Strange times

Fortunately i dont worry too much - but i am careful in current situation but with everything in life if you take chances you have to be prepared to pay the consequences
True but folk doing as they wish are in fact pos tantamount to murdering others by their actions, how many people do you see filling their cars up without gloves or sanitizing hands.

True but folk doing as they wish are in fact pos tantamount to murdering others by their actions, how many people do you see filling their cars up without gloves or sanitizing hands.

Last edited:

You going for a job with the conservative party Trev? :LOL:

so true marie......however this virus is going to be with us for ALL OF NEXT YEAR and probably beyond that.........////////we are going to have to learn to live with it.......as you say common sense and logic

People are not actually ‘murdering’ one another, Trev. It’s the virus that’s the killer. Just ask fazerloz. He says they were following all the rules and being very careful, but he still caught it and ended up in hospital in a bad way. Who would we blame for that? Must be someone, or ‘something’ he picked it up from after all, so were they or ‘it’ guilty of pre-meditated murder? I kinda doubt that, but that’s just my opinion.

It’s up to each of us to take responsibility for protecting ourselves, just don’t expect everybody else to be as careful as you would like them to be.

That means taking your own gloves and sanitiser to use at the petrol stations - and everywhere else you might be visiting/using.

I wouldn’t worry about what everyone else is or isn’t doing, just concentrate on looking after yourself & those close to you first and foremost.

Last edited:
People are not actually ‘murdering’ one another, Trev. It’s the virus that’s the killer. Just ask fazerloz. He says they were following all the rules and being very careful, but he still caught it and ended up in hospital in a bad way. Who would we blame for that? Must be someone, or ‘something’ he picked it up from after all, so were they or ‘it’ guilty of pre-meditated murder? I kinda doubt that, but that’s just my opinion.

It’s up to each of us to take responsibility for protecting ourselves, just don’t expect everybody else to be as careful as you would like them to be.

That means taking your own gloves and sanitiser to use at the petrol stations - and everywhere else you might be visiting/using.

I wouldn’t worry about what everyone else is or isn’t doing, just concentrate on looking after yourself & those close to you first and foremost.
At the start garages had sanitizing bottles at front door, thats vanished along with gloves, so I take my own both in the car and van, those that dont bother are in fact spreading the bug and guilty by their uncaring loos actions.:mad:

At the start garages had sanitizing bottles at front door, thats vanished along with gloves, so I take my own both in the car and van, those that dont bother are in fact spreading the bug and guilty by their uncaring loos actions.:mad:
Consider some dont use hand sanitiser going into shop or wiping trolley before use then handle fresh food items if you feel vulnerable it could open up a lot of worries for people - and i dont wipe food items down when i get home similar to probably a lot of other people

One things for sure I will never know how I came to contract this virus but I did. All you can do is follow the rules and be vigilant. It may only take one slip up by either you or your partner if you have one and you have it. Stay safe. (y)

I can see where Trev's coming from. To me those who take no heed of the rules are responsible for the spread and continuation of the virus. Without a supply of willing hosts the virus would simply die out. We will shortly see if there is any or how large the price to be paid is for this Christmas.

Today ,on the news, they estimated that footfall on the highstreet In tiers 2 and 3 is down by 38 to 42%. I wonder if that number represents the percentage of people who take the covid threat seriously? Obviously not worried they could bring home more than the bargains they were hoping for.

Consider some dont use hand sanitiser going into shop or wiping trolley before use then handle fresh food items if you feel vulnerable it could open up a lot of worries for people - and i dont wipe food items down when i get home similar to probably a lot of other people
WE wipe everything down here, even postage, I think of it as germ warfare of which I had training on, 15 seconds to get a NBC outfit on or your tatty bread.

I went into Stirling today to get chicken thighs to make soup and it was like a ghost town. Aldi was empty and ended up getting a lot of meat and chicken to put in the freezer as there was a lot of stuff reduced.

I use sanitisers sometimes, but every time I do, I wonder If I'm encouraging a strain that is resistant to sanitiser. I may have watched too many sci fi films many years ago, on the other hand, that is how nature works, and nature has been around a good while.

Few shops I've been in are half empty. Just like first lock down. Pleased I made lots of soup for the freezer when the going was good.

I use sanitisers sometimes, but every time I do, I wonder If I'm encouraging a strain that is resistant to sanitiser. I may have watched too many sci fi films many years ago, on the other hand, that is how nature works, and nature has been around a good while.

Few shops I've been in are half empty. Just like first lock down. Pleased I made lots of soup for the freezer when the going was good.

I've always been of the opinion Mark that a little muck does you good and I do feel that this world is a little too sterile so we don't build up resistance to bugs etc.

I tend to try and avoid risks with this one though, I've seen what it can do first hand and it's really nasty.

I've always been of the opinion Mark that a little muck does you good and I do feel that this world is a little too sterile so we don't build up resistance to bugs etc.

I tend to try and avoid risks with this one though, I've seen what it can do first hand and it's really nasty.

...I should add - in some cases!

Agree with you about the muck.

Been around it plenty, I know it can be nasty, fortunately it's usually not.

in my life , i've found it expeditious to assume that most people are out to get me , so this covid stuff is just more of the same . i hope i'm as ready for it as i'd like to be ,survival is my game , but this one's sneaky , putting on your g/kid's face or maybe attaching itself to a bag of Tesco spuds

AS with a vaccine, they say a little bit of what kills you does you good, ill take my chances with a we blondy bird. 😂 😜

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back