Good news

mariesnowgoose

Stopped in Ludlow, Shropshire today and it looks like Shropshire Council have amended their conditions to allow overnight parking (there was a sticker over the motorhome section)

Perfect spot for an Aire right in the centre of this gorgeous medieval town - great news đź‘ŤView attachment 108555

If extra clarification is needed, check the council website?

Says free parking between 6pm and 8am?
Linear charges 30p per hour the rest of the time.

https://shropshire.gov.uk/parking/find-my-nearest-car-park/ludlow-smithfield/

Rolyan57

If extra clarification is needed, check the council website?

Says free parking between 6pm and 8am?
Linear charges 30p per hour the rest of the time.

https://shropshire.gov.uk/parking/find-my-nearest-car-park/ludlow-smithfield/
It’s not the charge for parking I wondered about. That’s fairly clear. It’s just whether or not it was one of those places where they allow you to park overnight in the van, but not to stay in the van. That’s the only thing I wondered.

It doesn’t look to be expressly forbidden, which suggests it’s allowed. But it’s always worth checking and I wondered if anyone knew that’s all.

2cv

See Here, where it says no overnight camping, a term which is perhaps open to debate.

jeanette

I can’t work out if that is just allowing Motorhome’s etc to park overnight, or whether it’s allowing us to stay/sleep overnight.
I’m not too sure I just posted it from another site but I think it’s it’s too stay overnight, but I’m sure some one will be along to tell you better than me.

Rolyan57

I’m not too sure I just posted it from another site but I think it’s it’s too stay overnight, but I’m sure some one will be along to tell you better than me.
Their website shows no camping overnight, which suggests no staying in the van. But to be honest, even just allowing parking is a win at the moment, so đź‘Ť