TPMS system up to 101psi

Good point ...

I may have misread that. I'll check.

PS

Now checked and it's 70 degrees ...

Last edited:
Just installed the system and it was so simple and it works a treat.
I checked my tyre pressures before installing the system and it’s accurate.
You only have two buttons to set up your preferences re bars or psi, and Fahrenheit or centigrade, and your parameters for pressure and temperature warnings.

I was unsure what temperature to receive warnings at I set it to 65c (advice would be welcome on that one)
I set the minimum pressure warning to 68psi and the max to 82psi.

I don’t think you get a warning when the batteries are running low, but at £2.15 for ten on eBay I will simply do so every year. Word of warning getting into the batteries is difficult. I had to resort to using mole grips on the sensor case whilst using the supplied tool to loosen the inners.

Batteries come fitted but no usb to micro usb for recharging the solar powered display if required.

I purchased a 3m lead on eBay for £2.10

USB 2.0 A to MICRO B CABLE Male / Male WHITE or BLACK 0.5m 1m 1.8m 3m 5m | eBay

Link for batteries

10 X EUNICELL CR1632 DL1632 KL1632 BR1632 L1632 LITHIUM COIN/BUTTON CELL BATTERY | eBay

Did you get any instructions as mine didn’t have any?One of the sensors isn’t registering and I was wondering how to reset it?

Here's the manual

Are you sure you need 80 psi?

Way too high in my view.

Autotrail tells me 80psi (5.5 bar) in the van's manual.

FWIW, I scanned the instructions for the TPMS that I bought (i.e. the one in the opening post) and zipped them up. It's a large file (about 22MB) and I've made it available on Dropbox here. HTH, Geoff

Did you get any instructions as mine didn’t have any?One of the sensors isn’t registering and I was wondering how to reset it?

Sorry just saw your pm.

Yes I did get instructions but they are very basic.

I have taken these photos for you, but I can send better quality images via email if you wish to pm me your email address.
Or send me your address and I will print them up and post them to you.

But I would contact the supplier.

Attachments

• 64203AC9-B266-47E7-8E59-B01D05CC5493.jpg
    64203AC9-B266-47E7-8E59-B01D05CC5493.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1309750A-DAA2-4BF1-BAFF-2E248008210E.jpg
    1309750A-DAA2-4BF1-BAFF-2E248008210E.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
This system does have a low battery warning. When turning on system you get a rapid 5 beeps, then the tyre flashes on the screen.

Last edited:
The ones I bought are still available for half that price. Dunlop Tyre Pressure Monitors, 694198712796 and seem to be a bettter design.

The high and low alarm pressures are adjustable, but the highest the high alarm pressure can be set to is 51psi. Few motorhomes will run that soft (mine does!)

The sensors and the display are fine for far higher pressures (I think it is 6.5bar, but I've not checked) but you will be bothered by the over-pressure beep unless you find a way to disable it. There isn't an obvious way to simply switch it off, though you can easily switch the whole receiver off if you don't want to use it, switching it on for a quick check. I might take the thing apart to see what can be done...

I bought two of them, so I can monitor the six tyres plus a spare at once, but my car seems to have a leaky tyre, so I'm using the second set to monitor that at present. The two sets don't interfere with each other at all.

I bought that system to and gave it to a friend with a small camper with lower tyre pressure.

Last edited:
The ones I bought are still available for half that price. Dunlop Tyre Pressure Monitors, 694198712796 and seem to be a bettter design.

The high and low alarm pressures are adjustable, but the highest the high alarm pressure can be set to is 51psi. Few motorhomes will run that soft (mine does!)

The sensors and the display are fine for far higher pressures (I think it is 6.5bar, but I've not checked) but you will be bothered by the over-pressure beep unless you find a way to disable it. There isn't an obvious way to simply switch it off, though you can easily switch the whole receiver off if you don't want to use it, switching it on for a quick check. I might take the thing apart to see what can be done...

I bought two of them, so I can monitor the six tyres plus a spare at once, but my car seems to have a leaky tyre, so I'm using the second set to monitor that at present. The two sets don't interfere with each other at all.
to monitor 7 tyres with those system, do you end up with two TPMS displays then? or does a single control/display unit support 7 or 8 sensors?

Ref the use of a TPMS system whose lowest 'High Pressure Warning' system is lower than your running pressure, I would say it is not a good idea and a better option should be used.
The whole point of a TPMS system is to warn you of Tyre Pressure issues - and to have a system that is constantly giving a warning - which you then have to cancel (so IGNORE) defeats the major reason of having a system.
Yes, you can see the pressures, but just like on a car dashboard, an beep or illuminated/flashing light when an problem occurs is far more obvious and gets your attention.
Why not spend a little (and it is just a little) bit more on a system that IS designed to work with the tyre pressures of the vehicle?

A little more? £14.99 versus over £200.

No, I really don't want the thing running all the time. It is just an easy, convenient way to check the tyre pressures every week or two.

Because the car has a suspected leak, I've left the thing running to see what happens, but as soon as the problem is resolved, no more number obsession.
The car already has too much built-in electronic cleverness.

Checking the motorhome tyre pressures is a pain, because the NS wheels are next to prickly bushes when it is parked at home. With these devices I can see the pressures at the touch of a button.
£200? Wow!! That's a lot :scared:

Luckily I passed on the one with the gold-plated case and my 6 tyre system was a little less than that :rabbit:

Was not the cheapest on the market at £70 but one display and it works properly at the type of pressures a van typically runs at :wave:

PS. Whan I said a bit more, I mean a bit more than a 4 sensor system that is CAPABLE of monitoring and reporting on pressures on van tyres, not a system that is incapable of doing so and most of the purpose of the system is invalidated, like the system you have which is, to be blunt, pants for a motorhome.

Last edited:
Ebay update.

I emailed the seller to say there were only 2 valve caps in the box. He promptly replied to offer £16 compensation and I can keep the item.

I replied to kindly thank him for his kind offer but pointed out that i wanted a complete replacement or total refund, two valve caps are no use.

He has replied this morning offering £20 I have pointed out to him again that I want a complete set or total refund.

Me thinks this chap has had a bad batch from China and is in a mess.

Paul

The system that hairydog suggested in his link will MONITOR (i.e. Displays) to a higher pressure than the upper pressure limit, but does not warn of a low pressure situation (a low pressure issue is the very reason that people buy TPMS systems to warn them of) on the hairdog suggested system on a van would be not possible as the low pressure alarm setting needed would actually still be in the range of the HIGH pressure warning!

As an side, a HIGH Pressure warning is not that useful anyway as it is very rare to have an overpressure sitution on a tyre. Low Pressure warnings (from slow punctures) are far far more useful, and High Temperture warnings are also useful as they both tend to occur from a low pressure tyre and also from heat generated from a brake drag such as a sticking caliper piston or suchlike.

Back to the HD system (and other similar ones).... By the time the tyre was low enough to flag a low pressure warning on your system, it would be too late.
This is why a system that he has is rubbish as a TPMS warning system on a motorhome application and I am posting this mainly to try and make it clear that these cheap systems designed for car use really should not be used for a van as a warning device.
False Economy and spending a little more more to get something that is actually fit for purpose is a much better idea.
Anyone is free to buy anything they want of course, but a recommendation to a product that is patently a waste of time and money for the target audience I think should come with a disclaimer.

Better to buy a good system I have Tyre Pal this give high and low pressure warning which you set yourself plus high temperature warnings it also give the active temperature of the tyre sensor.
A tried and tested system from a UK supplier.
Well satisfied with my Tyre Pal.

Alf

The system that hairydog suggested in his link will MONITOR (i.e. Displays) to a higher pressure than the upper pressure limit, but does not warn of a low pressure situation (a low pressure issue is the very reason that people buy TPMS systems to warn them of) on the hairdog suggested system on a van would be not possible as the low pressure alarm setting needed would actually still be in the range of the HIGH pressure warning!

As an side, a HIGH Pressure warning is not that useful anyway as it is very rare to have an overpressure sitution on a tyre. Low Pressure warnings (from slow punctures) are far far more useful, and High Temperture warnings are also useful as they both tend to occur from a low pressure tyre and also from heat generated from a brake drag such as a sticking caliper piston or suchlike.

Back to the HD system (and other similar ones).... By the time the tyre was low enough to flag a low pressure warning on your system, it would be too late.
This is why a system that he has is rubbish as a TPMS warning system on a motorhome application and I am posting this mainly to try and make it clear that these cheap systems designed for car use really should not be used for a van as a warning device.
False Economy and spending a little more more to get something that is actually fit for purpose is a much better idea.
Anyone is free to buy anything they want of course, but a recommendation to a product that is patently a waste of time and money for the target audience I think should come with a disclaimer.

Better to buy a good system I have Tyre Pal this give high and low pressure warning which you set yourself plus high temperature warnings it also give the active temperature of the tyre sensor.
A tried and tested system from a UK supplier.
Well satisfied with my Tyre Pal.

Alf
I had a Tyre Pal system on my Citroen DS4 and transferred it to my Citroen DS5 when I changed car. I found it very reliable and the only reason I am not using it on my current car when I changed from the DS5 is the new car came with a TPMS system.
I sold it on and got about 75% of the cost back so pretty cost-effective as well.

Really? You are, presumably aware what TPMS stands for? Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Not Tyre Pressure Alerting System.

The system I have is every bit as good as a TPMS but I agree that as a TPAS it is not much use.

I say that yours is the one that is a waste of money.
TPMS stands for "Tyre Pressure Monitoring System" indeed and is designed to monitor the tyres and alert the driver of an adverse tyre pressure situation - which is why the majority of OEM TPMS systems have an warning light that comes on when there is a pressure problem, but when there are no problems, there is no information from them.
Explain why all those systems are called "TPMS" and not "TPAS" ? (nice acronym by the way, SAHD)

Extra:
Thought I would add a little link for you .... New legislation causing uninformed motorists to fail MOT | TyreSafe - Promoting UK Tyre Safety and Driver Awareness
A paragraph from the above (I added the emboldened. italicized and coloured highlight especially for you)
"Millions of cars in the UK are fitted with tyre pressure monitoring systems, or TPMS, which monitor the vehicle’s tyre pressure and will alert the driver to over- or under-inflation. As of 1 January 2015, a car displaying a TPMS fault when submitted for its MOT will result in a test failure."

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back