TPMS system up to 101psi

I use a similar system, the sensors look identical.
My system has a major flaw in that it does not detect if the batteries in the sensors are dead. It keeps the last known data on the display unit.

Most modern cars do that, including mine, but unless you plug a diagnostic tool into the OBD port, it doesn't tell you which tyre is soft (even though it knows).
It was a very cheap way to implement a mandatory TPMS requirement as needed no extra hardware, but the limitations are certainly there, and why aftermarket systems are usually better!
My car costs maybe 1/3rd to 1/4 the price of some of the fancy jobs but with super-basic TPMS setups - however I get the pressure info for all tyres dislayed in the dash screen, plus a text message to tell me if I have low pressure (and which tyre it is) and I can also use an app to check as well.

TPMS Info
by David, on Flickr

If a £10k car can do this, shouldn't one costing £30k+ manage it?

I put a set of Fit2Go, in the car and it is driving me mad with flat battery warnings for the wheel sensors. I paid Road Pro £89 quid for these and now they are trash because the batteries are sealed in. Whole lot is going in the bin. two year life for the battery but neglect to mention you need to buy more sensors for £51 when the sets are now going for that much. Never buy Fit2go ones for anything, I even had the pressure reader to go with them also trash as it doesnt work with others.

Tyrepal sell their version for £99. Does exactly the same as my £23 set off eBay on my car. I think they are brill. I'm going to take one sensor off and put it on Motorhome to see if it works at that pressure. If it does I'll get another set.

Most modern cars do that, including mine, but unless you plug a diagnostic tool into the OBD port, it doesn't tell you which tyre is soft (even though it knows).

The only ones I've seen previously have sensors inside the wheel that don't last, are expensive and have to be programmed to the car if you fit new ones. PITA. The last was an insignia...

The only ones I've seen previously have sensors inside the wheel that don't last, are expensive and have to be programmed to the car if you fit new ones. PITA. The last was an insignia...

My Astra has exactly the same as Dave’s by the looks of the screen shots and works very well. The car is only two and a half years old so can only testify to them being good for that long :)

Do new Motorhomes not have this fitted though, it’s not that long that mainstream cars have them and not sure if it is only certain makes that do them anyway.

At the price of the op kit it’s worth it just for a few years isn’t it?

I had a new Mokka X and they were little better than useless and could vary by 6 - 8 p.s.i just sat on the drive without any sun on them :rolleyes2:

The 18" low profiles ran high pressures anyway 39 p.s.i. front and 41 p.s.i rear which showed correct when checked.

10 minutes later whilst still sat on the drive they could show 34 and 39 respectively and then 10 minutes later 42 and 48 respectively.

Funnily though when Vauxhall checked them they worked perfectly ( allegedly ), i gave up using them.

In Europe I think the magic date was 2012 for Standard Fit TPMS on new (design, not registered) cars. No idea when/if it applies to commercials - but VW did add TMPS to the T5 around that time so maybe so?

The OEM Sensors are a mental price - Toyota try to charge around £150 to swap one! You can get compatible copies for way cheaper nowadays though.

Well it arrived today and I am having great difficulty getting to the batteries.
You are supplied with a special tool to gain access, but I cannot get the battery holder to twist out of the sensor casing. I have looked on YouTube and I appear to doing the correct thing.

I don’t know if the sensors come with batteries installed, I have emailed the supplier.

Any tips welcome

Managed to get into battery by using grips on the case and then turning anti clockwise with the special tool supplied. Batteries are included will set it up next day or so.

20181126_123841.jpg

This looks a pretty robust but cumbersome setup. Seen on a bus in Alhama de Murcia last week

Look forward to your review on them, once you have them up and running.

Just installed the system and it was so simple and it works a treat.
I checked my tyre pressures before installing the system and it’s accurate.
You only have two buttons to set up your preferences re bars or psi, and Fahrenheit or centigrade, and your parameters for pressure and temperature warnings.

I was unsure what temperature to receive warnings at I set it to 65c (advice would be welcome on that one)
I set the minimum pressure warning to 68psi and the max to 82psi.

I don’t think you get a warning when the batteries are running low, but at £2.15 for ten on eBay I will simply do so every year. Word of warning getting into the batteries is difficult. I had to resort to using mole grips on the sensor case whilst using the supplied tool to loosen the inners.

Batteries come fitted but no usb to micro usb for recharging the solar powered display if required.

I purchased a 3m lead on eBay for £2.10

USB 2.0 A to MICRO B CABLE Male / Male WHITE or BLACK 0.5m 1m 1.8m 3m 5m | eBay

Link for batteries

10 X EUNICELL CR1632 DL1632 KL1632 BR1632 L1632 LITHIUM COIN/BUTTON CELL BATTERY | eBay

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back