Good news

I think it was down to overuse by too many vans but as I say Facebook Post so could be nothing.
Sadly it could well be. There’s a clear sign up stating the maximum number of vans permitted and the distance between. I know these have been broken.

If it is that, well done to those who ignored the rules and got this closed down.

075965DE-7655-4037-9F63-C429B9D4ADB3.png

just read STUMP CROSS CAVERNS in yorkshire dales......for summer....£5 per night ....buy one get one free???? dont know if that means 2 for 1 night......as computor.laptop decided to play up on me and i lost it all........beautiful countryside up in the dales........bagain i would say.......

just read STUMP CROSS CAVERNS in yorkshire dales......for summer....£5 per night ....buy one get one free???? dont know if that means 2 for 1 night......as computor.laptop decided to play up on me and i lost it all........beautiful countryside up in the dales........bagain i would say.......

£10 per night ( BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ) however ..................................................................

There is only a nominal overnight charge per night for the pitch, so we ask that you book a cave entry ticket and/or table reservation as part of your stay, which you can add to your pitch booking.

£10 per night ( BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ) however ..................................................................

There is only a nominal overnight charge per night for the pitch, so we ask that you book a cave entry ticket and/or table reservation as part of your stay, which you can add to your pitch booking.

[/SIZE

[/QUOT thanks wooie...thought it was too good to be true ..the advert which popped up on my laptop said something in the lines of...........for the summer we are offering pitches £5 per night..........buy one get one free...... (then laptop played up and i lost the advert).......i will phone them today to see just what the offer is and when it starts etc......thanks
SEE UPDATE ON MY POST BELOW..........£5 per night special offer ..no obligation to use cafe or caverns

Last edited:
UPDATE ON STUMPCROSS CAVERNS IN THE YORKSHIRE DALES RE> CAMPING FOR MOTORHOMES.....

...telphone 01756 752780 OWNER
HE TELLS ME THEY HAVE JUST STARTED DOING A SPECIAL OFFER OF £5 PER NIGHT (IT WAS £10 PER NIGHT)

AND THERE IS ..NO OBLIGATION TO USE CAFE OR TO VISIT THE CAVERNS.........obviously if you do want to visit caverns then you will have to buy a ticket

well worth a visit

Last edited:
UPDATE ON STUMPCROSS CAVERNS IN THE YORKSHIRE DALES RE> CAMPING FOR MOTORHOMES.....

...telphone 01756 752780 OWNER
HE TELLS ME THEY HAVE JUST STARTED DOING A SPECIAL OFFER OF £5 PER NIGHT (IT WAS £10 PER NIGHT)

AND THERE IS ..NO OBLIGATION TO USE CAFE OR TO VISIT THE CAVERNS.........obviously if you do want to visit caverns then you will have to buy a ticket

well worth a visit

Ah ok (y) i stand corrected :)the only reason i posted was i saw no mention of that on the website :unsure:

Ah ok (y) i stand corrected :)the only reason i posted was i saw no mention of that on the website :unsure:
[/QUOTE

you are correct wooie,,,,....apparently they havent updated the website yet......they have only just brought in this special offer.....i couldnt find anywhere where it said £5 ...it was only when a post/advert popped up on my laptop that i saw it for £5.....and then i wasnt sure if i had read it correctly and then lost the post very quickly........so i phoned the owners who confirmed it was £5 with no obligation....

may be if anyone is thinking of going.......they could give the owners a phone call to make sure the offer is still on at the time they want to visit. however i m sure it said SUMMER OFFER.....£5 per night.......
stump cross caverns is just above the village of Pateley Bridge...n. yorks.....

Potentially good news although the introduction of EHU could make them more like a campsite and possibly as pricey.

Car park upgrades, new signage and overnight parking for motorhomes and campervans are just some of the new measures the Argyll and Bute Council is planning to deliver, it has been announced.

At a meeting this week, Councillors agreed the latest steps in response to increasing numbers of visitors choosing to staycation in the region.

An additional £30,000 has been allocated from the council’s staycation budget to create overnight parking for motorhomes and campervans at sites throughout Argyll and Bute.

Funding of £100,000 has been agreed for the potential upgrading of the Glenmorag car park in Dunoon with options including upgraded toilets, electric hook up points, potable water and waste water disposal points.

Other measures being introduced include the installation of new ‘Welcome to Argyll and Bute’ signage with information on passing place etiquette and more temporary toilets are to be introduced at popular visitor hotspots across the region.

Potentially good news although the introduction of EHU could make them more like a campsite and possibly as pricey.

Car park upgrades, new signage and overnight parking for motorhomes and campervans are just some of the new measures the Argyll and Bute Council is planning to deliver, it has been announced.

At a meeting this week, Councillors agreed the latest steps in response to increasing numbers of visitors choosing to staycation in the region.

An additional £30,000 has been allocated from the council’s staycation budget to create overnight parking for motorhomes and campervans at sites throughout Argyll and Bute.

Funding of £100,000 has been agreed for the potential upgrading of the Glenmorag car park in Dunoon with options including upgraded toilets, electric hook up points, potable water and waste water disposal points.

Other measures being introduced include the installation of new ‘Welcome to Argyll and Bute’ signage with information on passing place etiquette and more temporary toilets are to be introduced at popular visitor hotspots across the region.
CAMpRA keep telling councils that ehu points are not needed on these places, as safe overnight parking and waste points are what we need.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back