create Global warming. They have been doing so for billions of years.
if you don’t agree with that you are not in touch with reality.
What is up for debate is not that CO2 has effects on our climate, what are up for debate is to what extent it will effect our climate, and at what levels, and who or what is responsible.

No science is perfect, but that is no reason to simply dismiss what scientists say on any given subject. But comparing an astronomical theory such as how planetesimals
form into larger bodies with global warming is completely misleading. One being theoretical and the other being factual. CO2 does affect our climate, fact. planetesimals may have formed into larger bodies by colliding, was merely a theory or educated guess.

But if you are 100% sure that global warming is a farce, put out by scientists who don’t know what they are talking about because they get things wrong sometimes, so be it.

Is the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change actually the "Ministry of Science" from Orwell's 1984.

Is the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change actually the "Ministry of Science" from Orwell's 1984.

From Wiki.
The IPCC does not carry out original research, nor does it monitor climate or related phenomena itself. Rather, it assesses published literature, including peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed sources.[9] However, the IPCC can be said to stimulate research in climate science. Chapters of IPCC reports often close with sections on limitations and knowledge or research gaps, and the announcement of an IPCC special report can catalyse research activity in that area.

Like others in my mind the jury is out, but I would certainly err on the side of caution.

President trump has already been dismissed as some lunatic which overall maybe true,but when he wouldn’t sign the Paris accord , it was one sided reporting.in that he wasn’t bothered and sticking two fingers up at the world.

The USA is addressing climate change but are approaching the matter from a diffent angle. At Paris one of the major topics was animal flatulance causing global warming and subsequently there has been a big shift to move away from meat as part of our diet

What Trump actually did rather than put a significant industry at risk was concentrate on the feed namely grazing grass. There is a significant attempt in the Us to genetically modify the grass that they graze thus protecting an industry and the thousand of jobs.. that is what happened but rare you read reports

Of course genetic modification of food stuffs is controversial but in essence no different to other vegetation where the yield is maximised.

So which ever side you bat ,all is not what it seems

Me to Andrew the jury is out.
I only hope the jury get it right, because if they don’t the consequences will be awful.
I have a simple theory about Trump, if he says black I say white.

Please don't what exactly.?

There is no difficulty whatsoever in determining that CO2, methane, and water vapour create Global warming. They have been doing so for billions of years.
if you don’t agree with that you are not in touch with reality.
What is up for debate is not that CO2 has effects on our climate, what are up for debate is to what extent it will effect our climate, and at what levels, and who or what is responsible.

No science is perfect, but that is no reason to simply dismiss what scientists say on any given subject. But comparing an astronomical theory such as how planetesimals
form into larger bodies with global warming is completely misleading. One being theoretical and the other being factual. CO2 does affect our climate, fact. planetesimals may have formed into larger bodies by colliding, was merely a theory or educated guess.

But if you are 100% sure that global warming is a farce, put out by scientists who don’t know what they are talking about because they get things wrong sometimes, so be it.

No, I don't think global warming is a farce, it has been happening throughout millennia. It is the fear mongering that is a farce.
Watch the clips that Fazerloz has posted, they pretty much mirror my thoughts on global warming - and they explain my thoughts on it far better than I can!

Extinction Rebellion and that Scandi school kid Grotty Thumbscrew, or whatever her name is, are manna from heaven for the governments that wish to further control our everyday lives.

If you feel impending doom is upon us then I feel sorry for you, I really do.

No, I don't think global warming is a farce, it has been happening throughout millennia. It is the fear mongering that is a farce.
Watch the clips that Fazerloz has posted, they pretty much mirror my thoughts on global warming - and they explain my thoughts on it far better than I can!

Extinction Rebellion and that Scandi school kid Grotty Thumbscrew, or whatever her name is, are manna from heaven for the governments that wish to further control our everyday lives.

Sorry but please show me where I stated impending doom is upon us, or that I am even 100% behind the argument for global warming.
As for feeling sorry for me, how patronising is that.
I have no time for extinction rebellion, and as for the kid who should get on with her education, well least said the better.
My opinion is open minded, but I do tend to think that scientists MAY be right.
But what I am not prepared to do is simply ignore warnings coming from many corners.
Because if the scientists are right, and you are wrong.

i don't think many will watch the clips as they are entrenched in their beliefs, it has been likened to a religion. Also nobody likes to think there is a possibility they might have been duped.

Sorry but please show me where I stated impending doom is upon us, or that I am even 100% behind the argument for global warming.
I have no time for extinction rebellion, and as for the kid who should get on with her education, well least said the better.
My opinion is open minded, but I do tend to think that scientists MAY be right.
But what I am not prepared to do is simply ignore warnings coming from many corners.

Well your posts on this subject are hardly full of the joys of Spring are they?
Patronising no, just concern that people buy into what is just hypothesis at best.
We will most likely never know.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this I guess.

No doubt you think the earth is round too? ;)

No matter where individuals stand on the issue, without a doubt the fear mongering alone has conjured up the biggest gravy train that ever left a station!

Sorry but please show me where I stated impending doom is upon us,

Would this count as fairly impending.
From your post #157
You state that doing nothing is an option, then you have to be 100% certain that you are right, I am not 100% certain I am right. Because if you are wrong, we are doomed.

Well your posts on this subject are hardly full of the joys of Spring are they?
Patronising no, just concern that people buy into what is just hypothesis at best.
We will most likely never know.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this I guess.

No doubt you think the earth is round too? ;)

Sorry I was not aware that my posts were to be filled with the joys of spring.
I thought this was a serious topic, worthy of serious debate.
Not material for a stand up comedian in a Dublin bar.
As for your concern for someone who dares to think differently than you, I think you know what you can do with that additional patronising comment.
And you certainly won’t know if you are wrong, you will have left that to your grand kids, you won’t be around to find out.

The only hypothesis I have bought into is you might be wrong, or the scientists might be right.

As for the earth being round, well Greek scientists worked that out 2000 years ago. But I have no doubt that if you were around then you would have pointed out that the others still thought it was flat, and that they all talk a load of

Fisherman in post #137 you state.
I looked really hard for real data (well what I thought was real data), and found plenty of real data. I looked for deceptive information, never found any. I read books and articles written by real scientists (well they claim to have BAs, MAs and PHDs) watched many programmes about global warming.

Have any of the Youtube vids I have posted by real scientists and there are many, many more, given you a cause to doubt your beliefs about GW and that we might all have been fed a crock of sh=t.

Would this count as fairly impending.
From your post #157
You state that doing nothing is an option, then you have to be 100% certain that you are right, I am not 100% certain I am right. Because if you are wrong, we are doomed.

please carefully read what I say, taking into consideration the word IF

Also that is misleading.
it looks like I said doing nothing is an option, I was referring to what someone had said. I don’t think doing nothing is an option, because unlike some on here I don’t think that I am 100% convinced that this is all a rouge. But neither am I convinced totally about what scientists are stating.

What I stated was IF those who reckon the scientists are wrong, are wrong and the scientists who are predicting global Armageddon are right, and we do nothing, then logically we are doomed.

I don’t think we are doomed, because I think that we will overcome this.
We tend to be good at this type of thing as a species, hence our dominance.

please carefully read what I say, taking into consideration the word IF

Also that is misleading.
it looks like I said doing nothing is an option, I was referring to what someone had said. I don’t think doing nothing is an option, because unlike some on here I don’t think that I am 100% convinced that this is all a rouge. But neither am I convinced totally about what scientists are stating.

What I stated was IF those who reckon the scientists are wrong, are wrong and the scientists who are predicting global Armageddon are right, and we do nothing, then logically we are doomed.

I don’t think we are doomed, because I think that we will overcome this.
We tend to be good at this type of thing as a species, hence our dominance.

It isn't misleading at all i say its from your post and you wouldn't refer to yourself as you. In fact it was I who said doing nothing was an option which it is.

Fisherman in post #137 you state.
I looked really hard for real data (well what I thought was real data), and found plenty of real data. I looked for deceptive information, never found any. I read books and articles written by real scientists (well they claim to have BAs, MAs and PHDs) watched many programmes about global warming.

Have any of the Youtube vids I have posted by real scientists and there are many, many more, given you a cause to doubt your beliefs about GW and that we might all have been fed a crock of sh=t.

Sorry what beliefs do I have about global warming.
you keep telling me I have beliefs.
I have posted on here many times that I have doubts.
But not based on any data, purely on a gut feeling that I have.
But for the umpteenth time, because unlike you who is 100% certain that this is a load of bollox, I think we have take measures to prevent what would be catastrophic if you are wrong.
I sincerely hope that you and others are right, but you might not be right.
I am NOT totally convinced either way.
But doing nothing, carrying on as we are, I don’t think is right.

It isn't misleading at all i say its from your post and you wouldn't refer to yourself as you. In fact it was I who said doing nothing was an option which it is.

Well there’s the rub, you are so confident that the scientists are wrong, and I am not. I am like many undecided and simply think we have to take this seriously. Because doing nothing and being totally wrong, is simply not an option.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back