Wetherby Old Stastion Car Park BEWARE NASTY RESIDENT so watch out

Maingate I take your point thank you BUT I for obvious reasons didnt attempt to follow him up the steps which he easily climbed to his property.He soon came back down the said steps again quite easily with his phone and started taking pictures of our Motorhome.This was the point where I came out of the camper on the blind side i/e by the wall and suprised him because I think up to this point he thought my wife was the only vehicle occupant.I have reported him by email to the council as soon as I got home from our holiday cut short due to his behaviour.I gave them his car details and registration number and approcimate area where he lived i/e the Road name so would not be hard to trace him.Whether they do anything is in the councils hands BUT all this was on CCTV so he will have a job if confronted by the council to wiggle out of this.I also have pictures of him and His Red Vauxhall.Others on this forum have taken the view that I am picking on an unfortunate individual who has needs different to me due to his blue Badge which I knew nothing about until he removed it from his Vauxhall and shoved it in my face and then requesting us to **** OFF out of the car park which he claimed was only there for the residents use.Before I emailed the council I did check their criteria for holding a blue badge and it related to limited mobility or terminal illness issues.He obviously seemed to me to be as fit as a fiddle the way he fastly walked up and down the car park.And as I have stated earlier in this thread he could easily have parked right by the steps if he was of limited mobility in his limbs.

I would have thought you'd need the blue badge details to report misuse

I would have thought you'd need the blue badge details to report misuse

Surely the registration number will identify him as the car owner and his mugshot was on the Blue Badge and the vehicle registration at the DVLA will show his name and his address not rocket science to trace.And he is on CCTV which obviously slipped his brain when he decided to park tight on us and give us grief.

The blue badge thing isn’t really the issue. If you were parked correctly in the first place using a marked bay I doubt anything would have happened.

The blue badge thing isn’t really the issue. If you were parked correctly in the first place using a marked bay I doubt anything would have happened.

your post earlier originally Posted by caledonia
*I may be wrong but in order for him to block you in you must have been parked length ways across the bays for him to park in front of you?*
My Answer esrlier to you *Correct we were parked lengthways BUT there are no marked bays*

are you reading the posts Caledonia or just trying to get a rise from me.I answered your post earlier this afternoon and have said many times since THERE WERE NO MARKED BAYS

I made a thread asking about parking across bays ( I know you said they are not marked) including a link for more views on right/wrong.

Sensible parking? | Motorhomer

Take your point and earlier in this thread I explained my views on this and have looked at your link.The area where I parked lengthways was an angled corner behind some low fence only the width of my van in depth i/e front to back so I got in lengthways out of anyones way.The rest of the car park which is a massive size was virtually empty.I left myself enough room to pull out frontwards but didnt think a car would fit OR attempt to get in the tiny space left in front of me .RED VAUXHALL OIK HAD OTHER PLANS!

Surely the registration number will identify him as the car owner and his mugshot was on the Blue Badge and the vehicle registration at the DVLA will show his name and his address not rocket science to trace.And he is on CCTV which obviously slipped his brain when he decided to park tight on us and give us grief.

Blue badge applies to the person not the vehicle surely ?

From your initial post mickymost it's obvious the astratwat is one of the many phoney blue badge owners,they are easy to get legitimately if you are brazen enough to fake it and unfortunately unable to qualify for one when you need one by being honest because that's how the system works, l must add some blue badges are genuine. Personally speaking I would of pagered the twat blue badge or no blue badge.

No i think the dvla have to have it reg as you get zero tax or low rate,so he can be traced.
I think you may be mixing up Blue Badges and Motability vehicles.

For example, my mother had a blue badge after she gave up driving, and the badge could be used in whatever vehicle (usually my sister or bothers) she was being given a lift in to typically go shopping in.
The key thing is the blue badge is linked to an individual and can only be used when the reason for the journey is due to that person (not worded well, but it means you can't just bring along a blue badge holder on a trip purely to get free/preferential parking)

Last edited:
Motability vehicles are not necessarily exempt from road fund licence too

A few years ago the rules changed, At one stage strictly speaking the vehicle could only be used for the benefit of the disabled person this had implications on the insurance as an example I could be the nominated driver for a disabled person and was insured without them present if travelling to a chemists to collect a prescription that also exempted me from RFL too, In reality what was happening is the able bodied partner was commuting to work Motability decided to allow that because it was for the benefit of the disabled person too but road fund licence became payable hence a lot now do pay road tax,

Also for Motability fleet standpoint on disposal the vehicles had to be by someone re classed tax wise as PLG which delayed sales and disposal

I have no idea re other parts of the country but there seems a little mistaken belief as to how blue badges are acquired, In these Parts Kirklees council administer the process and their criteria is the disable person must be receiving the higher component of either disabled Living allowance or the mobility component of Personal independence Payment which has replaced DLA

Out of interest has people have migrated from one benefit to the other a lot have lost the enhanced PIP mobility component and consequently lost eligibility to the Motability car scheme. This is the reasoning behind the Newspaper headlines of people having motability cars taken off them and some pretty sour stories too

Channa

sorry

A persons disability can be affected by many different factors such as medication, temperature etc. The pain severity can also vary greatly and affect the persons ability to walk.
Perhaps the NHS would be able to reduce their costs if they had people who could perform an instant diagnosis based on a meeting in a car park?

sorry, and no brains, or full of pigs,dropping,on cant be rite,ok.pj

as far as i can tell :
the OP parked in a car park with no marked bays, tucked mindfully into a corner so as not to impede other users.
he was targeted by one of those tossers we've [ unfortunately ] all met, whose sole pleasure in life is to create misery for their fellow man
this waste of oxygen decided to use his blue badge ,for some twisted reason that i don't get, to reinforce his rather spurious case- a proper red herring

this is one of those unfortunate situations we wild campers come across, albeit rarely fankgawd ! and there's no clear way of dealing with it
you could call the cops, tell them you fear a ''breach of the peace'' , but this involves a lot of hanging about and raised blood pressure
or you could just close the door and get your head down. good luck with that , knowing there's a vindictive nutter prowling arund !
you could lamp him- but to avoid further trouble you'd have to conceal, then dispose of the remains- could get messy
personally i favour driving off and finding another spot . incident filed in the memory alongside others similar , like treading in dogshit

when you get a blue badge ,they ask you for your 2 favourite reg nos, but the badge is for you personally and can be used , by you , in any vehicle

In all proberbility this chap parked his or his wife's car in this spot behind his house which is why he got so agitated no excuse though the best action would have been to report him to the Police as you had been stopped from driving away and were in fear of violence from the guy.

Alf

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading through this thread, I have to say that I 90% agree with those who are showing support for the OP.

He parked in a manner that had the least impact, on anyone else who wanted to use this council owned car park, he noted that there were NO markings to designate bays, he did NOT get violent with the little Hitler who thought nothing of spoiling a member of the public's day, he probably did not park where this fools wife parked their car, as his house/flat was a fair distance away from where Michael parked, he did not react with violence when he was threatened by Astra twat man, who clearly tried to use the blue badge as some kind of defence for his unreasonable behaviour.

Astra twat man deserved to be questioned about the validity of his claim for a blue badge!

As for the 10% of doubt, maybe & this is a very very long shot, but maybe, the guy has tourette's but from what I know about this condition people who suffer from this, don't go looking for an argument any more than the rest of us & wouldn't qualify for a blue badge.

Michael did the right thing, he left the car park & he reported a probable abuse of the blue badge scheme.

Phill

The lesson to learn is to stick to the wildcamping rule one: always park up facing the exit, with a clear route out. Tucking yourself into a corner is never a good idea.

The corner was by the exit and I had left an exit to pull out from RED VAUXHALL OIK chose to block it leaving an awkward reverse to get out being tucked in by a high wall .AND the exit I left I never thought was enough space to get a car into which is a good lesson learnt for the future this is why he nearly took the fence out on his first attempt to back into it.My wife sat in the suicide seat(left hand drive)couldnt believe what she was seeing,I was in the rear reading a book at this time so OIK couldnt see me.

Last edited:
After reading through this thread, I have to say that I 90% agree with those who are showing support for the OP.

He parked in a manner that had the least impact, on anyone else who wanted to use this council owned car park, he noted that there were NO markings to designate bays, he did NOT get violent with the little Hitler who thought nothing of spoiling a member of the public's day, he probably did not park where this fools wife parked their car, as his house/flat was a fair distance away from where Michael parked, he did not react with violence when he was threatened by Astra twat man, who clearly tried to use the blue badge as some kind of defence for his unreasonable behaviour.

Astra twat man deserved to be questioned about the validity of his claim for a blue badge!

As for the 10% of doubt, maybe & this is a very very long shot, but maybe, the guy has tourette's but from what I know about this condition people who suffer from this, don't go looking for an argument any more than the rest of us & wouldn't qualify for a blue badge.

Michael did the right thing, he left the car park & he reported a probable abuse of the blue badge scheme.

Phill

Phill Thank You!

yes you have got this completely exactly as it happened and exactly to the point

As I said earlier we dont go out of our way to upset anyone.If there is a no parking sign valid or not we would always leave and find somewhere else to park.I realise car parks council owned are hit and miss and have in the past had various car owners sling their door open onto the side of our van when in a normal bay.And in that instant when I want to get out to throttle said owner SWMBO brings me down to earth by reminding me that we are in a car park and its part and parcel and to be expected.In this instance for this thread I had attempted by all reasonable means to be out of everyones way even other residents who were parking near the steps (only two residents cars while there at this point btw not loads)And as I said VAUXHALL OIK could have parked nearer to said steps going between residents houses to get home BUT chose to be a TWAT and upset us.

And VAUXHALL OIK in my face told me this day was my luckiest day alive as if we didnt Fu Of out of his residents car park he was going to punch me and bounce me all around the car park.THE COUNCIL CAR PARK CLEARLY SHOWN ON COUNCIL WEBSITE AS AVAILABLE TO ALL .Do doubters of my comments think this is reasonable behaviour from an alleged BLUE BADGE holder?

Thank you all on here who have taken what I am saying as how it happened and standing by me.The doubters well I hope the similar type of incident doesnt happen to you.

Michael

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back