What Do you Drive

Hi all
mines a vw t4 high top. Not really the right size van for me, would like something bigger but just can't afford to change at the moment but am going to make the most of it and get out there wild camping.
Anyone got any ideas on making the best use of space in a t4 ?
ie: I've seen a small rear end tent that fits on the bay window t2 vans, anyone know if you can get them for the t4 ?
Also would it be possible to rig up a shower that attaches to the side of the van I've heard they use these short of showers on boats !!
I know you can get awnings to fit on the side, but would they just attrach attention to me if I'm wild camping ?

www.piotrpixs.com

Hi all, mine is a self build transit conversion, 2000 year SWB MR smiley 2.5Di Transit, hopefully i will get an Iveco to start converting soon. Theres a bllody good club for self builders of all types if you are interested, its called the Self Build Motorcaravan club, ran by a good bunch of enthuisiatic amatuers who will help anyone.

Try www.sbmcc.co.uk

Last edited:
Started off by camping at Motorcycle Rallies in the 70's continued camping for many years. Following a long break and the usual package holidays, I longed to convert a Merc 316 LWB and take to the roads once again. However poor health put a stop to that. So upon being made redundant in July 06, I cashed in the pension and bought a 2nd hand 2003 Peugot 2.0Hdi Autosleeper Symbol. I'm particulary drawn to Wild Camping because of our interest in Birdwatching/ Wildlife and photography as we like to get off the beaten track a lot.

Last edited:
Cor blimey haven'y you got biguns? It's not the size that counts!

We drive in a Ford Freda, most commonly known as a Bongo which is fine for the over night wild camping but we need a base for the awning.

Simular to this one

Attachments

• gary_hawkins.jpg
    gary_hawkins.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 131
Size matters?

Bongomaniac said:
Cor blimey haven'y you got biguns? It's not the size that counts!

We drive in a Ford Freda, most commonly known as a Bongo which is fine for the over night wild camping but we need a base for the awning.

Simular to this one

I agree that size "shouldn't" matter but with three littlens 10 and under, water porters, Kipor genny, 4 bicycles and 1 tagalong, awning sides, bbq, beer, wine, fresh drinking bottles etc etc, oh and the missus, I'm afraid it does in my case!

Betsy van

Hi all what i drive is a Ford Transit ex Bt feild van converted by myself into a camper,plan was for to maximise the room in the back.
the dasboard is one big solar panel so i have to park the van facing south if its sunny,self fit panels are not as exspensive as you may think ,my 28watt panel was £40 new from ebay compared to £240 from rip off van mag ads
which i can talk about again.
my sat system is not for sky tv but picks up any provider so if a hill is in the way i can turn the dish say to the west for hispisat Spain all ch's have english sub audio no problems for latest movies as the Humax 5400z can pirate any system except sky which would be illegal in this country but the others are not from here and vice versa.
I live in Kilmarnock never ever like going to sites prefer to wild camp
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/scooterman_2007/VAN3.jpg

Last edited:
Latest RV

We started off with a little 12ft caravan, then an Autosleeper Talisman on a 2.0ltr D Peugeot, then a Winnebago Brave - you name it - it had it!... but where the hell do you park it in town? And difficult to do a sneeky wild 'un in. Then had a folding trailer tent - BIG mistake! Then an Avondale 18ft caravan and a Bongo... and now a Chausson Welcome 70 low profile on a Fiat 2.8jdi. This is the best compromise we could find, fixed double bed, shower and seats four or five round the table for lunch, and economical enough to use as every day transport in the winter! (Too much of a wooz to get wet on the Triumph!). Somewhere in between all this we bought a boat and thought carrying a tent would be a great idea to extend our days out into weekends... even BIGGER mistake than the Conway... I thought camping was the best part of being in the scouts... but then EVERYTHING is new and great when you're ten yrs old - I'm sure the ground was softer in the good ol' days! Bloody global warming must have hardened it up a bit!!!

scooter said:
Hi all what i drive is a Ford Transit ex Bt feild van converted by myself into a camper,plan was for to maximise the room in the back.
the dasboard is one big solar panel so i have to park the van facing south if its sunny,self fit panels are not as exspensive as you may think ,my 28watt panel was £40 new from ebay compared to £240 from rip off van mag ads
which i can talk about again.
my sat system is not for sky tv but picks up any provider so if a hill is in the way i can turn the dish say to the west for hispisat Spain all ch's have english sub audio no problems for latest movies as the Humax 5400z can pirate any system except sky which would be illegal in this country but the others are not from here and vice versa.
I live in Kilmarnock never ever like going to sites prefer to wild camp
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/scooterman_2007/VAN3.jpg
hello there,:eek: scooter

we have a 1988 swift capri our first, enjoying it lots so no doubt it won't be our last

Small but cosy

Mazda Bongo.....Black with mirror glass and elevating roof. Sleep inside in the cold and up top in the summer....great fun and doesnt look too much like a camper with the roof down. Never get bothered. J

we drive a 2001 mclouis 261 on fiat ducato,our 1st motorhome,we love her :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back