Covid infections

Pretty sure it's not just for over 70's.

They've asked all over 70's who haven't been vaccinated to use the number, but that doesn't mean others can't. Thats my understanding.

Yep, if you're in the CEV category you can phone 119, or go onto the NHS website to book.
Or do what I did - phoned the GP and asked why I hadn't heard anything after receiving my vaccination appointment letter nearly a week ago.

First off the receptionist said I should make an appt. at Shotley Bridge hospital (which must be our local "hub"?)
This hospital is other side of Consett in North Durham and about 8 miles away.
16 mile round trip doesn't sound much, but it is mega hilly getting there and back and Consett always gets twice as much snow before anyone else up here!!! 😵

I said thanks, but no thanks, no way was I venturing over there without a 4x4 vehicle in this weather and why couldn't it be done at the surgery.
Told her I wasn't in a rush to get it done, quite happy to wait until I can get the vax at the surgery.
Hang on she says. Oh, there's an appt. available for a vax here at the surgery for this Thursday. :rolleyes: 🤨

Amazing what can happen if you stick to your guns just a little bit. 👍;)

Last edited:
Just mooching on quarantine site ( gov.uk) and realised that there are no hotels at the ports! Interestingly they advise you have to arrive at one of the airports. Bit of an issue for someone driving back to UK from Portugal via France and Spain? No hotels at Plymouth, Portsmouth, Dover or Folkestone. So I guess in an emergency one would have to fly back ....just fingers crossed no emergencies or that Portugal is taken off the red list soon! Hopefully someone will realise and make provision.

For MH users it shouldn't be much of a problem, leave Portugal then spend 10 days getting home, that's assuming you are allowed to 'loiter' in France and/or Spain.

I see the warnings are going out, as people are relaxing their guard assuming that having the jab makes it safe, we still need to keep acting is if we haven't had the vaccine until the infections drop a lot further, and lets not forget with high infection rates a variant could still develop which is deadly to even those who are inoculated.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back