Is it the death knell for the combustion engine?

You have to smile. I have just been on the fb chinese diesel heater group and there are some fitting them in their EVs wtf.
I remember there was a post about a year ago that the most common fitted aftermarket (in New Zealand possibly) accessory was a diesel heater

I didn't want to say it but I couldn't watch more than a couple of minutes of that guys eyeballs, they were freaking me out big time. Shiiit, if my balls were as big as them I would strut naked!

A pity you let his balls get in the way of some enlightening figures he does look like he could possibly have Graves disease.
I guess you didn't watch Marty Feldman then.

A pity you let his balls get in the way of some enlightening figures he does look like he could possibly have Graves disease.
I guess you didn't watch Marty Feldman then.

Solution, I will listen to the clip later without watching it!
Marty Feldman was one of my favourite comedians, oddly enough his eyes didn't disturb me because of the comical face they were set in.

well Elon seems to have grasped the solar, would love to see his battery set up and controller under his bed :LOL:
Im guessing the silver things that look like ducting are charge controllers

1581888202743.png

Its like people who tow caravans, how will they do that with electric cars ?

London Underground uses decades old battery locos that haul heavy ballast trucks with ease so there's no fear of a lack of power with electric motors...I think hydrogen is the elephant in the room, with conversion it'll even clean up our pathetically inefficient antique infernal combustion engines...

Same :) and I just done 160 miles in my new leccy car, turned seat heaters off and climate on, cost me some distance though..my backside was twitching a bit
Envious! [of your leccy car, not yer backside, hot, cold or twitchy]...

London Underground uses decades old battery locos that haul heavy ballast trucks with ease so there's no fear of a lack of power with electric motors...I think hydrogen is the elephant in the room, with conversion it'll even clean up our pathetically inefficient antique infernal combustion engines...
Problem is it uses 40% energy to extract it and compress thus making it not so clean.

Problem is it uses 40% energy to extract it and compress thus making it not so clean.

Well.. if renewable leccy is used to produce the hydrogen and compress it then things should be pretty clean... I know we all rely on infernal combustion lumps at the moment but let's face it, it's dirty inefficient antiquated technology that's well overdue replacement for all too many reasons...

"New petrol and diesel cars banned from 2035. A ban on selling new petrol and diesel cars will be brought forward by five years to improve air quality, the prime minister will announce today. Boris Johnson will say that the sale of new combustion engine cars and vans will end in 2035 rather than 2040."

Don't panic, don't panic, no mention of MH's or vans or lorries.

That's alright then? :unsure:
They are only banning the selling of NEW petrol/diesel from 2035, just buy a diesel / petrol motorhome in 2034 and it will last 25+ years.
There will still be plenty of secondhand ones around for a few decades.

Hi guys. I work for a big car manufacturer. At this present time this country does not have the infrastructure to go all electric. Even then, when the government decides we still think we wont have it. As we have all said. Is china and Russia doing the same the answer is no , so why do we get punished and robbed paying high taxes etc.
The batteries on the cars have a,life span of 5 years, so where will they get dumped when there no good.
There will be cables running everywhere, lots of tripping hazards so at least we can put a claim in when we trip over the cables ha ha.
You can go on and on about this but the whole of the uk needs to stick together. After all we are a small island and with the uk going all electric wont make a difference.

Hi guys. I work for a big car manufacturer. At this present time this country does not have the infrastructure to go all electric. Even then, when the government decides we still think we wont have it. As we have all said. Is china and Russia doing the same the answer is no , so why do we get punished and robbed paying high taxes etc.
The batteries on the cars have a,life span of 5 years, so where will they get dumped when there no good.
There will be cables running everywhere, lots of tripping hazards so at least we can put a claim in when we trip over the cables ha ha.
You can go on and on about this but the whole of the uk needs to stick together. After all we are a small island and with the uk going all electric wont make a difference.
Tesla say the batteries will last 40 years so outlasting the car, you have got incorrect info somewhere.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back