Banned from parking Motorhome on driveway

r4dent

I'm surprised they can do this.

I have heard of new estates being built that there is a clause within the deeds from doing such a thing, I was asked by the council many years ago to move my Race transporter from the drive as it was considered a fire hazard but that was when I had a council house and they did have a say on what you could/couldn't do. I had no longer moved it when a neighbour came to my door asking to put his car in my drive whilst it was off the road, he was told to go away. I wonder if it was him who contacted the council? :unsure:

Not much background info other than the usual lazy and shoddy journalistic writing. Slow news day?

I'm guessing - always dangerous! - that he lives in council or housing association property. Certainly looks like it by the state of the pavement next to the van! 😜😂

And the only photo you see is of the vehicle parked in the street, no pics of his driveway or other stuff which may be the actual cause of the problem... 🤔

"A council spokesperson said: "We spoke to the owner about the problem but were unable to reach an agreement for the area to be tidied. Council officers issued a tidy-up notice which required the vehicle and trailer to be removed from the driveway and the waste to be tidied up.
'The owner has made an appeal against the tidy-up notice and we are awaiting the outcome of it. This matter has been handled under normal council procedures'."

Now I'm not saying that the local council - Worcester? Looks pretty well to do, probably has it's fair share of curtain twitchers and Mrs Buckets! 😉 :ROFLMAO: :cool: - is not being heavy-handed here. I've come across some pretty daft council stuff similar to this going on round where I live, chasing really petty stuff while totally ignoring the much bigger and more serious problems. Very much donkeys led by donkeys, but might be more to this story than the brief attention-grabbing media headline.

Just sayin' 🤷‍♀️

I have heard of new estates being built that there is a clause within the deeds from doing such a thing, I was asked by the council many years ago to move my Race transporter from the drive as it was considered a fire hazard but that was when I had a council house and they did have a say on what you could/couldn't do. I had no longer moved it when a neighbour came to my door asking to put his car in my drive whilst it was off the road, he was told to go away. I wonder if it was him who contacted the council? :unsure:
Many estates when they are built have a covenant preventing things like trade vehicles being parked on a drive, erecting fences on open plan front gardens, and one in Devon had one preventing residents from hanging washing out in view of the road (or something like that). All designed to make them look nice for prospective buyers. After the developers have gone bust though, there is no-one to take action if it is disobeyed.

I'm surprised they can do this.

If it's council (or more housing association these days) and not privately owned, then they have considerable powers to make you keep your outside area to a certain standard.

This has always been the case since the council house building program which was instigated just after WW2, just it's not always enforced.

In this case I suspect he has a neighbour, or neighbours, similar to Sam's experience above, who have pressured the council into taking action.

Like I said - probably curtain twitchers, Mrs Buckets and various other small-minded snobs 🙃😜

Last edited:
i always understood that complainants can't be secret . you ask ,they have to tell you
some traveller mates , being evicted , got the names and letters from all the moaners via their lawyer . made very entertaining reading ,loads of obvious lies

From 1st April he doesn’t need to tax it and as it’s exempt from MOT already all it needs is classic vehicle insurance and to be roadworthy and he’s got some pretty cheap motoring costs. I think he’d struggle on the ‘roadworthy’ bit though.

From 1st April he doesn’t need to tax it and as it’s exempt from MOT already all it needs is classic vehicle insurance and to be roadworthy and he’s got some pretty cheap motoring costs. I think he’d struggle on the ‘roadworthy’ bit though.
I was just going to post similar points, if he insures it he can park it on the road, it has to be roadworthy to drive it but I would think that he wants it to be roadworthy anyway and who is going to check if it is roadworthy if it is parked.
I would find out who complained and park it in front of his house :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At my last but one house there was a lorry driver living a few doors away who always parked his Tractor unit outside his house as it was too big to go on his drive. He was a hard working bloke but a bit rough round the edges but he owned the vehicle and was just trying to make a living.

All the neighbours were up in arms and trying to take action against it being there, they asked me to sign a petition and I said no. This annoyed me a bit so I went round his house and his wife answered the door. I asked her if It was her husband who owned the Tractor unit and if I could speak to him, she went back in for a minute and then came back and said "Kev said tell you to f**k off".

I insisted on seeing him and he came to the door eventually, I explained that I lived in the house at the top of the road and I had a big drive which was somewhat wasted so if he would like to park the unit there...

He was parked on my drive for 2 years and we became good mates. Hardly any of the other neighbours ever spoke to me again - win win!

I was just going to post similar points, if he insures it he can park it on the road, it has to be roadworthy to drive it but I would think that he wants it to be roadworthy anyway and who is going to check if it is roadworthy if it is parked.
I would find out who complained and park it in front of his house :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think he has, it looks like a row of maisonettes overlook his front drive and now it’s parked outside the maisonettes

At my last but one house there was a lorry driver living a few doors away who always parked his Tractor unit outside his house as it was too big to go on his drive. He was a hard working bloke but a bit rough round the edges but he owned the vehicle and was just trying to make a living.

All the neighbours were up in arms and trying to take action against it being there, they asked me to sign a petition and I said no. This annoyed me a bit so I went round his house and his wife answered the door. I asked her if It was her husband who owned the Tractor unit and if I could speak to him, she went back in for a minute and then came back and said "Kev said tell you to f**k off".

I insisted on seeing him and he came to the door eventually, I explained that I lived in the house at the top of the road and I had a big drive which was somewhat wasted so if he would like to park the unit there...

He was parked on my drive for 2 years and we became good mates. Hardly any of the other neighbours ever spoke to me again - win win!
So it's not just your humour that's twisted.😉😂

This is google maps, the van might just be the best thing on his drive
IMG_1142.jpeg

Just live in fear ! That's what the system is all about. The academics love it .
theses thuckers just need to be punched in the face , to see that words are not violent ! If your pittyfull

Remember you can always!!!.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:323)

Scotia, GeoffL, mariesnowgoose, 2cv, vindiboy, neilmac, Charlynch, Makzine, mark61, tony, Sharon the Cat, Nabsim, exwindsurfer, trixie88, TJBi, maingate, peejay, n brown, Topmast, ewen, CHAIRMAN, AllanD, chrishunter, guerdeval, cornish hymer, TeamRienza, Moonraker 2, Fazerloz, mikejay, Tezza33, colinm, mistericeman, MartinFife, Alberto, andyjanet, JVG, clarkpeacock, smg, GMJ, flying kipper, Tim120, TissyD, wildebus, Biggarmac, Robmac, barryd, Jo001, number14, winks, 1 Cup, shortcircuit, oppy, Tonybvi, bartman, paulhelenwilko, NSY, ChrisvH, Steve and Julie, Victor, runnach, witzend, Fisherman, V1nny, britcoms, davep10000, katv, jann, Pauljenny, Matchlock, kingfisher1, jacquigem, harrow, Bubble, Mossystone, Debroos, yorkslass, korky, bdastu, Wildrock, Val54, 1807truckman, saxonborg, Heppy, Team ST, DTF, merl, Drover, AdriaTwin, kevlakes, The laird, Dezi, izwozral, regnarts, ton27, Canalsman, aross, MrRob, Obanboy666, stonedaddy, kensowerby, alcam, jeanette, Motoroamer, jagmanx, RichardHelen262, Wooie1958, SimonM, blind pew, ajb70, hamsterberg27, pl1980, trevskoda, MikeRS, Hornet49, caledonia, Wightman, SCRUMPY BOY, Neckender, tobym, Winger, zzr1400tim, gabby82, Ian1968, belbri, alan1958, robarnold, GinaRon, terrywolf, Nigel L, horace, st3v3, Monkeybrand, Glass man, noah and nelly, Boris7, Okta, RSD7a, Kennymac, dvla3336, Budgie, Owen M, Twithooks, Glandwr, wilsal, BigAldo, Costers, Irishroaming, The Jacks, Moped, amcjam, iampatman, vwalan, campingfun, MrKenny, Mikexx, Admin, Herman, DAVEY, scampa, Gerry Attrick, AndyWill64, alwaysared, liz, ChrissyW, Livotlout, undertaker, walpeter, rambrose, kernewek, barge1914, bmc, Martin P, Handel10, Gadabout2, rottiontour, ricc, Faith shields, Rod, Borders2, molly 2, glekay, marchie, lthoel2, GMLS, RamblingRobochick, landie50, Bouydog, denmar, mike w, BOTCANU, Caz, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Wully, wints, Tartarus, UFO, rugbyken, Toyotaman, elfish, mick n jules, The Blade, Silew, mry716, Ken Parsons, terrytur, yeoblade, marchhare, popeye1958, Tillymint, QFour, Peisinoe, littlemaisy, barrypat, Owlhouse, campervanannie, bazzybabes, Rumour, Moocher, Dads Train, jennyp19, boggie, Rob H, euro28, Lee, jeffmossy, Sheila Bryant, Pete Rachel, Wandering scots, reiverlad, Minisorella, motorwaycafe, Divine Right, TreeTopRainbow, CyderT1N, Welsh Wizard, Goofer, normanandsue, ian-trish, Rolyan57, Rutaria, Harrytherid, gasgas, TonyEmm, Eriba, Texastom, RoaminRog, roadroamer, Alf, 2Coops, alanfleming, Meloc8, veletron, iandsm, Bigshug, Pete morgan, Hagg3066, smackaylvit, cooperman, Wardy73, Ex Greeny, 11ALB, WingNut, ruddock, Daz65, RegnVal, bnb080, MrU, ChrisInNotts, Major Tom, Thistle, Ted, RogerO, Redcallaway1, Cliffb, NeilyG, bluelagoon, 955itriple, gripseven, defect, Linda, smycker, Mikecoo, Den, Weefifer, ultrawoman72, rjmurchie, matbic, HurricaneSmith, Les and penny, Di1234, Steve, maxsdad, Dowel, slade, b0p, Skyrakes, trooper2000, adriahome, Davethorpeo, johnnygm7lsi, bjh, Old Man Down, Maguika1, royh28, onion, davef, tripper, Spike, Reikiman, wrp, craig9760, pj650, Rodders1234, Roy Laura, Ali-lou, Juanita, ironman, mygrassisblue, Gazzer01, GeorgeK, CuckooChaser, Windy6, teckguy,
Back