What Do you Drive

:D Hi Pat P. We started off with a little camper for touring around in. When we went Full-Timing, we bought a 32ft US Motorhome, then 18 months ago bought another 30ft US Motorhome that turned out to be not BIG enough. We now have a 1996 Newmar Mountain Aire 38ft with slide-out. Sandy has already managed to fill every Nook & Cranny. Looks like the next step is a 40 footer. :(

Hi all.
We have a Kontiki 655. bought it Oct 04, just passed first MOT TODAY, this is our 5th van in many years travelling. had caravans previous. Havent got the confidence to drive this van much, drove all our others. <_<
Carebear

Hi Folks,

Newbie here and here is my van. A 1988 VW T25 Panel van.

Dscf1281.jpg

Dscf1283.jpg

Myself and my future wife will be touring the westcountry in it over the begining of august on our honeymoon. I need to pull my finger out and build an interior for it asap!

Nick

hi nick, great van. could i suggest as 1st addition some classy curtains ,always good for honeymoon trips.

what sort of place do you wild it JSW with a 38f'ter
must be a flamin big lay by lol :ph34r:

Well, I have a North American Toyota Tundra pick up truck with the littlest hardside camper you can find. I can't stand up in it. I almost can under the emergency vent, but not quite. It's moulded fiberglass and that's why I picked.

As with all truck campers, this baby goes many places other types of vehicles won't go. It's only 2wd, but it has great clearance.

:)

hi and croeso cornelius
is that your van?

i had to build my own because my otherhalf is 6'2'' so i had to make an extra long bunk. it's based on an ex ambulance.
funny enough Lk the only place she can stand upright in that is under the roof vent [and only when it's open...]

Cornelius, I could see your demountable (truck camper to me) from 'the other computer', but I can't see it now. :wacko:

Roi, I can't stand up in mine, not because I'm so tall, but because mine is on the keep it simple principle. It's little.

Originally posted by Little Kopit@Apr 6 2006, 09:50 PM
Cornelius, I could see your demountable (truck camper to me) from 'the other computer', but I can't see it now. :wacko:

No problem here Lynne, I can still see the pics. :huh:

I drive this one
<--------

Arrgh - avatars have dissapeared!

Picture attached.....

Last edited:
Mine is a converted VW T3 panel van running a 1.9TDI
(stealth camper)
I was using a Bedford Rascal untill 6 months ago.. could hide that one anywhere

Last edited:
hi we have a talbot express autosleeper popup roof handy for all those hight barriers when i got it the tin worm had had a banquet on the lower panels but with new panels fitted she has been saved from the big camp site in the sky it has a 2ltr petrol engine 62000 miles and suprisingley quite economical to run just to say im new to this site but it is great for info keep lucky stay safe will be back

Hi, coming from a completely different angle,we drive a nice 1998 VW T4 1200 2.5lt "day" van. It has two side sliding doors with fixed tinted windows, two swivel captains front seats and three removable rear seats, sun roof above the rear seats. It is carpeted through to the back and has never been used as a commercial van.

When camping we use an awning to the side of the van, remove as many as the seats as possible then fix the bed in the back of the van.

This method means we can use the van as a big car during the week, then as a day van or camper on the weekends.

Really great vehicle, we love it.

Hi all,
Mine's a VW T4 with two singles or double.
Not had it long but love it all the same.
Looking to go to festivals, meets, wildcamping and just go off whenever the fancy takes me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back