Weird meals

delicagirl

i hadn't been food shopping for a day or two and got so hungry at lunchtime that i knew i would buy rubbish if i went to the local coop - so i ate what was in the fridge:--

1 salmon fish cake
2 small pickled beetroots
1 slice black pudding
1 poached egg

Very tasty actually

Does anyone else do this ? Do you eat weird combinations of foods ? :tongue:

A lot of the classics have similar origins of using what was left. Paella my favourite

Channa

Tonight brazing steak with onions and garlic.

dumplings.

Boiled potato carrots and broccoli.

We just have to make do :dance:

Winter staple after a long drive to anywhere tin of Heinz mulligatawny soup and a tin of Heinz spag bol mixed it's like a spicy noodle soup very warming with crusty bread.

I don't think that it makes any difference what you eat after a days long travel, it's always great. My wife asked me what I fancied out of the fridge, I had a choice between the light or ice cube's. She can make jack shxt out of jack shxt, and I still eat it, enjoying it is another matter.

Tonight brazing steak with onions and garlic.

dumplings.

Boiled potato carrots and broccoli.

We just have to make do :dance:

If thats "weird" food - what is "normal" food in your house then !!!!:idea:

As i have very poor taste and no smell anything goes esp the free stuff,it all ends up going the same place.

Fish finger sandwiches and my wife, cold boiled potato for breakfast.

I think i saw them in a supermarket somewhere this week !!!!!

boiled potatoes fried in bacon fat with an egg on top - yummy - but COLD :scared: ? that IS weird !!

Reminds me of 3 tramps walking down r/line finding a dead sheep two dived on it eating it, the third boy said yuck and walked on with the others,but sone they became sick and boked up ,the third boy dived on it with a spoon.
The others said you dirty git why did you not eat it fresh back there,to which he replyed i like my meals warm .

Leftover pizza heated up and made into a sandwich with loads of butter on the bread.
Two minute noodles with a can of tuna thrown in,chicken or curry flavour works best...in fact I'm too knackered to cook tonight,been driving most of the day to land just out of Limoges,so noodles and tuna it is!

I really fancies a Beef in Ale casserole but as it is after 4 pm on a Sunday. I have to make do with what is in the freezer, so it is cubed Rib Eye in Ale casserole.

Its a hard life, all washed down with a couple of bottles of LOMZA, Polish beer.

Of course it is weird, it isn't in a pie crust and that is ny on a criminal offence in these parts.

I really fancies a Beef in Ale casserole but as it is after 4 pm on a Sunday. I have to make do with what is in the freezer, so it is cubed Rib Eye in Ale casserole.

Its a hard life, all washed down with a couple of bottles of LOMZA, Polish beer.

Of course it is weird, it isn't in a pie crust and that is ny on a criminal offence in these parts.

i knew a lancashire builder who used to eat pie butties - he was big as a bus

Pie Barms are a culinary delight in these parts.

Pie barm.jpg

and a Wigan Kebab (four pies on a stick) are exported as far as Leigh.

Wigan Kebab.jpg

At local weddings it is common to see the above served as starter and main at the wedding breakfast.

Leftover pizza heated up and made into a sandwich with loads of butter on the bread.
Two minute noodles with a can of tuna thrown in,chicken or curry flavour works best...in fact I'm too knackered to cook tonight,been driving most of the day to land just out of Limoges,so noodles and tuna it is!

I love cold pizza for breakfast.

Pie Barms are a culinary delight in these parts.

View attachment 47994

and a Wigan Kebab (four pies on a stick) are exported as far as Leigh.

View attachment 47993

At local weddings it is common to see the above served as starter and main at the wedding breakfast.

I have eaten rat, snake, chickens eyes, ducks feet and fish heads (not all at same time) but I have never even thought of four pies on a stick.:D

I chickened out of a deep fried Marsbar.

Richard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back