To level or not to level

Ah but also which camp are you in as regards care of your beloved ramps? Are you in the meticulously clean the ramps after use and put them back into their pristine bag camp or are you in the immediately discard the bag (they never fit back in anyway) on first use and then from that day forward just sling the muddy ramps in the garage camp?
Mine are easy to put in the bag. It holds them in a convenient rectangular shape. Never been washed in their lives.

I carry egg crate grills and short Milenco track thingies to do exactly the same thing but fortunately I haven't had to deploy them yet.

Good point about the stability, had forgotten about that: it does stop any rock and roll.

That will depend on how energetic your night time activities are o_O 🤣🤣

Ah but also which camp are you in as regards care of your beloved ramps? Are you in the meticulously clean the ramps after use and put them back into their pristine bag camp or are you in the immediately discard the bag (they never fit back in anyway) on first use and then from that day forward just sling the muddy ramps in the garage camp?

Guess which one I'm in? :D

Quick swill off whilst away and using them but a proper power wash and polish when i get home :)

Our Milenco's fit straight back in the bag no problem, I don't recall ever washing them, but may have in the 11years with had them.

Dunno if I've got a bag with mine Barry.

They're still in the Amazon delivery bag.

SWMBO likes it reasonably level so we aim for feet being lower than head and flatish front to back. Usually find a spot that works with our large round spirit level on the side locker.

Mrs GMJ has trouble keeping her balance most of the time anyway due to her MS, so we always look to get as level as we can.

My van sits high at the back due to extra load springs from when it was a library bus which carried 2 tons of books, should i now weigh the wife. :eek:

I've stopped buying cheap spirit levels, especially the little round ones, same with temperature gauges, try them next to each other and they tend to vary.

My phone app is far more accurate.

Having said that how many know the simple way to check a spirit level.

I've stopped buying cheap spirit levels, especially the little round ones, same with temperature gauges, try them next to each other and they tend to vary.

Do you know where you can buy replacement spirit level bubbles Kev? Mine doesn't seem to work anymore?

GF was always complaining I didn't get the van level, brought a cheap bullseye level, she puts down the ramps for me to drive up, I put level on floor, drive up ramps to get van as level as I can, then before she gets back in I turn level until it shows van perfectly level, nothing wrong with a inaccurate level. 😜

drums.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back