Strange times

Who is in the bubble?

Myself, Son, D-I-L three granddaughters 11, 8 & 4.

We have been in a bubble for ages in tier 3 and are assuming because of that we can stay together as we are now both in tier 4.
I'm now busy reading the guidance.

Found the relevant bit which allows it:-

If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must follow the rules below from Sunday 20 December. This means that you cannot meet other people indoors, including over the Christmas period, unless you live with them, or they are part of your existing support bubble. Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household. These rules will not be relaxed for Christmas.

Last edited:
OK' I've reread Phil's post on rules, and am making a observation, so think this should be allowed.
Last night we had to drive through town at 8pm, there was a long que down the road which puzzled me, when we got too head of que it was a nail bar. I'm told my local barber was open until midnight.
Strange times indeed.
Despite being on 'urgent list', I'm not expecting to have my operation until late spring, by that time I may well be in a wheelchair as even walking with crutches is becoming increasingly painful, BUT, I'm still alive which many aren't and today I managed ten miles on my ebike, I was a bit apprehensive as walking the bike out the drive was painful, but once I got going it was a joy to be out and about in the sun. I've probably overdone it, and will pay tonight and tomorrow when the meds wear off, but what the hell I needed that.

Bad news - Over a week ago we all decided to have Christmas at our own homes this year. We will miss the family

Good news - we have all done all he shopping so no last minute shopping required.

Terry I’m sorry to hear about your sister in law and for everyone who’s either got mil’s by themselves I do hope next year will be better and you’ll be able to see your loved ones and those that aren’t well I wish them a speedy recovery,.. my grandson has to isolate until Boxing Day as his support teacher tested positive and my daughter had just came out of isolation

We had already planned to only see our daughter, son-in-law and grandson ( main reason for going ) with minimal contact at their house for approx 1 hour on christmas morning, they only live 10 minutes away and we are both in Tier 3, that will still go ahead.

Our son, also in Tier 3 has only just come back from a holiday in Antigua with his girlfriend had originally planned on going to hers for christmas but seeing as she lives down south and is now in Tier 4 will not be going and is also staying well away from us and his sister / her family to be on the safe side.

The father-in-law ( 80 ) we will see on the 23rd Dec when we take him to see the consultant, he is riddled with Leukemia, obviously we will both be masked and gloved up, be very, very careful and keep as much distance as it is possible.

He really does enjoy his own company however, i`ve have made sure that he is fully equipped with the best up to date technology for keeping in touch which we all do regular and that was the only time i was ( a bit naughty ) during the last lockdown when we dropped everything to go over and sort out his mobile phone which somehow he`d managed to bugger up o_O

That`s it, that`s christmas in a nutshell so roll on next year for all of us except the father-in-law who will not be here.

Last edited:
He really does enjoy his own company however, i`ve have made sure that he is fully equipped with the best up to date technology for keeping in touch which we all do regular and that was the only time i was ( a bit naughty ) during the last lockdown when we dropped everything to go over and sort out his mobile phone which somehow he`d managed to bugger up o_O

That`s it, that`s christmas in a nutshell so roll on next year for all of us except the father-in-law who will not be here.

Naughty? Not a bit of it, only doing exactly what you or anyone else with a brain would have done.

Goes into the top category of common sense and pragmatism in my book 👍 ;)

Forgot to say, when we get back from the daughter`s on christmas morning there`s a bloody big padlock going on the front gates to stop that naughty virus getting in.

All parcels now delivered, all christmas cards given out and received from the neighbours so that` it.

Forgot to say, when we get back from the daughter`s on christmas morning there`s a bloody big padlock going on the front gates to stop that naughty virus getting in.

All parcels now delivered, all christmas cards given out and received from the neighbours so that` it.
Make sure you use wipes on all mail & parcels, or leave standing in the garage for 72 hrs, dont bring anything in.:eek:

Just heard Dave's sister's father in law passed away in Kent last night, broke his arm and taken in to hospital as so frail ( dementia) tested +ve covid but asymptomatic. Lovely man, end of a generation.:cry:

Hi, we had a death in the family last week.
Madams cousin went into hospital with pneumonia and caught the virus within a week and dead within two weeks.

We coudnt go to the funeral in the west midlands because of high infection rates and our own health problems.

A miserable bloody time all round.

Dezi

Hi, we had a death in the family last week.
Madams cousin went into hospital with pneumonia and caught the virus within a week and dead within two weeks.

We coudnt go to the funeral in the west midlands because of high infection rates and our own health problems.

A miserable bloody time all round.

Dezi

Ah, Dezi, very sorry to hear :(

Commiserations and hope all goes OK with funeral etc.

Yup, definitely a gloomy time all round.

Hang on in there, times are really rough for a lot of folk, but nothing lasts forever.
That old cliche? Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. Hard to hang onto, but keep plodding on (y)

Make sure you use wipes on all mail & parcels, or leave standing in the garage for 72 hrs, dont bring anything in.:eek:
Everything coming through the door gets sprayed and wiped Trev......doesn't do to stand still too long.

This will be our first Christmas without family around but we have plans. Provided the grandchildren arn't up at silly o'clock, we will watch them opening their pressies, Have a Christmas dinner then perhaps go to somewhere local with a view and have a brew. Wish it could be different but at the moment, covid rules.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back