Booked myself an appointment

After the over 75s gps have played no part in the rollout here, which seems to have slowed it down in relation to other areas. My wife is still not vaccinated and is over 60.
Has she had any notification about it at all?
After making enquiries last week I got this email back yesterday ....

"Thank you for your enquiry about a missing COVID-19 vaccination appointment. Unfortunately, we cannot find your details on our centralised appointment system. We have passed your enquiry on to your Health Board for further investigation.
If you do not receive an update from your health board or a letter informing you of your vaccination appointment, within the next week, then please phone the national helpline on 0800 030 8013 (available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week). ...."

If I hadn't have made a call, I would say I would have never been down for a jab at all ! I guess it is maybe as I am a new patient? (Only been registered for 11 years). Or maybe a one-off error (probably like my OH at the same surgery for 20+ years who also has not heard a thing).

Has she had any notification about it at all?
After making enquiries last week I got this email back yesterday ....

"Thank you for your enquiry about a missing COVID-19 vaccination appointment. Unfortunately, we cannot find your details on our centralised appointment system. We have passed your enquiry on to your Health Board for further investigation.
If you do not receive an update from your health board or a letter informing you of your vaccination appointment, within the next week, then please phone the national helpline on 0800 030 8013 (available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week). ...."

If I hadn't have made a call, I would say I would have never been down for a jab at all ! I guess it is maybe as I am a new patient? (Only been registered for 11 years). Or maybe a one-off error (probably like my OH at the same surgery for 20+ years who also has not heard a thing).

We contacted the national helpline a few weeks ago and she has an appointment on Friday. It was reading experiences of others on here that made us realise that we were well overdue. All appointments in our area are by postal notification.

Sounds like we are really lucky in this part of Norfolk then. Our surgery has always been brilliant even pre-COVID. It's all really odd as once jab given it appears to upload onto a register separate from NHS System 1 so they know who's been done without requiring access to patients notes. My wife as an assessor had to train up to register on the system. As soon as you put in patients name and DoB it brings name up and tells whether first or second jab, so surely they can easily formulate a reminder system.

AAC87D33-FBFE-4CA8-AB87-1483AE202EA2.jpeg

I got an invite to book a jab today. But nearest is currently 13.5 miles away so would be about a 30 mile round trip! I'll wait until they are available closer.
After all the travelling we are used to doing in our MH's 13 .5 miles is nothing , I had to travel 65 miles to get my first jab (130 round trip) My second jab is only 18 miles away, brilliant !

Pfiezer Biontec jab no2 today. Painless and extremely well organised at Darlington Memorial. No side effects other than a pain in the arm. Well done the NHS and all those involved in the vaccine research and roll out. Denise has had no2 as well and given her past chemo treatment and health issues we feel SSSOOOO much more secure and happy. Still adhearing to covid rules though!

From NHS Borders ....

"We are currently vaccinating those aged 60-64 years old, unpaid carers and those with underlying health conditions.
Appointments for those aged 50-59 will be scheduled next. We are receiving a lot of queries from people in this group asking if they have been missed. Please do not worry, your appointment will be arranged and sent to you in due course."

I am sure they are getting a lot of queries when there is a widely published commitment that everyone 50 and older in the UK (which includes Scotland?) who wants a jab will have had one by 15th April - and here with less than 3 weeks to go the delivery will be "in due course" :rolleyes:

AFAIK all staff at local hospital have been offered jab, quite how many took up the offer I don't know.

Very relieved that Susie finally got her first jab today. No date for the next one, but told to expect the full 12 weeks.
and with the slowdown in deliveries and a desire to make sure they have enough quantity for 2nd doses with the 12 week period, it wouldn't surprise me if after a certain date, no more first doses given regardless of JVCI Priority Group

• Sad
Reactions: 2cv
This is what Carol has done.

If your first jab was Pfizer you can phone the cancellation number on your letter and asked to be placed on standby for cancellations.

She says that by the end of the day she had a text with an appointment, but on the same day in the afternoon she got a phone call saying come as soon as it’s convenient. She said it was well worth the phone call. Because it is Pfizer there is pressure to use it up and someone usually cancels. 🤷‍♀️ (y)

had second phizzer jab last thursday..............she grapped a lump of flesh in upper arm..........and jabbed into it.........MY, DID IT HURT.......then it started bleeding and it took some time to stop it.......that night i noticed my vein......in the crook of my arm...(.where they usually take blood from) WAS SWOLLEN AND VERY BLUE and bruising ........now rather concerned that she may have accidently injected vaccine into a vein at the top of my arm.
anyone else had this happen..........not happy about it. rather worried.

had second phizzer jab last thursday..............she grapped a lump of flesh in upper arm..........and jabbed into it.........MY, DID IT HURT.......then it started bleeding and it took some time to stop it.......that night i noticed my vein......in the crook of my arm...(.where they usually take blood from) WAS SWOLLEN AND VERY BLUE and bruising ........now rather concerned that she may have accidently injected vaccine into a vein at the top of my arm.

Maybe worth ringing 111 for their advice.

Maybe worth ringing 111 for their advice.
thank you 2CV.......will probably give GP a ring tomorrow...........bruising and swelling in crook of arm went the next day Friday...however its still leaving me rather worried........take care

Reactions: 2cv
Called the (Scottish) National Helpdesk this afternoon as the email I got a week ago said call again if don't hear in a week ....

And this time on the system!
Seems like they might be working on basis of Postcodes rather then medical records or whatever, as there are two people in the house within the JCVI priority groups. One (the OH) has an appointment at the local hub in a couple of weeks time at 11:00 AM; the other (me) has an appointment on the same day at 11:05!

Dead handy, but given what I have read here about timing and locations of couples appointments, quite surprising :)

Sounds more a consequence of the application rather than the vaccine that was administered?
When I used to give blood it was a touch of pot luck if there was no bruising whatsoever or a big blue bruise.

I have "jumping veins" so hopefully will get the right bit stabbed when it is my turn!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back