Trip to France

It's taken a couple of days but here is a link to some of the pictures from the trip into Europe.

I am more than grateful for all the help, hints & tips, it would have been impossible to go to all the places suggested and visit the places we had down as must-do's.

It was a fantastic trip, we both wish we'd been able to do it when we first started and were fit enough to actually see more of the places we visited but work and a lack of money & a decent enough van (never missed a beat bar the water pump) to go in.

So a big thanks from Liz and I, we really could not have done it without you, it's not over yet, we're going back as soon as we can but we've ignored Scotland and Ireland so next trip for sure will be some games in Scotland and hopefully another trip over to Ireland, we've not see the bit between Dublin and Belfast yet, is it worth it? and what is the best way out of Dublin in ANY direction as it was chocka block both times we've been, is there a best time to land there?

I forgot the link, it's bit of a pain to navigate but all I have for now.

I was wondering if I could add more info to the whole trip pictures and after looking at, the Timeline, PostImage and Irfanview I found I could add the day, date, miles and hours to each day, it's 20 operations for each picture so it'll take me most of today and some time tomorrow but I think it's worth it to show the route we did take and how long from A to B, see below.

I'm new to Timeline despite having it turn on since 2012, so not sure how far you can push it, what I would like to be able to do is securely post a full day of travel and stops just as I can see to scroll through to see more, but with no further access to the viewer searching has revealed:- it seems you can't share the timeline history as it is for private uses only. In order to see the Google Timeline you have to be logged in to that account.

I know 99% of people are not interested but it excersizes what few grey cells I have left.

I have the MPG to sort out yet, but I think I'll pass that on to Steve as he is more up to the maths task than what I might be.

View attachment 132276

1718549584298.png

Well done Puds, Gotta love a spreadsheet. Just finished populating mine for our trip that ran alongside yours. (y) You beat us on mileage. We did 3700.

I've sort of worked it out and I'm a bit disappointed with the MPG, I drive light footed most of the time but two days I put my foot down on the motorways.

1718623438260.png

31.96mpg and Kev's disappointed!! I'm with Mark. I've had the Kontiki down to 17mpg before chasing to get a ferry but its normally around 22mpg. Shite! I remember when they used to be advertised people would say 30mpg at 70mph all day long! Yeah over a cliff!

Just done a quick calc Kev. Like you I top up to full each time, never usually below half, so I have fuel amounts between stations. Done calc between two fill ups divided by mileage between those stations and got 30 mpg.
I will do a more scientific study and post it.

My puter said anything from 28 up to 44mpg.

I can get it up to 99mpg on the instant reading but that makes you paranoid.

My puter said anything from 28 up to 44mpg.

I can get it up to 99mpg on the instant reading but that makes you paranoid.

Yeah with your foot off doing down a massive hill! :ROFLMAO:

Nothing I ever ride or drive gets the claimed MPG. The Vstrom boys like to brag about getting 70mpg out of their bikes. Mines averaging 52. My crappy Hyundai i10 is supposed to do 50 mpg or something. I checked it once just for a laugh and I was getting 39.

If the instant reading is fast enough and accurate enough, it could probably show anything from about 4 MPG to (arguably) no fuel being used at all, obviously not including being stationary :)

99MPG is probably the highest the reader can go to and means you are actually using no, or virtually no fuel at all.

Back