Covid infections

Father-in-law due his second follow up Covid-19 jab today that`s if they don`t cancel right at the last minute, he is right at the top of the high risk category.

My m-i-l is in same situation, Graham. Her second Pfizer jab is due tomorrow (Tuesday).

I understand the approach of wanting to get as many people vaccinated as soon as possible, but still seems a bit of a watered down approach to just have one jab when 2 jabs was the initial (trial) recommendation for better outcome for immunity?
Surely this particular vaccine and the recommended dosage (i.e. 2 jabs, not one) shouldn't be messed with so soon after approval?
But again, what do I know about vaccines and how to administer them? Nowt! :)

Guess it's a balancing act with the speed of immunising as many people as possible now being the critical element, even if the ultimate effectiveness of the (Pfizer) vaccine is potentially reduced as a result of not giving the second jab within 3 weeks.

hope he gets it..please update.

With everything that`s been on the news we are surprised it hasn`t been put back.

He hasn`t heard anything to the contrary so we are taking him and we`ll act a bit gormless if needed, seems to work for the majority of the population.

His appointment at the hospital is early afternoon ( UK time ) which will be exactly 21 days since his first jab and when he was given this appointment.

I get the feeling that a lot of immunisation hubs will go ahead with the second jabs anyway, fingers crossed!

There is plenty of evidence around that many vulnerable people aren't even turning up for their vaccination appointments, so the jabs are being offered to whoever happens to be around at the time instead of being wasted. All a bit messy.:(

Imagine the administrative chaos that's been chucked into the mix with appointment systems if the second Pfizer jabs are now supposed to be cancelled?! :(

How did your m-i-l get on with the first jab ? F-i-l was fine apart a bit of an ache in his arm but that only lasted a day or so.

With everything that`s been on the news we are surprised it hasn`t been put back.

He hasn`t heard anything to the contrary so we are taking him and we`ll act a bit gormless if needed, seems to work for the majority of the population.

His appointment at the hospital is early afternoon ( UK time ) which will be exactly 21 days since his first jab and when he was given this appointment.

I get the feeling that a lot of immunisation hubs will go ahead with the second jabs anyway, fingers crossed!

There is plenty of evidence around that many vulnerable people aren't even turning up for their vaccination appointments, so the jabs are being offered to whoever happens to be around at the time instead of being wasted. All a bit messy.:(

Imagine the administrative chaos that's been chucked into the mix with appointment systems if the second Pfizer jabs are now supposed to be cancelled?! :(

Also highlights that it is best to wait and hear from the horse's mouth rather than the news ;)

Before first lockdown I received a letter (from the NHS) telling me to self-isolate for 12 weeks and not go anywhere.
The chemo ward at my hospital was very p*****d off at the time because all their treatments were going ahead as normal.
I was instructed by them that, unless notice not to attend came directly from the hospital, I was to take absolutely no notice of any instructions from anywhere else.

So now I take all news reports and letters about my health (from global NHS sources or the government) with a large pinch of salt.

Father-in-law due his second follow up Covid-19 jab today that`s if they don`t cancel right at the last minute, he is right at the top of the high risk category.

All done and dusted, he was the only member of the public in there, the rest of them were NHS staff getting their jabs.

He now has a little card that has the dates and batch numbers of both vacinations on it, he has been told to keep safe as proof of having it.

Just read research from Israel, new drug that cures covid 19. Passed phase 1 trial. Also Russian Sputnik 5 is an excellent anti viral as good as western ones. All good news. Astra is v good in ALL age groups Looks like those not wanting it in older folk were wrong. Also it can be adjusted for any new variant. It was on the BBC and Sky news. Sadly ive been telling folk at work this for the last 2 weeks. If you want to know whats going on with COVID dont watch the mainstream media watch Dr John Cambell on Youtube. Top man.

I do find it pretentious when someone with a PhD in philosophy has to title themselves "doctor" to gain credit. As he is a retired nurse teacher, not an MD , I feel that he should rely on his actual qualifications ( which are good) and not confuse those who do not know the difference. Not doing this lowers the profile of Nurses who actually have as much to offer. On the same level as Army officers who carry on using the title for the rest of their lives. I know it is perfectly legal to call oneself doctor, just galls.

Wife got a we call from hospital today, expect the worst and they will not be putting her father on the breather as he is to week, next 48 hrs will tell the tail as he has went down hill from yesterday, all fingers crossed here.
sorry to hear that trev.......thoughts and prayers are with you all

I do find it pretentious when someone with a PhD in philosophy has to title themselves "doctor" to gain credit. As he is a retired nurse teacher, not an MD , I feel that he should rely on his actual qualifications ( which are good) and not confuse those who do not know the difference. Not doing this lowers the profile of Nurses who actually have as much to offer. On the same level as Army officers who carry on using the title for the rest of their lives. I know it is perfectly legal to call oneself doctor, just galls.
It seems mainly the UK who haven't got a clue as to what a Doctor or Engineer are, why should we pander to them?

Correct, I ask folks to stop giving me the Title arsh-le, they still insist though. 🤔

Some people have "titles", whether endowed or earned, and choose not to use them liberally.

Title use for strictly professional purposes, or where it is necessary to indicate a level of qualification, but otherwise...?

Other people have titles and feel the need to insist on their use at every opportunity.

I am instinctively wary about anyone who falls into this latter type. :cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back