Withdrawal of LPG pumps from all Shell Service Stations 2020

Possibly.
I have hope of a worldwide Fiat money collapse.
I'm not convinced they can hold it together for decades longer and I hope we still have at least a couple of decades to go before complete human control becomes a technological possibility.

Our local Morrisons have recently had a new LPG pump fitted, so hopefully there are no plans to get rid of it just yet

Our local Morrisons have recently had a new LPG pump fitted, so hopefully there are no plans to get rid of it just yet

That's pleasing to hear.
I found Morrisons to be competitive on LPG price although not the absolute cheapest. I hope they are intending on taking up the slack from the Shell decision.

Our local Shell site has had the handle changed its not surprising no one uses it. Big blue plastic thing to keep your dainty little fingers out the way of that horrible cold gas and a bluddy great bolt with spaces that makes it so difficult to fit the nozzle without damaging the paintwork. The manager said they have at least one complaint a week about damage. Just have to use Morrison’s now. Have downloaded CSV file so I can find them.

Our local Shell site has had the handle changed its not surprising no one uses it. Big blue plastic thing to keep your dainty little fingers out the way of that horrible cold gas and a bluddy great bolt with spaces that makes it so difficult to fit the nozzle without damaging the paintwork. The manager said they have at least one complaint a week about damage. Just have to use Morrison’s now. Have downloaded CSV file so I can find them.

Filling is very unwieldy and as you state some are far worse than others. The easiest to use were the ones without all the gubbins you describe.
It would have been nice to see the development of a slow release of the gas from the nozzle when uncoupling to prevent the need for the collar. With a bigger take up I'm sure it would have happened.

See the filling stations don’t want to miss out on recharging either. They will be putting in restrooms to go with their Costa Coffee while you wait. They are going to have to do something about filling up with electric hanging around for a couple of hours is not really on. How do you go on visiting friends if you need a top up your friends will soon cotton on that they are paying to fill your car up. Hydrogen sounds good but it does go bang as I found out in the school chemistry lab one night after school. We were picking up bits of glass for weeks. Chemicals didn’t do the nice varnished desks much good either.

I suppose it’s just a Basic business decision based on ‘Supply & Demand, It’s another example o ‘Use it or Loose it’ !.
Or is this just the thin end of the wedge to get people back to exchange bottles again Shell supply bottled gas

It appears to me that people will be doing away with the drip feed repair costs and replacing them with one very big bill every few years; the battery bank.

Most cars don't require a massive multi thousand pound repair in their lifetime but all electric cars will. How will people budget for that?

Regardless, in winter we are on the cusp of failing to meet electricity demand in the UK at various times therefore we cannot supply the electric for us all to be driving them unless........
They reintroduce the solar incentives previously given that saw a boom in solar installations.
However, instead of that they are forcing us all to have smart meters so they can introduce multiple tariffs for electricity dependant on demand (you may have heard this here first?).
You are not forced to have a smart meter. I told them to "do one".

You are not forced to have a smart meter. I told them to "do one".

True. Not yet.
They do use language though that suggests you have to have one installed and they do not accept the first refusal as the end of the matter; they keep pressing.

i don't (and won't for as long as possible) have one.

Just thinking if you had a large gas tank at home for c/heating as many out of town here do,could you not tap into that for filling your camper refillable gas bottles.

Just thinking if you had a large gas tank at home for c/heating as many out of town here do,could you not tap into that for filling your camper refillable gas bottles.

Yes and no.
Although you could do it (many parts of dubious legality on eBay to help you along) it would be rather quiet on here without you (the day after it all went wrong as it inevitably would).

True. Not yet.
They do use language though that suggests you have to have one installed and they do not accept the first refusal as the end of the matter; they keep pressing. i don't (and won't for as long as possible) have one.
We've held out as well but now we can get a cheaper rate by having one

Have converted Sylvia to LPG as cheaper to run so saddened by the fact that this is happening.
Hopefully Morrisons and Asda where cheapest LPG seems to be sold will continue vending it

We've held out as well but now we can get a cheaper rate by having one

Yes. It is one of the many tactics they will use to 'force' you to have one.
Many of the cheapest tariffs with each supplier are only available with a smart meter installed.

Travelling round the outskirts of Swindon yesterday there was a sign ‘For hydrogen fuelling station follow Honda’

do Honda have hydrogen powered vehicles on our roads?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back