TomTom Truck mis-price??? £150

Small Animal Charities

I sincerely thank those who have suggested donations to me for posting the mis-price on this forum.
Until recently (1st October) I had an easy answer for people wanting to pay me for small jobs & that was for them to donate to my favourite animal charity. Unfortunately that has now closed down (I guess I didn’t do enough small jobs!?) and I am struggling to find a replacement as my second choice charity has also been forced to closed.
At the heart of these closures is the big issue with animal charities. The big ones are business’s and run primarily for profit whilst the smaller ones put the real hours, love and all their money into their animal care which leaves no time to search for new donations. The big animal charities take vast amounts in donations & bank it & the smaller animal charities are not even known about by the well-meaning donors.
So, in trying unsuccessfully not to ramble, what I am trying to say is that I really appreciate the kind comments & generous offers that this thread has produced but I am far less needy than hundreds of small animal charities. If anyone wishes to repay me in monetary terms I would be most grateful if they would find their local, small animal charity and make a donation to them. This would please me immensely.

My former charities for the curious & as an example of the type of charities I believe need our support:

Bunny Camp Sanctuary

Wildlife Rescue Sanctuaries - Info | Facebook

P.S. small refers to the size of the charity, not the size of the animal! Hedgehogs to horses all need our help.

Now thats looks more like it. I have also just discovered that you can copy the lat long coords from map.me and paste them very quickly into tomtom my drive app on my android phone then send it to the satnav as a destination.

Bodge

So following a week in Scotland I have decided to keep my old Tomtom 1005 with lifetime maps and 12 months live traffic. I really like the 6000 and its smart phone connectivity and planning of routes from A to B what I can't get to grips with is its total lack of poi intergration. I drive for a living and find the 6000 really good at traffic rerouting (much like my 1005) and I love the 6" screen and clarity of the image but the lack of being able to show wildcamping spots, fuel, lpg, aires etc etc is just a total oversight by Tomtom and I feel quite angry that this feature has been omitted from this more modern series of device. I believe the newest Go series has the same limitations as the 6000.

During my holiday I literally amble around in a rough direction and see where we end up. More often than not a green W would show up on the 1005 screen which would provide our sleep spot for the night. I found the new unit quite limiting to our style of travel and relies on you pulling over and actively searching for somewhere to pull over for the night. Likewise passing a pub with the 1005 would tell me that they were MH friendly and often we would just pull in there for the night on impulse. The 6000 just simply doesn't do that and only shows general car parks and fuel stations.

I think that to get the most out of our travels we would have to have both devices side by side with the 6000 guiding the route and the 1005 showing my poi locations as we pass by, this is obviously crazy when the 1005 can do a good job of everything on it's own.

Luckily I was fortunate enough to get the unit at a bargain price (thanks to Private) so I am passing the unit on to someone who will get better use out of it.

For anyone who does not use any 3rd party poi files it is a fab unit and offers many great features but it is not for me, with my pesky poi requirements :)

Bodge

Last edited:
Never having had poi s displayed on my old sat nav this is not an issue for me. Quick check on the tablet and MapsMe shows any local places to stop.
Agreed it is an oversight.

It is possible to add the poi files to the 6000 once they are on they can be viewed in "my places". I have not found a way to get them to show on the map as I am driving but a quick press of the button shows any pois in the area.

It is possible to add the poi files to the 6000 once they are on they can be viewed in "my places". I have not found a way to get them to show on the map as I am driving but a quick press of the button shows any pois in the area.

I have added them, it's the not having them displayed on the screen as you drive that I find unbelievable. In France we will set a destination and as other aires etc come into view we often change our mind and stop off on impulse.

Anyone who has never used the poi files like this will not miss this feature like I do. Tomtom have been dragging their heels over this issue and there was first talk of this feature being added 2 years ago on the new style units so it makes me think it isn't going to happen anytime soon if ever.

Bodge

That's me too.

I have added them, it's the not having them displayed on the screen as you drive that I find unbelievable. In France we will set a destination and as other aires etc come into view we often change our mind and stop off on impulse.

Anyone who has never used the poi files like this will not miss this feature like I do. Tomtom have been dragging their heels over this issue and there was first talk of this feature being added 2 years ago on the new style units so it makes me think it isn't going to happen anytime soon if ever.

Bodge

Gutted. I do the same. Still not used mine much yet & not tried adding POI's so really disappointed to hear this.
On my 520 I have it set up to speak the words "Wild Camping Location Nearby" whenever we come within 3 miles (as crow flies) of a Wild Camping POI. I assume that will no longer be possible too.

Gutted. I do the same. Still not used mine much yet & not tried adding POI's so really disappointed to hear this.
On my 520 I have it set up to speak the words "Wild Camping Location Nearby" whenever we come within 3 miles (as crow flies) of a Wild Camping POI. I assume that will no longer be possible too.

Absolutely not Private.

Cashback received

Got my £40 today. Appears as "Mando Corporation" on my statement. Took me a while to work out what it was for.

Thank You.

Received mine too.
Well done Very.
Well done TomTom.
A very admirable way to deal with the mis-price, which I know Very were not obligated to honour.
Thank you.

Nice 1, congrats to all that benefitted from this deal :wave:

Three guesses who's the top of everyones christmas card list :confused: :dance:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back