Banned from parking Motorhome on driveway

I wouldn't.

Not everybody has the money for a flash van or the time to spend on them due to circumstances. I would love to see it restored.
Oh comer on! It is a wreck! He will never use that to holiday in. it is only just together. I would love to see it restored too, but looking at the rest of the rubbish and scrap on the drive, it isn't going to happen.

Oh comer on! It is a wreck! He will never use that to holiday in. it is only just together. I would love to see it restored too, but looking at the rest of the rubbish and scrap on the drive, it isn't going to happen.

The rest is no longer on his drive as he has stated (he being a member here). But the fact is that he has been banned from parking it on his driveway, and his neighbours don't mind so why should the council?

The rest is no longer on his drive as he has stated (he being a member here). But the fact is that he has been banned from parking it on his driveway, and his neighbours don't mind so why should the council?
Not everyone can afford a gin palace, I have had a few cars on my drive which looks scrap to anyone passing but they have eventually been restored and sold for a good profit, when I first opened my garage I relied on restoring cars until I built up enough customers, interesting enough a few of my neighbours mentioned it to me but once that I was up and running they all expected a discount, did I give a discount, NO, but they all thought that I did

Years back i had a complaint from 2 nutters living up my street, they drove a black BMW and said my old skodas brought the price op property down.
I of course to them to fook off, only to have my council viz me, they did not establish any biz running but stated only one car or a caravan & speed boat could be on a driveway, what bollocks as i pointed out one home had 3 cars one caravan on the drive and best they go harasse them, any way council dropped all enquires against me.
Then the BMW nutters moved out and a lady i know bought the bungalow, she told me it was 6 inches thick in what she discribed as cooking fat and dirt all over the floors etc and so filthy she had to get pros in to do a deep clean before she could decorate and move in.
Old saying here is fur coat & no nickers.

Yep, he MAY be a dreamer but he may not and no one has a crystal ball. If what he's doing doesn't hurt anyone or cause a health hazard or disturb then surely the guy should be left alone.
If what the guy is doing disagrees with you on the grounds of 'what it looks like' you're basically being like the people who accept cars being parked up overnight but object to campervans doing the same thing, ie, "spoil their view" etc.
I get what you're saying but don't you think you're taking a bit of a NIMBY view of things?

Many estates when they are built have a covenant preventing things like trade vehicles being parked on a drive, erecting fences on open plan front gardens, and one in Devon had one preventing residents from hanging washing out in view of the road (or something like that). All designed to make them look nice for prospective buyers. After the developers have gone bust though, there is no-one to take action if it is disobeyed.
I bought a house when I owned a caravan, pre-motorhome days. My solicitor (a fellow member of the caravan club I belonged to) at the meeting where they run through all the Ts and Cs pointed out that there is a covenant on the house that no caravans are to be kept forward of the house. There was no access to the rear. Solicitor said is the house or the caravan most important to you? I said the house. He said well go ahead and buy it. The covenant is between the house builder and the owner. The house builder has gone bust so they aren't going to pursue you. Check with the neighbours if they mind you keeping a caravan on the (large) drive. I asked the neighbours and they said we don't mind. So I bought the house, moved in and then got a nasty letter from Mr Nasty neighbour saying move it. Put it in a storage facility, I have found you one, here are the contact details, the cost is £x per month. So I thought blow you, I'll change the caravan for a Winnebago, you can't stop me keeping that on the drive, it's a motor vehicle. So I sold the caravan and bought a much bigger motorhome and parked that.
There are no Covenant Police patrolling, looking for caravans parked on driveways of houses with covenants. Having said that, I guess there are officious councillors.
On a different occasion I moved from a house where it took the Police 8 days to respond to my report that I was being shot at. (they had previously reprimanded me for dialling 999 when I saw my beighbour's house being burgled). I moved to a new property with a wide grass verge at the front. On the morning of moving I arrived in my car before the removal lorry, and parked on the grass verge to allow the removal men to reverse on to the driveway. Within 15 minutes the Police arrived telling me I can't park on the grass. I greeted them and almost gave them a hug and said I am going to love living here - in my last house it took you 8 days to respond to my report that I was being shot at, and here if I want the Police all I have to do is park on the grass verge. His response was 'well you need to know that a councillor lives nearby'.

Last edited:
I bought a house when I owned a caravan, pre-motorhome days. My solicitor (a fellow member of the caravan club I belonged to) at the meeting where they run through all the Ts and Cs pointed out that there is a covenant on the house that no caravans are to be kept forward of the house. There was no access to the rear. Solicitor said is the house or the caravan most important to you? I said the house. He said well go ahead and buy it. The covenant is between the house builder and the owner. The house builder has gone bust so they aren't going to pursue you. Check with the neighbours if they mind you keeping a caravan on the (large) drive. I asked the neighbours and they said we don't mind. So I bought the house, moved in and then got a nasty letter from Mr Nasty neighbour saying move it. Put it in a storage facility, I have found you one, here are the contact details, the cost is £x per month. So I thought blow you, I'll change the caravan for a Winnebago, you can't stop me keeping that on the drive, it's a motor vehicle. So I sold the caravan and bought a much bigger motorhome and parked that.
There are no Covenant Police patrolling, looking for caravans parked on driveways of houses with covenants. Having said that, I guess there are officious councillors.
On a different occasion I moved from a house where it took the Police 8 days to respond to my report that I was being shot at. (they had previously reprimanded me for dialling 999 when I saw my beighbour's house being burgled). I moved to a new property with a wide grass verge at the front. On the morning of moving I arrived in my car before the removal lorry, and parked on the grass verge to allow the removal men to reverse on to the driveway. Within 15 minutes the Police arrived telling me I can't park on the grass. I greeted them and almost gave them a hug and said I am going to love living here - in my last house it took you 8 days to respond to my report that I was being shot at, and here if I want the Police all I have to do is park on the grass verge. His response was 'well you need to know that a councillor lives nearby'.
Well done you mate 🤗

Just because we hold a land certificate issued by a non governmental company does not mean anyone owns! A property.
Now that controversial however it is what it is
My only word of caution is make sure you hold the historical deeds safe, otherwise even less proof of possession ( not ownership)
Suggest a search of land ownership and land fraud which is rife

I think the council are just being bloody minded.

They stop him parking on his drive which his immediate neighbours don't mind so he has to park on the road taking up parking spaces and making it dangerous to do minor jobs on. It doesn't need an MOT or tax and I assume it is insured so there is nothing they can do about him parking there.

Who wins?

I think this is really all about live and let live, and common sense. My missives don’t allow parking of trailers and caravans, but we had two caravans on driveways, and no one as far as I am aware complained. It also stated no commercial vehicles well there are a few of them. My van is parked on one side of a double driveway, with my car in the garage when not in use. I sometimes wonder if England is at breaking point with so many living in such a small country. This is bound to lead to acrimony, and stupidity, and in my honest opinion that’s exactly what this is. What harm is anyone doing parking a motorhome on their drive, GEEEEZZZ.

That's a mini pickup on the trailer, looks like it has a crane on the back. He should restore that, and maybe leave off the crane. They are very very rare and worth a LOT of money.
I made mention earlier in this thread of a wreck of a Mini that sold at auction for a huge amount of money. Here is a short youtube clip of the event.

Usually a neighbour complains to the council so they have to respond , the van has to be removed Usually within 2 weeks

the van has to be removed Usually within 2 weeks
Yeh, the council will say it has to be removed in 2 weeks but that's scaremongering and bullying tactics which the council are excellent at. Chances are it doesn't have to be removed at all and in that case the council are inventing laws and clauses which is nothing short of lying. IF it did need removing due to a covenant etc then the whole process could take ages if the owner chose to argue the toss. Two weeks my arse, they'd be lucky if the even got a reply in 2 weeks from me never mind a resolution.😡

During lockdown the owner was forced to leave this Iveco on my drive for weeks, the neighbour on my right asked me to move it,no idea why but it was during Covid and people were acting very weirdly!

So I swapped it with another one same colour different make and model!

They are going to have to put up with my latest project it’s an even bigger yellow Iveco and although I can get it into my fields I have no intention of doing so very often!

IMG_0256.jpeg

4C537DFC-4242-4143-AB53-22C1BD11CDB5_Original.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:324)

Scotia, GeoffL, mariesnowgoose, 2cv, vindiboy, neilmac, Charlynch, Makzine, mark61, tony, Sharon the Cat, Nabsim, exwindsurfer, trixie88, TJBi, maingate, peejay, n brown, Topmast, ewen, CHAIRMAN, AllanD, chrishunter, guerdeval, cornish hymer, TeamRienza, Moonraker 2, Fazerloz, mikejay, Tezza33, colinm, mistericeman, MartinFife, Alberto, andyjanet, JVG, clarkpeacock, smg, GMJ, flying kipper, Tim120, TissyD, wildebus, Biggarmac, Robmac, barryd, Jo001, number14, winks, 1 Cup, shortcircuit, oppy, Tonybvi, bartman, paulhelenwilko, NSY, ChrisvH, Steve and Julie, Victor, runnach, witzend, Fisherman, V1nny, britcoms, davep10000, katv, jann, Pauljenny, Matchlock, kingfisher1, jacquigem, harrow, Bubble, Mossystone, Debroos, yorkslass, korky, bdastu, Wildrock, Val54, 1807truckman, saxonborg, Heppy, Team ST, DTF, merl, Drover, AdriaTwin, kevlakes, The laird, Dezi, izwozral, regnarts, ton27, Canalsman, aross, MrRob, Obanboy666, stonedaddy, kensowerby, alcam, jeanette, Motoroamer, jagmanx, RichardHelen262, Wooie1958, SimonM, blind pew, ajb70, hamsterberg27, pl1980, trevskoda, MikeRS, Hornet49, caledonia, Wightman, SCRUMPY BOY, Neckender, tobym, Winger, zzr1400tim, gabby82, Ian1968, belbri, alan1958, robarnold, GinaRon, terrywolf, Nigel L, horace, st3v3, Monkeybrand, Glass man, noah and nelly, Boris7, Okta, RSD7a, Kennymac, dvla3336, Budgie, Owen M, Twithooks, Glandwr, wilsal, BigAldo, Costers, Irishroaming, The Jacks, Moped, amcjam, iampatman, vwalan, campingfun, MrKenny, Mikexx, Admin, Herman, DAVEY, scampa, Gerry Attrick, AndyWill64, alwaysared, liz, ChrissyW, Livotlout, undertaker, walpeter, rambrose, kernewek, barge1914, bmc, Martin P, Handel10, Gadabout2, rottiontour, ricc, Faith shields, Rod, Borders2, molly 2, glekay, marchie, lthoel2, GMLS, RamblingRobochick, landie50, Bouydog, denmar, mike w, BOTCANU, Caz, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Wully, wints, Tartarus, UFO, rugbyken, Toyotaman, elfish, mick n jules, The Blade, Silew, mry716, Ken Parsons, terrytur, yeoblade, marchhare, popeye1958, Tillymint, QFour, Peisinoe, littlemaisy, barrypat, Owlhouse, campervanannie, bazzybabes, Rumour, Moocher, Dads Train, jennyp19, boggie, Rob H, euro28, Lee, jeffmossy, Sheila Bryant, Pete Rachel, Wandering scots, reiverlad, Minisorella, motorwaycafe, Divine Right, TreeTopRainbow, CyderT1N, Welsh Wizard, Goofer, normanandsue, ian-trish, Rolyan57, Rutaria, Harrytherid, gasgas, TonyEmm, Eriba, Texastom, RoaminRog, roadroamer, Alf, 2Coops, alanfleming, Meloc8, veletron, iandsm, Bigshug, Pete morgan, Hagg3066, smackaylvit, cooperman, Wardy73, Ex Greeny, 11ALB, WingNut, ruddock, Daz65, RegnVal, bnb080, MrU, ChrisInNotts, Major Tom, Thistle, Ted, RogerO, Redcallaway1, Cliffb, NeilyG, bluelagoon, 955itriple, gripseven, defect, Linda, smycker, Mikecoo, Den, Weefifer, ultrawoman72, rjmurchie, matbic, HurricaneSmith, Les and penny, Di1234, Steve, maxsdad, Dowel, slade, b0p, Skyrakes, trooper2000, adriahome, Davethorpeo, johnnygm7lsi, bjh, Old Man Down, Maguika1, royh28, onion, davef, tripper, Spike, Reikiman, wrp, craig9760, pj650, Rodders1234, Roy Laura, Ali-lou, Juanita, ironman, mygrassisblue, Gazzer01, GeorgeK, CuckooChaser, Windy6, teckguy, skippy,
Back