Brittany ferries booked from Santander to Portsmouth

We're hoping to stay self contained in the van until we get home apart from the 24 hours on the ferry were we will stay in our cabin. Don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

My daughter who is a district nurse along with our two grandchildren and her husband are now in lockdown, they all have high temperature, bloody ridiculous that my daughter couldn't get the proper protection for her and her staff and is struggling to get tested to see if they actually have the virus.

What part of stay at home am i missing here,this could last for mths or longer,today the gov said it is no longer a request to stay home but a must do.

Done our best Trev, waiting here in Spain for the ferries to start running again from Spain to the UK, I see it as less risk than traveling through another country, but who knows this is unpresidented.

Have you heard the latest news here in Spain today they are saying the lockdown will continue into May ...already crawling the walls be a raving lunatic when and if we are let loose...

Have you heard the latest news here in Spain today they are saying the lockdown will continue into May ...already crawling the walls be a raving lunatic when and if we are let loose...

I know I'm bored stiff too, hope the Ferry is still running, but it could change if they extend the lock down into May as there won't be enough traffic coming to Spain to from the UK to make it viable.

We're hoping to stay self contained in the van until we get home apart from the 24 hours on the ferry were we will stay in our cabin.
I'm not sure but believe you'd have no alternative as friends waiting for the ferry before you haven't been told its cancelled yet and have the idea that all passengers are confined to cabins and there is no facilities open so take some food an drink.

Not surprised it’s likely to be may, if that soon.
desperate to escape but think it will be UK trips b4 we get allowed elsewhere.
dose of post Brexit as a taster!!!!😩

Perhaps, if you could camouflage the van to look like a commercial vehicle, you could sneak through as freight. The Connemara is still sailing from Spain to Pompey.

Friends here in Portugal just booked on ferry 26/5 with their dog. Just waiting to see if it gets cancelled. They were returning in march but stayed due to lockdown, and the fact that their jobs were lost ( wedding industry) . Same situation as us, have resident status and home here.

Just received an email from Brittany ferries, our crossing from Santander to Portsmouth on the 3rd May has been cancelled. Looks like we are now going to have to go through France in order to get back to the UK, don't fancy waiting any longer to see if Brittany put the ferries back on later in Spain. They are not offering a refund but a voucher instead that you have two years to use. I paid for it with my credit card so hopefully I can get a refund through them.

Copy of the email, they are just supplying a voucher.
Screenshot_20200415-165225.png

Just had a look on there website and there are no bookings for ferries now from Spain until the 16th May, not risk booking one as that to could get cancelled nearer the time, can't see this ending any time soon, even though Spain has been locked down longer that the UK with stricter measures in place there were still over 5000 new cases yesterday. Can't see things getting back to normal unless a vaccine becomes available.

The assembly in N. Ireland has just announced a further 3 week lockdown, can’t see the rest of the UK being far behind, nor can I see the ferry companies reinstating passenger travel until the FCO approves travel. The EU seem to be making noises about borders staying closed (aside from essential travel) until the end of September.

Davy

Our friends have had their ferry cancelled today as well heres the letter to transit Spain and the form req to return thru France obtained here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/french-personal-travel-waiver-certificate
View attachment 79452

Thanks as anyone got any reference to the paragraph you write at the bottom of the French attensation form to say you are traveling back to your UK address. I believe this has to be in French to, as it doesn't give you this option on the tickbox answers for the reason for your travels.

Did You down load the English version looks like you'd tick this one in second section

European Union or assimilated countries nationals2:

Individuals transiting through France to reach their residence, accompanied by their spouse and children;

Screenshot (88).png

Last edited:
Did You down load the English version looks like you'd tick this one in second section

European Union or assimilated countries nationals2:

Individuals transiting through France to reach their residence, accompanied by their spouse and children;

I've downloaded then both, but there is no option on either of them to tick a box saying you are making your way back to your residence in the UK. I believe you are supposed to write that option in in French.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back