Covid infections

The nightingales are empty because there is no one available to staff them. Last week there were 90,000 NHS staff off work.

According to the BBC yesterday some are in use for Covid Patients and others for other reasons.

On our own this Christmas and didn't have our usual get together with all the family the week before. Everyone has said they would rather we were here next year than not. Lots of goodies in the cupboard and what looks like some nice presents under the tree. Stay safe everyone. Keep your heads down. Happy Christmas.

My sister in law and brother in law were both tested positive for COVID last month. My sister in law, a teacher, caught it from her teaching assistant. They are both morbidly obese, my brother in law has diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and only one kidney ( he lost the other after being injured many years ago)
They are now both recovered. They both said they just felt like they had really bad colds.
Ny niece also had it, but has recovered too.
Strange, as all 3 are in a very high risk group, yet some people who are fit as fleas end up in induced comas or even worse, dead.

Just have to keep on going and be as careful and sensible as possible.

There is no doubt we're far from being out of the woods yet.
Things certainly look set to get worse before they get better.

Main thing is to be kind and help out in whatever way we can, even if we're just stuck at home and all you can do is give moral support on the end of a phone or a video call.... or post on here etc.! (y) ;)

Its those on their own I feel most sorry for, especially at Christmas. I think they will be the ones that will really appreciate a call tomorrow. I have two or three on my list.

My sister in law and brother in law were both tested positive for COVID last month. My sister in law, a teacher, caught it from her teaching assistant. They are both morbidly obese, my brother in law has diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and only one kidney ( he lost the other after being injured many years ago)
They are now both recovered. They both said they just felt like they had really bad colds.
Ny niece also had it, but has recovered too.
Strange, as all 3 are in a very high risk group, yet some people who are fit as fleas end up in induced comas or even worse, dead.
Cannot beat a big girl.
porky a.png

Went to a shop in an unsavoury part of Glasgow to pick something up for someone there must have been 30 people in and out in the five ten minutes I was there not one had a mask on apart from me bunch of morons. I felt they were staring at me for wearing one. Ended up telling the guy who owned the shop who was messing about trying to find the parcel even him and his two workers weren’t waring masks ended up telling him to ram it where the sun don’t shine and got myself out of there. Planet is full of morons

Went to a shop in an unsavoury part of Glasgow to pick something up for someone there must have been 30 people in and out in the five ten minutes I was there not one had a mask on apart from me bunch of morons. I felt they were staring at me for wearing one. Ended up telling the guy who owned the shop who was messing about trying to find the parcel even him and his two workers weren’t waring masks ended up telling him to ram it where the sun don’t shine and got myself out of there. Planet is full of morons
No one here in shops wears masks, paying a bill in builders yard and apart from a plastic screen at the counter they were all void of any form of masks gloves etc, and coming from behind the screen to help folk trying to pick the correct stuff from shelves, then take it to there van or car, I was the only masked man there.

Only two towns (small towns) we go to are Richmond and Barnard Castle. Shops and takeaways are all strictly following distancing rules and limiting numbers and pretty much everyone wears a mask. Probably explains why the infection rate for both is extremely low. Barney is in Tier 3 and Richmond Tier 2 but they are similar in numbers. Infection rate about 90 per 100000 I think last time I looked which equates to a handful of infections per week.

To be honest if I walked into any place and it was full of people masks or not I Would just walk out again. It appears that indoors is where the risk is and its all to do with time. With this new 70% more infectious strain that I think is going to be an issue for anyone who spends more than a short time indoors with strangers.

Only two towns (small towns) we go to are Richmond and Barnard Castle. Shops and takeaways are all strictly following distancing rules and limiting numbers and pretty much everyone wears a mask. Probably explains why the infection rate for both is extremely low. Barney is in Tier 3 and Richmond Tier 2 but they are similar in numbers. Infection rate about 90 per 100000 I think last time I looked which equates to a handful of infections per week.

To be honest if I walked into any place and it was full of people masks or not I Would just walk out again. It appears that indoors is where the risk is and its all to do with time. With this new 70% more infectious strain that I think is going to be an issue for anyone who spends more than a short time indoors with strangers.
Same for us, if somewhere is busy we just come back home, or try elsewhere, thankfully majority are wearing masks now, but it surprises me how many no longer clean hands on entering/leaving any shops etc. I bet the mingers don’t bother washing their hands when they go to the loo either. 😝

Following on from original post my neighbour is out of isolation and is now back working ,what kind of virus kills so many but gives other people just cold type symptoms, both had tested positive. He is very fit and often runs 25 k

Last edited:
Don’t worry Wully if Darwin is right the morons will be weeded out. 👍

Further to post 36
Some people seem to have frequent days off due to minor ailments etc
Others seem to manage to work on day in day out.
Some simply take "sickies as suits"
Not just casual observation..I used to have to organise the replacements for sick teachers !

No one here in shops wears masks, paying a bill in builders yard and apart from a plastic screen at the counter they were all void of any form of masks gloves etc, and coming from behind the screen to help folk trying to pick the correct stuff from shelves, then take it to there van or car, I was the only masked man there.

NI’s version of the Lone Ranger? 😉

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you all have a good day 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back