Covid infections

I’m a teacher and caught it at school . Inevitable really when there is no protection allowed in primary schools. I was fit and healthy but it affected my heart and 6 weeks later I can hardly do anything and am on medication for the first time in my life. Definitely a bit of a lottery if you get it.

It is strange how it affects people differently, my sister in law for instance, today we were told that although she is being kept in a coma she has been taken off the critical list, she did have underlying health conditions but seems to be fighting it, my brother hasn't been able to see her for five weeks so he is really going through it.
Neighbours of mine have tested positive and just isolated for two weeks and one of them is 78yrs old and in poor health

No wonder us old gifts are crapping our selves hope you make a full recovery

@molly 2

:)

Gift wrapped.jpg

I’m a teacher and caught it at school . Inevitable really when there is no protection allowed in primary schools. I was fit and healthy but it affected my heart and 6 weeks later I can hardly do anything and am on medication for the first time in my life. Definitely a bit of a lottery if you get it.
No consolation to you but as an ex -teacher I believe that schools are super-spreaders. Insanity.
Best wishes to you.
I also posted elsewhere that schools should be uses as innoculation centres for pupils and ALL staff and should be closed until the 2nd injection
Schools have staff and space and the ability to manage "pupil throughput" in a safe way
Obviously under the direction of health professionals

And can be reinstated in a matter of days should it be required.

I think you are right.

If this pandemic gets even further out of hand all sorts of buildings would probably be commandeered as necessary. These are extraordinary times, like I need to tell you that!

I think you are right.

If this pandemic gets even further out of hand all sorts of buildings would probably be commandeered as necessary. These are extraordinary times, like I need to tell you that!

I dont think the issue will be buildings or more Nightingale hospitals, I reckon it will be having enough staff to run them. We are on the last leg hopefully of this nightmare and the end is in sight (fingers crossed). It just takes one final shove of people following the rules, or being MADE to follow the rules and hopefully we can beat it.

In the last nine months they have learned a lot in the treatment of this disease as I unfortunately found out Not every bed needs a ventilator. The biggest single thing you can do to aid recovery is to sleep on your stomach, If you can't do that your side. Not on your back. I found it frustrating how many patients didn't do as they were told to aid their own recovery. The staff must get immune to peoples stupidity.

Some of the Nightingales are being dismantled as there aren't enough staff to run them. This is not the same as being mothballed.
They were never intended to be mothballed. All the equipment is in storage should it be needed. You say some, which other than London has been dismantled.

Realistically it is out of control already and for some of us we probably wont get vaccine until may or june and you can only push things so far and they break

They were never intended to be mothballed. All the equipment is in storage should it be needed. You say some, which other than London has been dismantled.
It would appear that the headline from last week which I had seen is incorrect, only London is being dismantled.

It's not surprising the London one has been dismantled as the owners of the ExCel were giving it to the NHS free of any charge. That wasn't going to go on for ever.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back