TPMS system up to 101psi

I'm not sure if any TPMS setups have low sensor battery warnings. And I think the reason for this is the sensors have some kind of device that means they are turned off until they sense wheel movement - to avoid unnecessary battery use when parked. A low battery warning detection would give lots of false alarms when you got into the vehicle and the control/display was powered up and the sensors were all still off.
I know the unit I have just reports no pressure at all when the sensors is not found (I found I had to replace 3 out of 4 batteries when I refitted the sensors after a few months of being on the shelf)

I'm not sure if any TPMS setups have low sensor battery warnings. And I think the reason for this is the sensors have some kind of device that means they are turned off until they sense wheel movement - to avoid unnecessary battery use when parked. A low battery warning detection would give lots of false alarms when you got into the vehicle and the control/display was powered up and the sensors were all still off.
I know the unit I have just reports no pressure at all when the sensors is not found (I found I had to replace 3 out of 4 batteries when I refitted the sensors after a few months of being on the shelf)

At a cost of 80p for all four batteries I reckon simply replacing them annually takes care of this issue.
But as I stated getting to them may prove difficult.

Tyrepal systems report low battery for the sensors.

Regarding temperature warning 65 degrees is way too high.

The Tyrepal default is 37 degrees and that is plenty high enough.

Tyrepal systems report low battery for the sensors.

Regarding temperature warning 65 degrees is way too high.

The Tyrepal default is 37 degrees and that is plenty high enough.

Well the minimum setting on this unit is 60c.

Not so good then.

But the pressure measurements are very accurate.

Strange why they have set such a high minimum.

87 psi may be a problem I run at 80 but with temperature increase whilst running this could increase pressure above 87. But a great buy all the same.

Yes that's interesting, do you know yet what PSI your's go up to on a run?
I've got CP rated tyres on back max 80PSI and Van tyres (with a higher load index!) front max 69PSI

Yes that's interesting, do you know yet what PSI your's go up to on a run?
I've got CP rated tyres on back max 80PSI and Van tyres (with a higher load index!) front max 69PSI

Sorry no but I don't but I am sure someone on here will know.
The system I bought goes up to 101psi.

We seem to have the same or very similar sensors. I find that the batteries need changing every few months not yearly but I would imagine environmental conditions would affect battery life. They also die at significantly different speeds but that could be battery quality (get what you pay for).

I would definitely suggest putting a dead battery in one of the sensors and see if the display changes in any way to reflect the lack of data from that sensor. If it does then you will have better confidence in the system as you will know if you are getting good data.

Last edited:
If you have camping tyres such as Michelin Agilis then regardless of axle weight, both Michelin and Tyresafe recommend pressure of 80psi on rear tyres.

If you have camping tyres such as Michelin Agilis then regardless of axle weight, both Michelin and Tyresafe recommend pressure of 80psi on rear tyres.

That’s only because they don’t want to risk litigation against them if they advised a lower pressure and an overloaded van was involved in an accident. Up until a few years ago, Michelin would give rear axle pressures based on wweighbridge figures and in our case they were always lower than the 80psi now recommended.

Just received my set of tpms, and there are only two sensors in the box. Not a happy chappie!

Roger,
On the brightside they may just send a new set out and tell you to dispose of the first set. In which case you can sell to a tigger, or a motorcycle, or there was someone earlier in the thread with 6 wheels!

Paul.

Roger,
On the brightside they may just send a new set out and tell you to dispose of the first set. In which case you can sell to a tigger, or a motorcycle, or there was someone earlier in the thread with 6 wheels!

Paul.

Giving them the rest of today to respond, before I set Chris on them!

This looks like a good buy.

A wireless tire pressure monitoring system which operates up to 101psi with replaceable batteries for the four sensors for less than £30.

UK Wireless Solar Car Tire Pressure Monitoring System LCD DIY TPMS + 4 Sensors 419961649072 | eBay

I bought a set of these, which arrived yesterday and that I haven't yet fitted to the van. I need 80 psi all round, so these seemed ideal. However, the instructions seem to say that the high pressure alarm goes off at 3.3 bar (48 psi), which means that the alarm will constantly be activated with the correct pressure in the tyres. Similarly, the instructions say that the low pressure alarm is set at 1.8 bar (26 psi), at which pressure I might already be running on the rims! That said, the instructions are in pretty horrible Chinglish, so I hope it is possible to set these parameters to something appropriate for my van!

Another issue is that the display seems angled to be placed at the top of the windscreen and viewed from below. Unfortunately, I have an overcab 'bedroom' that does a good job of shading the top of the windscreen, which means that the unit needs to be mounted at the bottom of the windscreen (or on top of the dash) for the solar panel to get best illumination but, in that position, I won't be able to read the display. I hope that the battery in the display has enough capacity to last a reasonable time and that I can use a USB cable to recharge it every few days of use as that would let me mount the display where it can be easily read.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back