Covid infections

I find it hard to understand how some people a asymptomatic and some really ill :unsure:

20201222_162034.jpg

I find it hard to understand how some people a asymptomatic and some really ill :unsure:
I found out this week that my nephew's family had it.......he was clear, tested, but his wife and child came back positive.

A few weeks ago my niece's 2 girls tested positive.....caught it at school but no real side effects, just a slight temperature. Their mum, dad, and brother tested clear.

I wonder how this is possible unless they were tested before covid developed.......but none of them were ill or became ill.

I found out this week that my nephew's family had it.......he was clear, tested, but his wife and child came back positive.

A few weeks ago my niece's 2 girls tested positive.....caught it at school but no real side effects, just a slight temperature. Their mum, dad, and brother tested clear.

I wonder how this is possible unless they were tested before covid developed.......but none of them were ill or became ill.

I hear this story a lot, people who are essentially licking each other (at worst lol 😘) yet one positive, one negative. Then there's the booked a test but didn't make it/turned back because of the kids going mental etc. Then getting a text saying positive even though they never took a test.

I hate repeating this stuff because I didn't see it for myself, but I'm getting similar stories from so many different sources I can't help but think something is up with the testing.

Is this a dangerous virus IMO, hell yea. Is it as prevalent as we're being told? I'm not so sure.

We're in a massive panic now, but the deaths are well under what they were in the 1st wave. We have a nightingale hospital up the road, still un-occupied.

It's all just a bit weird.

I hear this story a lot, people who are essentially licking each other (at worst lol 😘) yet one positive, one negative. Then there's the booked a test but didn't make it/turned back because of the kids going mental etc. Then getting a text saying positive even though they never took a test.

I hate repeating this stuff because I didn't see it for myself, but I'm getting similar stories from so many different sources I can't help but think something is up with the testing.

Is this a dangerous virus IMO, hell yea. Is it as prevalent as we're being told? I'm not so sure.

We're in a massive panic now, but the deaths are well under what they were in the 1st wave. We have a nightingale hospital up the road, still un-occupied.

Hear about it plenty too, and know a number of couples where that has been the case. Nothing unusual now.

On your point of something up with the testing:-
About three weeks ago I had mild symptoms of a cold, headache slight temp etc.
Son almost insisted I got tested which I did. Easy to book and do. Results back following day, negative. Self administered test.
Whilst I followed implicitly the instructions and am satisfied the test was carried out correctly, ultimately the correctness of the test and the accuracy of the results were my responsiblity.
Self administered tests could be a stumbling block in the process as indeed a quickly trained person to administer tests to satisfy a need.

Just have to keep on going and be as careful and sensible as possible.

There is no doubt we're far from being out of the woods yet.
Things certainly look set to get worse before they get better.

Main thing is to be kind and help out in whatever way we can, even if we're just stuck at home and all you can do is give moral support on the end of a phone or a video call.... or post on here etc.! (y) ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back