The demise of Lpg stations

Your last paragraph was almost right Sharpie, I would change to governments don’t appear capable of thinking though

Luckily my filler cap holds the trigger perfectly, no standing around for me. Plenty of time to walk round, clean lights & mirrors, put kettle on, smoke a fag etc. :p

If garages , supermarkets ,pubs etc fit charging points it will only be to profit .why should electric vehicles be VED free they still Ware out roads and cause pollution at the power station ?

If garages , supermarkets ,pubs etc fit charging points it will only be to profit .why should electric vehicles be VED free they still Ware out roads and cause pollution at the power station ?

Of course not. The Government must have it's tax revenue which is not hypothecated to maintaining roads, filling in potholes etc. It goes into the exchequer and they re distribute it grudgingly. Current thinking is road pricing, pay per mile, constant monitoring. Not altogether a bad idea, if they also eliminate road tax and road fuel duty. As if.

Or just pile on road fuel duty in whatever proportion, do away with road tax, pay as you go by buying the fuel, all these ideas are up for grabs. That would be my preference and it's so simple. Since I own five vehicles and resent paying road tax on all of them, seeing as I can only use one or two at a time.

'leccy vehicles will become taxed whether from the supply or by the mile, the Government must have it's tax, one way or the other but they haven't figured out how to do it quite yet. At the moment we are in transition.

Yup greggbear ,too much of a cash cow,, and the oil companies and producing countries won’t see their cosy little monopoly broken .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back