Weird meals

Crispy roll tuna and beetroot.

Tunnochs coconut snow ball 30 sec micro hot custard. To dye for

Who started this I'm supposed to be on a diet.

Crispy roll tuna and beetroot.

Tunnochs coconut snow ball 30 sec micro hot custard. To dye for

Who started this I'm supposed to be on a diet.

Trust you to mention snow balls, they don't know what they are down here, the shops have also stopped selling plain bread and scotch pie, I am now fading fast, now down to 13 and half stone.
Please feel free so send any of the above to me, emphasis on the free :help:

kids used to pull a face when i purposely cooked extra yorkshire pudding and ate it next day with jam no amount of telling them same batter used for pancakes would get them to try it, my favourite sandwich is the cold potato with cheese or potted beef and raw onion, also told the kids that at uni in the sixties the grant was paid per term and choice was often food or beer well no choice really so boiled rice flavoured with a tin of soup would make a good meal for three of us before going on the booze,

kids used to pull a face when i purposely cooked extra yorkshire pudding and ate it next day with jam no amount of telling them same batter used for pancakes would get them to try it, my favourite sandwich is the cold potato with cheese or potted beef and raw onion, also told the kids that at uni in the sixties the grant was paid per term and choice was often food or beer well no choice really so boiled rice flavoured with a tin of soup would make a good meal for three of us before going on the booze,

We used to have Yorkshire pud with jam regularly Ken.

Also fried bread with jam on it is good.

A favourite of mine is a corned beef sarnie made with butter, topped with red hot chips and given a good squish together. Heaven, but not too often.

My top food tip is:

when you run out of milk, make an instant hot chocolate and pour that on your cereal.

Some brilliant ideas and I know it's not weird but my favourite when wanting a quick meal has to be fish finger sandwiches.
They have to be birdeyes and the bread has to be uncut whole meal with a thick covering of lurpak.
Might well have them tonight !

Some brilliant ideas and I know it's not weird but my favourite when wanting a quick meal has to be fish finger sandwiches.
They have to be birdeyes and the bread has to be uncut whole meal with a thick covering of lurpak.
Might well have them tonight !

Definitely Birdseye, and one of the few foods I have ketchup on.

I'm usually a brown sauce kinda bloke.

Felt like a curry tonight but no joy the one who has to be obeyed said no

So tin of beans loads a pepper chopped up some jalapeños we bit a Texas barbecue sauce thick crusty bread and topped with grated chilly cheese I could sell this stuff. 👨*🍳 Put the bog roll in fridge just in case

Are you referring to the Red Lion pub ? one of my tenancies. apparently at the front there was a tripe shop very popular in its day. Heckmondwike Morrisons have some old pictures in the store, one a carnival 1911 in the market place the stall can be clearly seen.

I originate from Doncaster and I can't recall dripping being called mucky fat. I love it myself as described, old landlords trick lots of salt the buggers drank more.
still a little market stall in Hecky market that sells it on a Saturday

Channa
The fighting cock pub in Bradford still put Dread and dripping on the bar at lunchtime instead of peanuts marmite optional.

Corned beef hash with baked beans over the top. This was on the menu in a cafe, tried it, loved it.

Another of my favourites. Bet they sprinkled it with salt!;)
that's it get the punters thirsty !!!

Environmental Health take a dim view nowadays, risk of cross contamination people not washing hands after toilet visits etc. Certainly with nuts good chance serve a notice. You good give a packet away to each customer because pre packed and presented in a sterile environment.

Another great example of big brother deciding we are incapable of making our own informed decisions.

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back