TomTom Truck mis-price??? £150

Got mine thanks to private if he sends me his PayPal email I will send him a pint well a fiver he can get 2 pints in wetherspoons
Thanks chris

Well MINE hasn't arrived :mad1:

(Suppose I should have ordered one! ;) )

Looked a great deal and very useful for you guys driving those oversized monsters :)

Thank you.

Thank you all for your very kind comments; your appreciation has been warmly felt.

I only found out mine had arrived about half an hour ago when a neighbour called to let me know a parcel had been left with him. I thought I'd better check the forum to see if others had got theirs and that's when I realised there had been more anticipation about their arrival than I could imagine! I had not seen the posts about imminent deliveries and I'd not checked my order status; its delivery was a complete surprise.

I'm very pleased many forum members got an order in quick enough and thanks again to Wooie for quickly verifying the offer was a good one.

Enjoy.

Got mine I was keeping quiet because I don't have much luck what a nice piece of kit bargain thanks ..
That's me got two back up navs I've got snooper built in dash and the last one somebody posted from Aldi or Lidl never gettin lost again. Good man private I owe Ye a pint as well 😁😁😁🤑 IMG_0046.jpg

It is very pleasing that quite a few members managed to take advantage of this, I hope to meet private one day and let him buy me a pint, I am from Yorkshire what did you expect ;)

Anyone who has bought a new Tomtom that doesn't use POI's like the old ones have a look at Mapcode.com as an alternative of using coordinates or postcodes, it is an interactive map where you can search for areas you would like to go and provides a short address for ANY location on Earth. Much like a postal code, except its a world-wide postal code.
I have put the WC POI's in but it isn't as easy to find them as my old Tomtom GO740 because you have to search for them and they are not in an easy order to find, while playing around I came across this website and find it easier than putting coordinates in when I am looking where we are on the map

Apps are available for Iphone or Android devices
http://www.mapcode.com/downloads.ht...ode=52.636865,-0.673470&xx=-1.3419&yy=52.8429

It is very easy to input the address in the tomtom search bar

About search
You use search to find a wide range of places and then navigate to them. You can search for the
following:
 A specific address, for example, type in 123 Oxford Street, London.
 A partial address, for example, type in Oxford st Lon.
 A type of place, for example, type in petrol station or restaurant.
 A place by name, for example, type in Starbucks.
 A postcode, for example, type in W1D 1LL for Oxford Street, London.
 A city to navigate to a city centre, for example, type in London.
 A POI (Point of Interest) near your current location, for example, type in restaurant near me.
A mapcode, for example, type in WH6SL.TR10
 Latitude and longitude coordinates, for example, type in:
N 51°30′31″ W 0°08′34″.
Tip: To search for a specific street in the United Kingdom or the Netherlands, type in a postcode,
then leave a space and then type in the house number. For example, 1017CT 35. For other
countries, postcodes are area-based and will give you a list of matching cities, towns and streets
in your search results.

Anyone who has bought a new Tomtom that doesn't use POI's like the old ones have a look at Mapcode.com as an alternative of using coordinates or postcodes, it is an interactive map where you can search for areas you would like to go and provides a short address for ANY location on Earth. Much like a postal code, except its a world-wide postal code.
I have put the WC POI's in but it isn't as easy to find them as my old Tomtom GO740 because you have to search for them and they are not in an easy order to find, while playing around I came across this website and find it easier than putting coordinates in when I am looking where we are on the map

Apps are available for Iphone or Android devices
http://www.mapcode.com/downloads.ht...ode=52.636865,-0.673470&xx=-1.3419&yy=52.8429

It is very easy to input the address in the tomtom search bar

Firstly I don't want to appear to be moaning even though I am slightly, but this new Trucker Satnav handles POIs in an odd manner. My previous Tomtom was a 1005 and was and still is a great unit. One of the best bits with the old tomtom was that the screen displayed my POIs that I use most. I found it really useful to see a wild camping spot or an Aldi super market or ************* place as I passed them and often I would change my plans and detour to one of the POIs.

I have only travelled with the new unit for about 100 miles so far and really like the look of it and the size of the display. It is a totally different system and I really like the intergration with my smart phone for destination planning but imo the poi handling is p**s poor.

I am going to have a play with it over the next couple of weeks and make my mind up then if I like it more than my old unit.
I am glad to have been given the chance to buy this item at a ridiculous price and appreciate the information posted by Private about this deal.

Bodge

Firstly I don't want to appear to be moaning even though I am slightly, but this new Trucker Satnav handles POIs in an odd manner. One of the best bits with the old tomtom was that the screen displayed my POIs that I use most. I found it really useful to see a wild camping spot or an Aldi super market or ************* place as I passed them and often I would change my plans and detour to one of the POIs.

I have only travelled with the new unit for about 100 miles so far and really like the look of it and the size of the display. It is a totally different system and I really like the intergration with my smart phone for destination planning but imo the poi handling is p**s poor.

I am going to have a play with it over the next couple of weeks and make my mind up then if I like it more than my old unit.
I am glad to have been given the chance to buy this item at a ridiculous price and appreciate the information posted by Private about this deal.

Bodge
That is why I said it doesn't use POI's like the old ones, it is a backward step by Tomtom in my opinion but it is a fantastic satnav and the more I play with it the more I like it, I have put all my POI's on including WC and Camperstop 2016, it is getting easier finding the nearest to me or finding one in a specific area and now I can find any POi's anywhere, I still wish they showed on the screen though but until it accepts BMP files it isn't going to happen, Hopefully an upgrade in the future might bring certain features back but the search features on this are amazing

I have to agree with that and I am determined to get the best out of it

My way

POI's installed on TomTom and on Tablet (Maps Me)

Get the overview on the tablet and punch in the location on TomTom

That is a good idea for WC POI's, I will be putting a few other POI's in maps.me as well, it will probably be more useful to see them on a map instead of the satnav screen, we should be able to plan better

Did a trial run to the supermarket and was quite impressed with the trucker sat nav. Width settings remain to include my wing mirrors.

Driving along you are aware of many red highlighted side roads....no go zones.
I already have the very similar TomTom for the road car so no learning curve needed.

Off on a week holiday to the West Country on Thursday to put it to the test.

Very techy week, what with my new tablet as well. (Full sized usb to enable usb audio out to my fancy DAC /amp setup) Laptop in the van will be a thing of the past.

I found with the TomTom Trucker software that it paid to increase the width of my 'van to avoid marginal width roads.

I would recommend strongly adding at least 6 inches to your actual width ...

Greedy boys sussed

From the trucker forum it seems those who ordered more than one only got the one at the cheap price. The other orders were cancelled.

Anyone here got more than one?

Now thats looks more like it. I have also just discovered that you can copy the lat long coords from map.me and paste them very quickly into tomtom my drive app on my android phone then send it to the satnav as a destination.

Bodge

One sat nav too many now

Seems silly to have two of the buggers now.

Anyone want a TomTomGo 5000 with lifetime maps and lifetime traffic? £100

Last edited:
We got lucky once....

Another 7 days to go, getting excited again:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We got lucky once, who dares say it can't happen again?
I've not looked into the detail of the offer yet so no idea if it will apply.
Good luck & let us know how you get on next week.

The sat nav did try to take me up a lane that was six foot wide on the way up to Minehead Hill. Had to reverse and do a three point turn.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back