TomTom Truck mis-price??? £150

Just done mine but did anyone get a proper receipt? all i have is my order confirmation email so i have just sent a screenshot of that.

Mike

Should be adequate...

Just done mine but did anyone get a proper receipt? all i have is my order confirmation email so i have just sent a screenshot of that.

Mike

No paper receipt with mine. The returns label does have the order date on it but no price so I have saved the email confirmation as a .pdf for sending.
I am sure it will suffice as there is enough information on it to be checkable against the details held with Very.
I can't apply yet as my TomTom is travelling (without me) so I will have to wait for it to return!

Just had my claim bounced back after using email confirmation of order

We regret to inform you that it has not been possible to approve your claim for the TomTom Cashback offer, your application has therefore been rejected.

This is due to the following reason(s), and as set out in the terms and conditions of this promotion.

Proof of purchase not valid*
*Please re-submit your proof of purchase here within 7 working days from today’s date to allow for your claim to be re-processed. Proof of purchase uploaded must be an in-store receipt or a delivery slip. Order confirmations will not be accepted.

Please ensure that the below details are clearly visible on your proof of purchase upon resubmission:

The participating retailer and their address
The participating product purchased
The date of purchase within the promotional dates

Thanks for the update

Just had my claim bounced back after using email confirmation of order

We regret to inform you that it has not been possible to approve your claim for the TomTom Cashback offer, your application has therefore been rejected.

This is due to the following reason(s), and as set out in the terms and conditions of this promotion.

Proof of purchase not valid*
*Please re-submit your proof of purchase here within 7 working days from today’s date to allow for your claim to be re-processed. Proof of purchase uploaded must be an in-store receipt or a delivery slip. Order confirmations will not be accepted.

Please ensure that the below details are clearly visible on your proof of purchase upon resubmission:

The date of purchase within the promotional date
s

Interesting. As no 'delivery' notes were sent with the item that will not be possible.
The returns note does however contain all the information they ask for above. It just doesn't have the price which is asked for on the submission page of the website.

I think I sense collusion between Very & TomTom! It may explain the delayed delivery.
Can anybody who has ordered something else from Very confirm that they usually do send delivery notes?

Recent Orders Tab...

The date of purchase within the promotional dates

If you sign in to your Very account, the recent orders tab has all the information they ask for above plus the price.
Maybe that will suffice?

If you go on to the "track parcel" part then unfortunately the date of the order changes to the 5th as it only shows when the order was placed with the supplier! Convenient.

If you try either of the methods please update us with the results.

It may be that multiple pages/sources need to be collated into a single .pdf to allow all the information to be sent in one file.

Further...

There is no mention of having to provide a "delivery slip" in the T&C's for this offer.
TomTom T&C's word it as "...uploading a photo or scan of a valid receipt / proof of purchase of the ...".
The proof of purchase is the Very recent orders page.
A return note is a "proof of delivery" as you cannot return something you have not received.

They are not operating within their own T&C's asking for a "delivery slip". You could ask them where that is in their T&C's if they reject the above.

I took a screen shot of the original email from very with all the details on and sent that got an email from tomtom right away with a reference number saying it takes 28 working days to validate.

Mike

I took a screen shot of the original email from very with all the details on and sent that got an email from tomtom right away with a reference number saying it takes 28 working days to validate.

Mike

That's what I have done

Mines now came back as rejected they say the Proof of purchase not valid? And mine was a screenshot of my original mail from very with price/date and item clear.

Mike

Thanks for the update

Mines now came back as rejected they say the Proof of purchase not valid? And mine was a screenshot of my original mail from very with price/date and item clear.

Mike

Do you have the 'returns note' that came with the device? Maybe you could send a copy of that?
They know you have the device not least because it is constantly in touch with them when parked at your home.
I know they are just trying it on & I can't blame them for trying, but.......

Very came out of this episode with a good/enhanced reputation among those who benefited or were aware of this mis-price. All positive publicity because they took the loss & satisfied their customers; it was a small price to pay compared to the cost of TV adverts.
TomTom's reputation from this is yet to be decided.

Success

"We are pleased to confirm that your documentation has been finalised, and your cashback claim has been approved"

Screenshot of My Orders from the Very log in page

mine was accepted I made 1 pdf of the delivery page the recent order page and the transaction history page. I was taking no chances.

Mine has now been validated :) i sent them the my orders page from very (Thanks mossypossy)

Mike

Just had this reply...........

Dear Jeffrey,

We are pleased to confirm that your documentation has been finalised, and your cashback claim has been approved!

You will receive your payment directly into the bank account that you provided details of at the time of your claim. This payment will be made within 28 days from the date of this email.

We hope you enjoy your new Sat Nav!

The TomTom Team

This worked for me...

"We are pleased to confirm that your documentation has been finalised, and your cashback claim has been approved"

Screenshot of My Orders from the Very log in page

This worked for me. Submitted claim at 16:00 this evening & received confirmation at 18:00.
Thank you TomTom & Very.

I got a knock back on the proof of purchase so re applied with a screenshot off the very account and now had a conformation should have money in 28 days. I think we should all chip in and get private something for posting the miss price
Chris

I sold my TomTom 5000 for £100, so upgrade to Truck 6000 effectively cost me a tenner:dance:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back