Good news

This is posted by CAMpRA
This is The Red Lion Revesby who recently got their exemption certificate. The Aire is on a nice flat grass area just to the left of the pub. It has EHU, black & grey waste & fresh water.

They are a popular dining pub with Sunday Carvery, you may need to book. Kerry & Steve are your hosts and look forward to seeing you. The pub also has letting rooms and Kerry told me that when you check in with them if you ask about breakfast and they have B&B guests in for the following morning they will be happy to cook a takeaway breakfast to take to your van.

They are 22 miles from Skegness, 6 from Horncastle. East Kirkby Aviation Heritage Centre with Just Jane Lancaster bomber is 3 miles away and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is 6 miles away. Revesby Country Estate on which the pub is situated has fishing lakes for recreational use. Revesby Abbey nearby has ghost tours available and nearby Bolingbroke Castle was the birthplace in 1367 of King Henry IV.

Not sure if this has been posted

F2F7A7AA-0383-42B1-8310-8D3A831EE69A.png

Whenever I visit Kirkudbright I try always to visit the Library Town Hall art gallery in St Mary Street. My last visit was to see the Hokusai exhibition in 2019.

They are currently showing the "Galloway Hoard: Viking Age Treasure" until 10th July 2022, and it's free to enter.

I'm so pleased to hear of the new Aire at the swimming pool, and will use it - Many thanks! (y)

We used this aire in Kirkudbright last year. Really convenient for strolling into town via the riverside and harbour and quiet in the evenings once all the locals out for fresh air have gone home!

We used this aire in Kirkudbright last year. Really convenient for strolling into town via the riverside and harbour and quiet in the evenings once all the locals out for fresh air have gone home!
Plus the small wood is a great place for red squirrels.

Attachments

• 2BA8A0D6-D8A9-4DFB-8779-A8DA059E824C.jpeg
    2BA8A0D6-D8A9-4DFB-8779-A8DA059E824C.jpeg
    477.4 KB · Views: 71
Don’t know if this has been posted before

New Aire in Cornwall finally opens 👍
If you want seclusion this is the place for you located near Mullion it is owned by a fellow motorcaravan owner who has made a year round Hardstanding pitch with ehu for 1 motorcaravan.

So you have the site to yourself, it will be on Searchforsites shortly but details below:

Site Name: Motorhome Parking @ Isle-Of-Wight Cottage
Post Code: TR12 7EY
Contact Details: Phil Hawkridge 07453 768758 phil@hawkridge.net
Website URL: AirBnB - https://airbnb.com/h/isle-of-wight-cottage

Exclusive motorhome parking spot with rural and sea views. Electric hook-up included. Located in the far south-west of Cornwall next a 200 year old cottage on the Lizard Peninsular in an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Facing south-west for delightful sunsets over Mounts Bay with St Michael’s Mount in the distance.
On a hardstanding, electric hook up included and basic facilities provided for Chemical Disposal Point/waste water/fresh water supply.
You will have the place to yourself.
Any notes of caution: There is a width restriction entering Mullion village which double-decker buses *just* get through
Pricing information: £15 per night including electric hook-up

Stopped in Ludlow, Shropshire today and it looks like Shropshire Council have amended their conditions to allow overnight parking (there was a sticker over the motorhome section)

Perfect spot for an Aire right in the centre of this gorgeous medieval town - great news 👍
AB48476E-9AD8-458F-85AE-A99370EB1A8C.png

Stopped in Ludlow, Shropshire today and it looks like Shropshire Council have amended their conditions to allow overnight parking (there was a sticker over the motorhome section)

Perfect spot for an Aire right in the centre of this gorgeous medieval town - great news 👍View attachment 108555
I can’t work out if that is just allowing Motorhome’s etc to park overnight, or whether it’s allowing us to stay/sleep overnight.

I can’t work out if that is just allowing Motorhome’s etc to park overnight, or whether it’s allowing us to stay/sleep overnight.
Well there is no mention of a ban on any of those things .
Don't think we should look for problems .
Stayed there a few times some years ago . Didn't think there was ever a ban ?

Well there is no mention of a ban on any of those things .
Don't think we should look for problems .
Stayed there a few times some years ago . Didn't think there was ever a ban ?
Not really looking for a problem. There are places that allow overnight parking, but not to stay in the van. I just wondered if this was one of them. I don’t know the history of the place but I always want the full facts up my sleeve ready for t’ jobsworth to come a calling.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back