Wetherby Old Stastion Car Park BEWARE NASTY RESIDENT so watch out

I may be wrong but in order for him to block you in you must have been parked length ways across the bays for him to park in front of you?

I may be wrong but in order for him to block you in you must have been parked length ways across the bays for him to park in front of you?

Correct we were parked lengthways BUT there are no marked bays and this was an angled useless area in the corner right by the entrance not long enough to back a car into without a long overhang in the front.This is why we parked there and in the rear of the car park there was a coach parked lengthways as well.If the car park was busy then we always park in a bay (as before here no marked bays where we were)i/e backed in but as plenty of room here parked lengthways,and we were in the van for the night and would move the other way if the car park filled up which it didnt.So to get out to leave the car park being on an angle we had to very carefully reverse not hitting the wall out of the angled section which was awkward and he clearly knew this that is why he parked on our front bumper.I and my wife always feel if a car park is tight i/e full of cars then motorhomes parked lengthways are taking the p.,but here it was justified as it was an area of the car park obviously not used due to the angle by the wall.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the obviously rather unpleasant behaviour of the chap with the blue badge....

The assumption that you need to have a visually obvious disability to hold a blue badge is a 'interesting' concept that some people have.

I guess I am very fortunate not having any significant medical issues, but I have great sympathy with those who do, and especially those who get accused of 'pretending' to have them when they genuinely do.
This article I found interesting and hopefully informs people to not judge based on solely what their eyes tell them ...
Why these new signs are appearing on disabled toilets
- BBC Newsbeat

I am not sure why someone should have to prove to a total stranger what disability they have if challenged.
Having a blue badge or a disability is not a defence to acting like a twat of course, but neither is it an excuse for someone to accuse them of fiddling the system just because that person is annoyed or angry.

I guess I am very fortunate not having any significant medical issues, but I have great sympathy with those who do, and especially those who get accused of 'pretending' to have them when they genuinely do.
This article I found interesting and hopefully informs people to not judge based on solely what their eyes tell them ...
Why these new signs are appearing on disabled toilets
- BBC Newsbeat

I am not sure why someone should have to prove to a total stranger what disability they have if challenged.
Having a blue badge or a disability is not a defence to acting like a twat of course, but neither is it an excuse for someone to accuse them of fiddling the system just because that person is annoyed or angry.

Firstly I didnt challenge them i/e him on a disability and didnt know about his blue badge until HE decided to shove it in my face.And in this case we were the strangers who he decided to hassle NOT the other way around.
Secondly he was the one annoyed and decided to take it out on us.

Firstly I didnt challenge them i/e him on a disability and didnt know about his blue badge until HE decided to shove it in my face.And in this case we were the strangers who he decided to hassle NOT the other way around.

And when returning home if he had quite easily and I may add pulled up and parked near to where he lived then This conversation wouldnt be occurring.He was an individual who feels he can push innocent people around and on this occassion that was us,and was completely unjustified.

It’s easy for me to say but if you had been parked in a bay and ignored the angry man you could have had a nice time and been laughing about the incident now. It seem the angry man has got his way or won whichever way you look at it.

I suppose we'll never know whether or not he has a genuine disability. He might very well have become disabled after being on the receiving end of a severe beating from a wild camper :D

disanility.jpg

Channa

If he was the type to have a confrontation then he may be the type to have a fake Blue Badge.

If it had been me, I would have took note of his house number and reported him as possibly using a fake Blue Badge. There are lots of them around. If you state that he was very active and showed no signs of a disability, the Authorities can probably check as to what disability he allegedly has.

It may also be the case that the document was legit ... but not his and he was using it contrary to the terms and conditions of use. In either case, the Blue Badge can be taken away.

My reply was mostly a general reply on the attitudes of SOME people.
I doubt you checked or even wondered about his eligibility to use a disabled toilet either which some people seem entitled to do (as per the discussion on the BBC page I linked to)

Last edited:
My reply was mostly a general reply on the attitudes of SOME people.
I doubt you checked or even wondered about his eligibility to use a disabled toilet either which some people seem entitled to do (as per the discussion on the BBC page I linked to)

You replied to my op so I presumed some of your comments were aimed at me and if they werent and were aimed at SOME people not being me then so be it.

Why would I be even remotely interested in a strangers toilet habits,so do you think thats why I didnt check or asked him how he pd or shat when the need arose! very strange post in reply to my thread? When the thread is about all I wanted to do was have a peacefull night with my wife and be left alone without a stranger hassleing us.

It’s easy for me to say but if you had been parked in a bay and ignored the angry man you could have had a nice time and been laughing about the incident now. It seem the angry man has got his way or won whichever way you look at it.

there were NO bays only open ground so only common sense where to place a vehicle and as I have already said the car park was mostly empty.Yes when I got home I realised that we shouldnt have lowered ourselves to his level and clearly ignored him So you could be right on your post but my wife was tired after many long shifts at work and so was on a short fuse trying to relax and she was sat in the front alone at the time so maybe he thought she was alone ,go on doubters another angle to this thread make of that what you will,He did seem a little suprised when I came round from the wall side out of the habitation door.But a lesson learnt I suppose for the future.

Last edited:
Its wrong perhaps, but an occupational hazard of wild camping may happen twice in your career No different to on a site and someones 2little darlings playing football" and the ball bouncing off your van

All an occupational hazard of our pastime

Channa

I would have just phoned the police at first instant and retired to my van to they arrived.
Some folk love a bit of argey bargey for entertainment,disabled or not.

Its wrong perhaps, but an occupational hazard of wild camping may happen twice in your career No different to on a site and someones 2little darlings playing football" and the ball bouncing off your van

All an occupational hazard of our pastime

Channa

Channa I agree wildcamping can be a challenge sometimes and these things happen when one parked in a Council Car Park.,and I dont want to go there on campsites!!!I was just trying to warn others about this Guy so if others decide to go in that car park then they will be aware of him and probably his neighbours living alongside who would in theory no doubt back him up.
I seem to have hit a nerve on the Blue badge entitlement but if he hadnt of shoved it in my face and told us to **** Off out of the residents car park (NOT)as its a general Council Car Park open to all , I would not have known he had one.And his threatening behaviour to us was unjustified. Maybe at school he was the school bully who knows and I have suffered way back then with bullys so now Im not being bullied as too old in the tooth for that, I dont go out of my way to cause trouble to anyone.

You replied to my op so I presumed some of your comments were aimed at me and if they werent and were aimed at SOME people not being me then so be it.

Why would I be even remotely interested in a strangers toilet habits,so do you think thats why I didnt check or asked him how he pd or shat when the need arose! very strange post in reply to my thread? When the thread is about all I wanted to do was have a peacefull night with my wife and be left alone without a stranger hassleing us.
I pointed that out as it was a key part of the discussion in the page I linked to. Threads on forums go off on tangents and my FIRST reply was actually quoteing someone elses post, not yours. YOU replied to MY reply and I then replied back.

Channa I agree wildcamping can be a challenge sometimes and these things happen when one parked in a Council Car Park.,and I dont want to go there on campsites!!!I was just trying to warn others about this Guy so if others decide to go in that car park then they will be aware of him and probably his neighbours living alongside who would in theory no doubt back him up.
I seem to have hit a nerve on the Blue badge entitlement but if he hadnt of shoved it in my face and told us to **** Off out of the residents car park (NOT)as its a general Council Car Park open to all , I would not have known he had one.And his threatening behaviour to us was unjustified. Maybe at school he was the school bully who knows and I have suffered way back then with bullys so now Im not being bullied as too old in the tooth for that, I dont go out of my way to cause trouble to anyone.

His neighbours might not back him up. He sounds like a grade A Arsehole to me so they probably all hate him. Maybe we should all go down with our vans and park there :D I could use my blue badge to park outside his house if you like. I could do with a laugh. :cool1: We could bring Maingate, he's like a miniature Rottweiler. There are a few rufty tufty types on here an all! Ill just direct proceedings from the (locked) van. Its what I do best.

While mindful that hairydog has decided I am stupid, the Blue Badge Scheme is a great thing but like everything done with the best intentions in the UK, it is widely abused. I have done surveillance in the Police for 14 years, and virtually all of our targets availed themselves of blue badges. I was SIO for a major currency counterfeiting operation - when we biffed the printers (millionaire for a day, sort of) we also recovered a load of blue badges waiting to go out and a waiting list for badges on their computers. Going through their history revealed that thousands had been sold throughout the UK. Good earner for them as their notes couldn't be told apart from the genuine bank notes and the blue badges were of similar top quality - until we intervened that is. Bob.

If he was the type to have a confrontation then he may be the type to have a fake Blue Badge.

If it had been me, I would have took note of his house number and reported him as possibly using a fake Blue Badge. There are lots of them around. If you state that he was very active and showed no signs of a disability, the Authorities can probably check as to what disability he allegedly has.

It may also be the case that the document was legit ... but not his and he was using it contrary to the terms and conditions of use. In either case, the Blue Badge can be taken away.

Maingate I take your point thank you BUT I for obvious reasons didnt attempt to follow him up the steps which he easily climbed to his property.He soon came back down the said steps again quite easily with his phone and started taking pictures of our Motorhome.This was the point where I came out of the camper on the blind side i/e by the wall and suprised him because I think up to this point he thought my wife was the only vehicle occupant.I have reported him by email to the council as soon as I got home from our holiday cut short due to his behaviour.I gave them his car details and registration number and approcimate area where he lived i/e the Road name so would not be hard to trace him.Whether they do anything is in the councils hands BUT all this was on CCTV so he will have a job if confronted by the council to wiggle out of this.I also have pictures of him and His Red Vauxhall.Others on this forum have taken the view that I am picking on an unfortunate individual who has needs different to me due to his blue Badge which I knew nothing about until he removed it from his Vauxhall and shoved it in my face and then requesting us to **** OFF out of the car park which he claimed was only there for the residents use.Before I emailed the council I did check their criteria for holding a blue badge and it related to limited mobility or terminal illness issues.He obviously seemed to me to be as fit as a fiddle the way he fastly walked up and down the car park.And as I have stated earlier in this thread he could easily have parked right by the steps if he was of limited mobility in his limbs.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back