C&CC Price Rises

MISINFORMATION ALERT!

I'm definitely getting bl**dy senile :confused:

My post was referring to the CARAVAN AND MOTORHOME CLUB (CMC) and not the Camping & Caravanning Club.

Very sorry about that folks! 🤪🥴🙃

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Doesn't matter much. I think most of the posts apply broadly to both clubs.
The main difference is that CAMC don't have service stops.
"What? Motorhomes not staying at campsites. Can't be having that, can we?"

Last edited:
Tried C+C Maidstone the other day. Seems Website confuses M+C sites for added appeal. Ground wise info was join club 56 quid a year. Then 28 per night. Actual C+C site was a further 4 miles to middle of nowhere and just a green field. Well if that is progress I think a Park Bench with a 4G signal has the edge on it. Then at least if you get mugged you can blame yourself. Also the Public Toilets don't shift Geographical position in the touch of a button. If only I was 85 yrs old the struggle for logic would seem reasonable enough for me to fund the Illogical and it would somehow seem a virtuous endeavour. Until then the Tent on the roof as seen in a French Aire seems the most practical.:sneaky:

Booked our first four stops for the upcoming trip. All CL sites and amazingly there are a fair few that are still cheap. I was pleased to see some of them are still dirt cheap. Three nights just outside Bath for a fiver a night! :D Even a couple with EHU were only £12. I suspect they will be few and far between now though. One near Salcombe says "From" £26! For a CL!!! There is another one a few miles away for a fiver, no EHU obviously.

£120+ for a weekend?! 😲 🥴😵‍💫

Nah. Thanks all the same 👎 👎

356262308_137673779338292_3527265087396160534_n.jpg

I paid £122 for 2 nights in Keswick last week, on their advice I re-joined that night on line and next day she gave me £49 refund, I cancelled the other lot as I was without a van for 4 Months and they refused to suspend my fees. I reckon most vans who book just one night could easily do without hook up so insisting on a 2 night stay is counter productive imho.

I paid £122 for 2 nights in Keswick last week, on their advice I re-joined that night on line and next day she gave me £49 refund, I cancelled the other lot as I was without a van for 4 Months and they refused to suspend my fees. I reckon most vans who book just one night could easily do without hook up so insisting on a 2 night stay is counter productive imho.

That's still 50p short of £40 per night.

Why would they suspend your fees for being without a van? Your "refund" would be about £19, which is less than half the price for just one night on these sites (plus you have to book 2 nights anyway!)

Don't think membership of clubs like this have ever worked like your vehicle tax or insurance? 🤔🤷‍♀️
I could well be wrong though...!🤪

Just sayin' ;)

I was on a CL in May that had introduced metered electricity starting this year. Just looking at booking another CL and again they have introduced meters for this year. I think it will soon be the norm and I would much rather pay for what I use than what someone else wastes. At 36p/kW for electricity and just over 11p/kWh for refillable gas using gas for heating and hot water was a no brainer. The owner said that it tended to be caravans that used most but that may be because they use exchange bottles rather than refillable lpg.

MISINFORMATION ALERT!

I'm definitely getting bl**dy senile :confused:

My post was referring to the CARAVAN AND MOTORHOME CLUB (CMC) and not the Camping & Caravanning Club.

Very sorry about that folks! 🤪🥴🙃
I did wonder. I cancelled CAMC membership as site fees became ridiculous, and appear to be getting even more so, but am still a reasonably happy CCC member taking full advantage of all the discounts on offer. This does involve pre booking though to take advantage.

Always useful to check pitchup in areas where CAMC sites are as plenty of lower priced green field sites without hook up are available.

Have the newbies discovered solar yet? I hope not. In Wales right now but will be CL hopping into Devon later next week and probably into the school holidays. I know where all the off grid goat track places are though. 🤩

I would be more than happy for leccy to be charged PAYG. There are too many times we have had to pay for EHU when we had nowhere to stick it in, just because we wanted to be near to friends or weren’t allowed on grass.
Appreciate it would be quite an infrastructure cost.
Many commercial, and some CS/CL, will let you pitch up on an EHU pitch but not pay the extra if you don't want electric and don't plug in, it's not rocket science, but the Clubs say their warders haven't got time to keep checking that you haven't been a naughty girl/boy and plugged in.
That's still 50p short of £40 per night.

Why would they suspend your fees for being without a van? Your "refund" would be about £19, which is less than half the price for just one night on these sites (plus you have to book 2 nights anyway!)

Don't think membership of clubs like this have ever worked like your vehicle tax or insurance? 🤔🤷‍♀️
I could well be wrong though...!🤪

Just sayin' ;)
No they won't suspend it at your request but note that C&CC extended all renewals by 3 months the year of the pandemic - CaMC were asked by many members to do the same but refused.

Could it be that the price rises are not entirely due to just having a hook up? A lot of sites have a reception, an office, maybe even a club with a bar and there is costs for maintenance. All these factors will have to be added in to the annual electric bills.

It will be interesting to see if they drop the prices with regards to the latest price cap though.

Could it be that the price rises are not entirely due to just having a hook up? A lot of sites have a reception, an office, maybe even a club with a bar and there is costs for maintenance. All these factors will have to be added in to the annual electric bills.

It will be interesting to see if they drop the prices with regards to the latest price cap though.

No, the problem with the C&MC is they have far too may useless pr... sorry, "head office" staff on over-inflated salaries these days than they have workers at the sharp end actually working on the sites 🤷‍♀️

The price cap is for domestic customers not business ones. Hopefully their prices will also fall but they may well be tied in to longer term contracts. Also a lot of sites use propane for heating their facilities having no gas mains in most rural locations. Calor put their bulk propane prices up at least as much as other energy suppliers and there is no sign of them reducing their prices at present. They are not subject to any price cap.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back