Covid infections

My initials are DRMC (I know, Sam doesn't start with any of those) and you'd be surprised how many letters are addressed to Dr. M.

Bit close to home. Friend over the road has just died from Covid. Only 73 and to look at him he was very healthy. Been in hospital for 4 weeks and they called the family in on Tuesday and he passed away on the Wednesday, Very sad as he has been so careful for the last 9 months. We were only talking early January saying the vaccine was going to help prevent a lot of deaths. Looks like his MG rebuild is going to be finished by another nutter. He had a running one and one in bits that needed all the wood frame replacing. He hardly took the MG out on the road as the brakes were the push hard and pray variety, RIP Roy.

If you think treating a Covid patient is bad enough, there is one on our Daughters Ward who is HIV Positive and also has Hepatitis. He is one of the patients shipped up from down South. I can see why they shipped him elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Some people have "titles", whether endowed or earned, and choose not to use them liberally.

Title use for strictly professional purposes, or where it is necessary to indicate a level of qualification, but otherwise...?

Other people have titles and feel the need to insist on their use at every opportunity.

I am instinctively wary about anyone who falls into this latter type. :cool:
What a nice post Malady 😂

My NHS responder pager is now none stop.all day every day 90% of the alerts are for people in isolation after testing positive so I am very cautious when I arrive at the premises , I was offered the jab 3 weeks ago at 9.00am on a Sunday morning with the frontline workers but did not get the email appointment through until 12.30 pm on the same day , when I called in they said they would get me done ASAP and would call me , 3 weeks later still not had the call, so will have to take extra care until the time comes , in the meantime there are a lot more people need the jab more urgent than I do . Stay safe all ,this virus is real and nasty , I can vouch for that 100%

When I was a yooff I wanted a tiger cub , but somebody told me if I bought one I would kill myself . But I believed him .so I bought an AJS.
T20sh sports was the job.
sports cub.png

My NHS responder pager is now none stop.all day every day 90% of the alerts are for people in isolation after testing positive so I am very cautious when I arrive at the premises , I was offered the jab 3 weeks ago at 9.00am on a Sunday morning with the frontline workers but did not get the email appointment through until 12.30 pm on the same day , when I called in they said they would get me done ASAP and would call me , 3 weeks later still not had the call, so will have to take extra care until the time comes , in the meantime there are a lot more people need the jab more urgent than I do . Stay safe all ,this virus is real and nasty , I can vouch for that 100%
According to the news today, you should contact 119 or the website and book your jab. Obviously some have slipped through the net, you don't need to be one of them.

Well, despite getting my official letter last week telling me I don't have to do anything about the vaccine as the GP will be in touch soon, I haven't heard a dicky bird since.

So it's dial 119 for me laters...

According to the news today, you should contact 119 or the website and book your jab. Obviously some have slipped through the net, you don't need to be one of them.

Got the call this morning " can you be at the vaccine centre at 10.00 am " sadly I had to decline as I was at work today :cry: , Ah well third time lucky

Well, despite getting my official letter last week telling me I don't have to do anything about the vaccine as the GP will be in touch soon, I haven't heard a dicky bird since.

So it's dial 119 for me laters...

Julie's in the same boat Marie.

But I thought the 119 service was for over 70's?

Pretty sure it's not just for over 70's.

They've asked all over 70's who haven't been vaccinated to use the number, but that doesn't mean others can't. Thats my understanding.

Thanks Mark, Sounds right now I've done some googling.

Looks like Julie might be in the 'at risk' group rather than 'extremely vulnerable' which would put her due for vaccination end of Feb-April.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back